• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Usobuko

Banned
I hate Murkrow. Got my 6Ditto and a 4 proper IV parent and I can't get the stupid right spread and ability. The only breeding project to give me issues. I think I might get a shiny before I get the right spread, sheesh.

That was what happened with me and Vullaby. 2 Box no perfect spread. No shiny to the rescue too.

macklelol

I hate Murkrow. Got my 6Ditto and a 4 proper IV parent and I can't get the stupid right spread and ability. The only breeding project to give me issues. I think I might get a shiny before I get the right spread, sheesh.

I'm pretty sure I have some 5IV Murkrows in my boxes when I bred a shiny one, you want one of them? Adamant, with Prankster and Brave Bird.

MicH

I'm think I'm going to Mesuda Method a Pinsir. Hopefully I get it in the first batch like I did with my Aegislash.
First batch? Woah. Good luck on the Pinsir.

I wonder who is getting their shiny first. We are quite a lot who are trying to Masuda a shiny so far. I'm on day 6 with Nidorans so far and it has taken quite a bit longer than when I got my shiny Ralts so far.

fek

What the.. I was watching a video of a guy catching a shiny Kyogre and when I look to my 3DS screen I hatched a shiny Cottonee.. 31/31/31/x/31/31, not exactly what I wanted but I'll gladly keep it. First time masuda worked for me too, though I wasn't really trying.

Muku

Thanks for the ponyta Muku!

You're quite welcome. Thank you for the Murkrow! Didn't have this guy yet. Now tempted to breed a shiny Murkrow.. then remembered it's pink. :( It's sad when the original color of a Pokemon is better than its shiny.

Edit: Also, could someone link me to a good calculator? I want to find out the numbers on my shiny Charmander. He's Adamant but 31/X/31/31/31/31 and I need to find out if his crappy Attack isn't too crappy.

macklelol

Isn't that the third time? Bold Nature?

Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Giga Drain
Infestation

?

Yeah, this is #3. If it doesn't come out right this time, I'll probably just stop and move on. I usually run Tangrowth with:

Relaxed Nature
Assault Vest
252 HP/252 SpD
Knock Off
Giga Drain
Earthquake
Power Whip/Hidden Power/Something else

MicH

Guess what.... I just hatched a shiny male Shinx

31/31/25/31/31/31. Good enough for me... YESH!
The hell is this :( How many eggs did this even take? :p

I'm seeing blue Nidoran males everywhere now. My heart cannot take it! :p

Shiny Tangela #3!

Leaf Guard...

How do you guys get so many shinies all the time!? But man that sucks. That shiny Regenerator Tangela was not meant for you

Aggrotek

What were you going for again?

Noibat.

shiny_noibat_global_link_art_by_trainerparshen-d6wejza.png

Quest1

I'm pretty sure I have some 5IV Murkrows in my boxes when I bred a shiny one, you want one of them? Adamant, with Prankster and Brave Bird.

Thank you so much! Stupid bird haha.

That's a good 5iv nidoran female, wasn't sure if you already had machops. Lemme know if you need anything tho, and I got you

macklelol

Thank you so much! Stupid bird haha.

That's a good 5iv nidoran female, wasn't sure if you already had machops. Lemme know if you need anything tho, and I got you

Heh, no problem. Murkrow has given me a ton of headaches too, so I'm more than happy to help out people who want one.

Hey pokegaf. All this shiny success has me jealous. Have had 6 boxes of Scyther and still no shiny. I need a Scizor for my team, and his shiny form is fantastic. I think I'm doing it right, breeding Japanese ditto with an american scyther. Any tips?

SeZMehK

Hey pokegaf. All this shiny success has me jealous. Have had 6 boxes of Scyther and still no shiny. I need a Scizor for my team, and his shiny form is fantastic. I think I'm doing it right, breeding Japanese ditto with an american scyther. Any tips?

Keep at it. The RNG gods will smile upon you eventually. Hang in there. :D

macklelol

Just keep at it, it's pretty much all luck.

DaBoss

Give $1000 tips to every NPC who asks for tips.

I may or may not be serious.

I heard someone talking about this at a prerelease I was at this weekend, any truth to it?

I think it's a mind game. Like they only put it in there to get kids used to being generous when tipping so they're not jerks in real life, but then adults who play and hunt shiny Pokemon think it has some effect on the shiny encounter rate.

All I know is my gut says maybe. /futurama

My brother was breeding Scyther a while ago and randomly got a shiny one in like his second batch of eggs. He doesn't even like shiny Scizor. True story.

He makes me mad with his luck.

Quest1

I still haven't gotten a single shiny Nidoran! What the fuck

I masuda'd a shiny Nidoking and it's spattk IV is less than 10 :(

I hope that when it happens for you, it's a strong one! And that you'll let me clone it later haha

Edit: anyone wanna battle? Trying out some of the lesser used pkmn in my boxes

macklelol

I masuda'd a shiny Nidoking and it's spattk IV is less than 10 :(

I hope that when it happens for you, it's a strong one! And that you'll let me clone it later haha

Edit: anyone wanna battle? Trying out some of the lesser used pkmn in my boxes

I need a break from breeding. Singles or doubles?

Quest1

I need more practice with double battles, so how about doubles?

Can play some singles after that if you want.

Sure! Lemme set a team

Edit: oops, after this one, lemme back out and fix my party team, same item clause got me

Edit edit: whoa, awesome first game!

macklelol

Sure! Lemme set a team

Edit: oops, after this one, lemme back out and fix my party team, same item clause got me

Edit edit: whoa, awesome first game!

Eh, not much I can do in the second game, too much protection lol.

Gotta do some stuff real quick, I'll be back in like 15 minutes if you want to battle some more, Quest1.

Quest1

Eh, not much I can do in the second game, too much protection lol.

Gotta do some stuff real quick, I'll be back in like 15 minutes if you want to battle some more, Quest1.

Got me pretty solid in that last game. I thought I'd be smart and mix it up, but it backfired haha. My poor machamp got beat up.

Edit: sure, I'll be on. If you see me, just challenge.

macklelol

Oh boy, I messed this game up. No way I was gonna get back from that.

I'm gonna guess that Scizor is banded, cause god damn that hurt.

GGs, Scolipede was giving me a lot more trouble than I expected. Good stuff.

Top Bottom