• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

one_kill

Trying to evolve a floette. Never been on GTS.
You can offer Friend Safari Pokemon on the GTS.

I use Elekid. Breed Elekid, offer it for Rhyperior, trade it for Milotic, and trade Milotic for whatever else. You can probably stop with Rhyperior (that is, trade Ryhperior for Florges)

*sees all the goletts he hatched and still no shiny*

My patience is wearing out... >.>

I haven't done any shiny breeding yet, but I have been doing a lot of IV breeding and when a Pokemon isn't good I just release it, that way I don't have to see how many I've wasted my time hatching!

Aggrotek

Been breeding today for my shiny Noibat and decided to roam around in the FS for a bit to see if I could find a random shiny and the 4th encounter I found this guy!

HVFDNPE.jpg

RoySFNR

Anyone with experience in countering Talonflame?

I currently run a non sandstream Tyranitar because sandstream messes up the synergy with my Charizard-Y and Darmanitan, but I feel it is far from optimal. I'm willing to attempt using some more obscure pokemon since I'm feeling fairly confident in the way my team works right now. Would love if it could be a defogger/spinner as well since my only form of countering hazards is switching in a magic bouncer which is rather risky and somewhat predictable.

one_kill

I currently run a non sandstream Tyranitar because sandstream messes up the synergy with my Charizard-Y and Darmanitan, but I feel it is far from optimal. I'm willing to attempt using some more obscure pokemon since I'm feeling fairly confident in the way my team works right now. Would love if it could be a defogger/spinner as well since my only form of countering hazards is switching in a magic bouncer which is rather risky and somewhat predictable.
Excadrill

Wichu

Excadrill

Uhh... Talonflame outspeeds Excadrill and OHKOes with Flare Blitz.

And even if Talonflame is Choiced and locked into Brave Bird, standard Excadrill is 2HKOed if it's taken any previous damage whatsoever (even 1 layer of Spikes).

Tiamant

Carracosta or Kabutops. Fire attacks make 1/4 dmg and flying 1/2 dmg, both have good defense and attack.

one_kill

Uhh... Talonflame outspeeds Excadrill and OHKOes with Flare Blitz.

And even if Talonflame is Choiced and locked into Brave Bird, standard Excadrill is 2HKOed if it's taken any previous damage whatsoever (even 1 layer of Spikes).
Oh yeah, you're right
I actually use Gliscor to counter Talonflame

I focused too much on the Rapid Spin comment :x

KiraFA37

BrfFRV8.png

Late but I finally beat the league 2 days ago. Game just has been so much fun that I didn't find the need to beat it yet, wondertrading, battle chateau, raising random pokemon just kept me busy. Now only 2 questions remain.
1) Could somebody check my friendsafari for types and available pokemon? (FC 1263-6411-3961, IGN Calum)
2) Does anybody have a "God Ditto" they can part with? I'm getting this itch to do some serious pokemon breeding now, especially since I can check the IV's in Kiloude. I don't have anything really special to offer for it but I can always check my stash if you need anything specific, that and my eternal gratitude.

Aggrotek

Guess I'm just going to get a blanket and play pokemon while watching the super bowl. I hate not having friends in my state. >.<

one_kill

I was born to rule the world
And I almost achieved that goal
(Giovanni!)
But my Pokémon, the mighty Mewtwo,
Had more power than I could control
(Giovanni!)
Still he inspired this mechanical marvel,
Which learns and returns each attack
(Giovanni!)
My MechaMew2, the ultimate weapon,
Will tell them Giovanni is back!

We need Mew's mega evolution to be MechaMew2

If you're playing Doubles, anything with Quick Guard and then anything that can hit it with a Water/Elec/Rock move. Talonflame is pretty frail, and most SE moves will OHKO it. Otherwise, anything that can eat a Brave Bird or Flare Blitz and counter-punch will do.

So I'm trying to get a Togepi. Anyone willing to trade? Or is there anyone that has it in their friend safari? I want it below level 21 as I want it to learn Follow Me.

EDIT: Never mind. I actually found someone on the GTS who had one who wasn't asking for a ridiculous trade offer.

Growlie19

Carbink's great, but if you're going for obscure, try Eviolite Rhydon. Even with minimal defense EVs, its defense gets up to 210 with Eviolite. Combine that with a high HP stat, and it can take Brave Birds and Flare Blitzes all day. Then, with its 200 attack, OHKO Talonflame with a rock move of your choice. Give it Earthquake and some coverage moves like Hammer Arm, Megahorn, or Ice Fang (egg move) to round out the set. Consider breeding Curse onto it to further improve Rhydon's attack and defense. (Note that these stats are for level 50s)

I'm gonna test this out on Talonflame tomorrow, but this should be an amazing counter.

SeZMehK

Carbink's great, but if you're going for obscure, try Eviolite Rhydon. Even with minimal defense EVs, its defense gets up to 210 with Eviolite. Combine that with a high HP stat, and it can take Brave Birds and Flare Blitzes all day. Then, with its 200 attack, OHKO Talonflame with a rock move of your choice. Give it Earthquake and some coverage moves like Hammer Arm, Megahorn, or Ice Fang (egg move) to round out the set. Consider breeding Curse onto it to further improve Rhydon's attack and defense. (Note that these stats are for level 50s)

I'm gonna test this out on Talonflame tomorrow, but this should be an amazing counter.
This sounds good plus I prefer rhydon to rhyperior any day. I don't know what they were smoking when they designed rhyperior... :/

macklelol

I think I'm gonna stop breeding these damn Tangelas for now, and work on some Ocean Vivillons. Anyone want to help me move over a pair of Scatterbugs from my Y version to my X version later?

Oh, and they'll be in Luxury Balls if anyone wants one later.

Top Bottom