• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Wichu

I promised myself that I wouldn't mm anything. Lol I broke that promise.

X is the first game I've seriously tried Masuda method. The only game I've actively searched for shinies in previously was Pearl with the Poké Radar.

And no, I'm not counting RNG abuse.

Or the Cute Charm bug.

spiritfox

I only have an imperfect Trapinch and a FF Vulpix missing SpD from MMing. the 2nd one wasn't planned since I was using the God Ditto for IVs, but still annoyed it got FF instead of Drought.

X is the first game I've seriously tried Masuda method. The only game I've actively searched for shinies in previously was Pearl with the Poké Radar.

And no, I'm not counting RNG abuse.

Or the Cute Charm bug.

What's the Cute Charm bug?

Wichu

What's the Cute Charm bug?

The way Cute Charm forces wild Pokémon gender in 4th gen screws with the shiny rate. Basically, Cute Charm sets the wild Pokémon's PID to a value between 0 and 24 according to its nature rather than just sensibly adjusting the PID, which means if any of those PIDs are shiny in your save your shiny rate goes sky-high.

Kirlia

Banned
Wow, had a Porygon on GTS for over a day now, and no one is giving me Glameow for it. Of all the Pokemon I was expecting to take forever to get on GTS, Glameow was not one of them.

Aggrotek

Do you still need to see a Diglett? Trade you a Chestnaught and back? Or do you want to keep it?

I need Diglett yes. I have Chesnaught. Do you have any of these Gen 3 pokes?

Lombre
Seedot
Nuzleaf
Surskit
Makuhita
Wailmer
Wailord
Numel
Camerupt
Grumpig
Cacnea
Swablu
Altaria
Barboach
Cradily
Tropius
Spheleo
Walrein

one_kill

Wow, had a Porygon on GTS for over a day now, and no one is giving me Glameow for it. Of all the Pokemon I was expecting to take forever to get on GTS, Glameow was not one of them.
You shouldn't keep Pokemon on the GTS for long. If they don't get traded within 5-6 hours, take it back and offer it again.

spiritfox

I need Diglett yes. I have Chesnaught. Do you have any of these Gen 3 pokes?

Lombre
Seedot
Nuzleaf
Surskit
Makuhita
Wailmer
Wailord
Numel
Camerupt
Grumpig
Cacnea
Swablu
Altaria
Barboach
Cradily
Tropius
Spheleo
Walrein

I have Seedot, Wailmer, Grumpig, Swablu, Barboach, Tropius, and Makuhita. You on now?

spiritfox

I am! I don't need to keep anything but the ones that need to evolve, sans Barboach and Makuhita.

Do you need anything?

Don't mind if I keep the Seedot? I has egg moves and I may want to breed it in the future. Also, you can catch Altarias easily just outside Victory Road, do you still want to keep the Swablu?

I just want some dex entries, so if you have:

Chestnaught
Pidgeot
Wormadam
Mothim
Pedo Shark
Pyroar
Golduck
Roserade
Final evos of any Kanto starter

I just want to see them, so I'll trade any back if you need them.

Aggrotek

Don't mind if I keep the Seedot? I has egg moves and I may want to breed it in the future. Also, you can catch Altarias easily just outside Victory Road, do you still want to keep the Swablu?

I just want some dex entries, so if you have:

Chestnaught
Pidgeot
Wormadam
Mothim
Pedo Shark
Pyroar
Golduck
Roserade
Final evos of any Kanto starter

I just want to see them, so I'll trade any back if you need them.
Not sure what I have I will check.

You can keep the Swablu. I just needed Nuzleaf too. :p

Also who is pedo shark?

Aggrotek

Down to my last few! If anyone can help me out I will love you forever!

Magnemite
Voltorb
Pineco
Mantine
Houndoom
Lombre
Numel
Cacnea
Skuntank
Toxicroak
Patrat
Pidove
Swoobat
Audino
Basculin
Crustle
Ducklett
Malamar

I don't get people on the GTS.... Why the fuck do people want things that can't exist. ITS SO INFURIATING.

Aomber

Subbed

I've barely touched this game despite getting it at launch, I have no idea why. Gonna jump into it again though. Might even start over since it's been so long.

Down to my last few! If anyone can help me out I will love you forever!

I don't get people on the GTS.... Why the fuck do people want things that can't exist. ITS SO INFURIATING.
I just started filling out my Pokédex myself, and I have a Lombre, Toxicroak, and Ducklett you can check out.

Muku

I AM VERY TEMPTED TO BUY THIS SHIRT RIGHT NOW PLZ STOP ME

Jslp0T9.jpg

http://teeturtle.com/products/fire-mage

Okay, so I just put my order in for the Hoodie. I wanted tshirt and hoodie but could only get one. WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO AWESOME?! Can't wait, but have a while for it to come in being abroad. :(

Recently, I've found that Terrakion on GTS trades so easily it's scaring me. I have traded a bunch of stuff for it, most recently getting Tornadus and Thundurus. Going to try my luck and get another and ask for Landorus. Hope to get both forms of each. So lately I've been collecting legendaries since I'm tired of waiting on bank. I go from a 5IV Pokemon -> Milotic -> Terrakion -> whatever I'm looking for. I've not tried anything above the cloud guys (on the chart) but tempted to. Milotic and Terrakion are trading like candy on there. I'm diggin it.

EDIT: God the RNG Gods blessed me yesterday, then cursed me today. Got a shiny Charmander. Going for Adamant. Got a shiny, and he's 31/X/31/31/31/31. Ugggh. Guess he'll be for show rather than for pewpew.

Son Of D

Finally got Moltres. Now I have all the XY legendaries possible at the moment. I have a second Zygarde, but no one seems to want them on GTS so I have nothing to do with it. Unless I just try and get a non-Kalos legendary.

Nekki

Thank you! Yeah.. after last nights count I was about 900 eggs. :(

EDIT: Okay, now I have almost a full box of 6IV Ponyta. I'm glad I got rid of a few before because it'd be a box+ otherwise. If anyone wants any, please let me know. Willing to take whatever you'd like to trade for it. Just need to find them homes.

All Adamant with egg moves: Low Kick, Double Kick, Flame Wheel, and Morning Sun.

Run Away
x5 Female
x3 Male

Flash Fire
x3 Female
x1 Male

Flame Body (HA)
x10 Female
x7 Male

Are there still any up for grabs??

Redd

Anyone got some spare shiny stones? Apparently you can't buy them and now I can't evolve my pokemon. Appreciate it.

Wichu

You can get them from the Roserade Super Training mission, too (you need to use a fully-trained Pokémon to unlock it).

one_kill

Wow, never even knew about this stuff. Looks like I need to super train. Thanks for the advice.
Are you trying to get some to evolve some Pokemon for Dex? Or is it to evolve Pokemon you're planning to use competitively? If it's the former, you could easily get one on the GTS.

Top Bottom