• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Dandalf

Neo Member
I haven't fought many Hawluchas, but it might make a good physical sweeper. A lot in the current meta counter it though, but it would do well against some Pokemon.

This.

He's going to be a physical sweeper for sure.

I plan going with:

+6 HP/+252 ATK/+252 SPD - Item: Red Card with Unburden (which is why I'll need an Ability Capsule)

U-Turn
Hi Jump Kick (STAB)
Acrobatics (STAB)
Swords Dance

MicH

Been hatching Nidorans all day yesterday and today. Patience growing thin, especially as there is so much else I want to breed!

I must stay strong!!

Have to run some errands now, but later on this afternoon, I'll be available for anyone that wants stuff transferred from B/W/B2/W2 over to X or Y.

onslack

Been hatching Nidorans all day yesterday and today. Patience growing thin, especially as there is so much else I want to breed!

I must stay strong!!

You're going to hate me.. I hatched a Shiny male and female Nidoran in 2 batches of eggs hahaha!

Kirlia

Banned
Have to run some errands now, but later on this afternoon, I'll be available for anyone that wants stuff transferred from B/W/B2/W2 over to X or Y.

Oh yes. That would be super duper lovely. I'll have to dig out my White 2 though, haha...and I'll probably transfer about eight Pokemon as well, mainly the special ones like Victini and Shaymin. I don't want to overload you!

You're going to hate me.. I hatched a Shiny male and female Nidoran in 2 batches of eggs hahaha!

That reminds me of my first caught shiny, a male Nidoran in FireRed...AND in the Safari Zone. Someday, Ein the Nidoking will see 3D.

Speaking of shinies, were the different rate changes ever figured out? Friend Safari in particular...

Shiny Rate overall in the game is 1/4096. For hordes (as you encounter 5 Pokémon at the same time) it's 5/4096 or 1/819.20. For breeding using the Masuda Method it's 6/4096 or 1/682.67. Shiny Charm increases the chance of normally encountering Shinies to 1/1365.33 (a 33% increased chance), for hordes it would be 5/1365.33 or 1/273.06. No idea if it affects breeding yet, if it did the Masuda Method chance would be 1/227.55.

No idea about increased chances in Friend Safari though.

Wichu

Shiny Rate overall in the game is 1/4096. For hordes (as you encounter 5 Pokémon at the same time) it's 5/4096 or 1/819.20. For breeding using the Masuda Method it's 6/4096 or 1/682.67. Shiny Charm increases the chance of normally encountering Shinies to 1/1365.33 (a 33% increased chance), for hordes it would be 5/1365.33 or 1/273.06. No idea if it affects breeding yet, if it did the Masuda Method chance would be 1/227.55.

No idea about increased chances in Friend Safari though.

That's not how Shiny Charm interacts with MM, even in gen 5. In gen 5 it went from 6/8192 to 8/8192; research places the X/Y chance as 9/4096 or 10/4096.

Man, this is bogus. I decided to try cloning a 6iv Ditto for my younger brother, so I start off with a test cloning of Metapod to make sure I don't accidentally erase something. Perfect! My first attempt at cloning was a success! My next ten or so attempts with the Ditto... nothing.

Come on!

L.O.R.D

yey
just got shiny Rayquaza ... soo beautiful
now i need the forces of nature and 3 lake monster and shaymin to complete all the legendary

RoySFNR

Loving the wonder trade right now. Just got a protean Froakie, a Darumaka and a Cyndaquil alongside a lot of Pokemon I don't have yet. Wish there was a communication feature so I could send them my gratitude.

L.O.R.D

Loving the wonder trade right now. Just got a protean Froakie, a Darumaka and a Cyndaquil alongside a lot of Pokemon I don't have yet. Wish there was a communication feature so I could send them my gratitude.

i think there are , anyone how trade with you appeare in the middle line i think

Boogiepop

Congrats man!

Thanks. It actually popped up pretty quick. Now to keep going! Also, to make me extra happy, my first Luxury Ball went for a critical capture as well!
Edit: The chain fishing dream dies with just that. I got to 54 before my distraction caused me to accidentally reel it in early. Oh well.

Muku

Unfortunately, using an ability capsule on a HA doesn't do anything :(

That's cool, just wanted to check. The HA or FF would work. Became more of a curiousity thing as I'm starting to breed Pokemon now with HAs. Thank you. :)

So, who else is trying to Masuda a shiny and what are you MMing?

I'm currently working on getting a shiny Nidoran. Hopefully a male, but a female would be ok too. That blue Nidoking, though. I want!

MM is only way I'm going. My luck in wild doesn't exist. I'm no good at chaining, not that I have patience for that anyway. Plus came across my first shiny ever this generation through MM by total accident, so feel like it's easier to deal with. Got my Shiny Ponyta yesterday, shortly after started working on my Charmander.

Also, still have a boatload of 6IV Ponyta if anyone wants them. It's a whatever you'd like to give deal. (Though if anyone has a Shiny Ditto they'd be willing to part with, that would be awesome.) All Adamant with egg moves: Low Kick, Double Kick, Flame Wheel, and Morning Sun.

Run Away
x5 Female
x3 Male

Flash Fire
x2 Female
x1 Male

Flame Body
x10 Female
x7 Male

I refuse to give these things away on WT, but would like some box space back.

Oh my god, thank you! What would you like in return?

I'm currently breeding Timid Hustle Nidorans (I know I have an extra perfect (31/x/31/31/31/31) male one left.

I also still have some No Guard Machops w/ Knock Off, Bullet Punch and Ice Punch, Lightning Rod Cubones w/ Iron Head and Detect and much more. These are just my recent breeds.

Nidoran would find a great home here :)
I won't be home for at least 7 more hours though. My FC is in my GAF profile and IGN is Drew. I'll add you soon.

MicH

MM is only way I'm going. My luck in wild doesn't exist. I'm no good at chaining, not that I have patience for that anyway. Plus came across my first shiny ever this generation through MM by total accident, so feel like it's easier to deal with. Got my Shiny Ponyta yesterday, shortly after started working on my Charmander.
That's cool! What was that first shiny? Good luck on the Charmander!

I've only managed to Masuda shiny twice; a terrible Yamask in White and a near-perfect Ralts in X (who is now a Gardevoir). I did abuse the Instacheck cheat method and got a few from breeding; perfect Beldum, Marill, Shroomish and Tyrunt.

I think I've hatched close to or a bit over 80 Nidoran eggs so far which is nothing (but feels like oh so much). Definitely gonna keep going hoping to get a shiny Hustle male Nidoran. The odds are really against me on that one, with the possibility of it getting either Poison Point or Rivalry as well as being a female. Hopefully I luck out

Nidoran would find a great home here :)
I won't be home for at least 7 more hours though. My FC is in my GAF profile and IGN is Drew. I'll add you soon.
Sure thing, I'm heading to bed soon though (it's almost 2 AM here), but please PM me with your details and we'll work out when we can trade :p

Muku

That's cool! What was that first shiny?

I've only managed to Masuda shiny twice; a terrible Yamask in White and a near-perfect Ralts in X (who is now a Gardevoir). I did abuse the Instacheck cheat method and got a few from breeding; perfect Beldum, Marill, Shroomish and Tyrunt.

I think I've hatched close to or a bit over 80 Nidoran eggs so far which is nothing (but feels like oh so much). Definitely gonna keep going hoping to get a shiny Hustle male Nidoran. The odds are really against me on that one, with the possibility of it getting either Poison Point or Rivalry as well as being a female. Hopefully I luck out!

First shiny was Fennekin strangely enough. Was trying to breed one competition worthy and lo and behold a shiny one pops out and my jaw drops (ended up as a 4IV Fennekin that I'll live with, if nothing else because he's the first). So far I've MM'd an Eevee, a Zorua, and Ponyta. :) After my two rounds of Ponyta I'm sure I came in at well over 1,000 eggs just to see it. Felt worse than the two weeks getting a shiny Zorua.

Good luck! MM is fun, if not teaching me about patience.

I think I've hatched close to or a bit over 80 Nidoran eggs so far which is nothing (but feels like oh so much). Definitely gonna keep going hoping to get a shiny Hustle male Nidoran. The odds are really against me on that one, with the possibility of it getting either Poison Point or Rivalry as well as being a female. Hopefully I luck out!

Sure thing, I'm heading to bed soon though (it's almost 2 AM here), but please PM me with your details and we'll work out when we can trade :p
You're playing with death here my friend. May the RNG be ever in your favor.

SeZMehK

What I got by chance when breeding are the following:

Shiny:
Cottonee
Growlithe
Chimchar
Zorua
Ferroseed

All with imperfect IVs. :/

Currently actually MMing a Golett.

macklelol

I think I've hatched close to or a bit over 80 Nidoran eggs so far which is nothing (but feels like oh so much). Definitely gonna keep going hoping to get a shiny Hustle male Nidoran. The odds are really against me on that one, with the possibility of it getting either Poison Point or Rivalry as well as being a female. Hopefully I luck out

Good luck, my shiny Tangela came out with Leaf Guard, so I'm still breeding them ;_;. Hopefully I can get a shiny Regenerator Tangela soon.

Kirlia

Banned
What I got by chance when breeding are the following:

Shiny:
Cottonee
Growlithe
Chimchar
Zorua
Ferroseed

All with imperfect IVs. :/

Currently actually MMing a Golett.

When it comes to IVs, I actually don't really care that much about them on shinies since I probably won't use them for competitive battle anyway. The IVs, in that case, is more of a bonus than anything else. I only get annoyed if the Pokemon, shiny or not, gets one or more 0 IV values in stats that it excels in.

Sigmaah

MM mons I got so far:
Abra (wasn't trying for this but got it anyway)
Perfect Piplup
Imperfect Gligar

That's about it for my MM mons.

I've Masuda'd:

-Aegislash with great IVs (Except for Def)
-Trevenant with good IVs
-Sableye with great IVs (I actually Inst-checked this after around 800 eggs)
-Sylveon randomly with good IVs

I'll probably go for another shiny sometime soon. It's been a while since my last one.

Wichu

My Masudas have been:
Eevee (bad nature, bad IVs, I was just trying to get a couple of females)
Froakie (Timid Protean, 31/x/31/31/31/31)
Chespin (Adamant Overgrow, 31/0/31/x/31/31) ...yeah, I know :(
Piplup (Modest Torrent, average IVs)
Fennekin (Timid Blaze, 31/x/31/31/5/31)
Dedenne (Lonely Pickup, x/x/0/0/0/31, aww yeah!) ... which I turned into Chimchar (Hasty Iron Fist, 30/31/30/31/31/31 HP Ice) using the egg exploit. Now that's more like it.
Espurr (Bold Infiltrator, x/x/31/31/31/31, haven't checked the HP yet)

Currently trying to get another Espurr with the hidden ability.

Top Bottom