• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

PK Gaming

Make sure you guys teach Knock Off to your physical Dark-types! (Bisharp, Crawdaunt, Zoroark, Scrafty, etc) before transferring them over!

Knock Off is one of the best moves in the game now

L.O.R.D

hmmmm
this is his IVs
24/14/31/5/31/31

j7iomnn.gif

HA is dragon

Alchemy

Took like 40 minutes to download and install Bank and Transporter... then I had to go to work. Today isn't going to be terribly productive.

Did a quick check on my Celebi. Quiet with 31, 31, X, X, 31, 31... I guess its not too bad, the perfect IV on speed sort of balances the hindering nature, I have to check the exact number on its special attack though.

Kirlia

Banned
Here's hoping/praying for US PokeBank tomorrow. It probably won't happen, because NoA is full of jerks, but still. HOPE.

...it's out right now.

EDIT: Modest Celebi! Yeah! And perfect IVs in HP, Defense and Speed, with no 0 IVs. Totally fine with that. AND I CAN NAME IT! Eeeee <3

Tiamant

I'm very close to finish my pokedex, I only need these!

KOFFING
HITMONLEE
OMASTAR
MEGANIUM
TOGETIC
PORYGON2
HITMONTOP
DONPHAN
BLISSEY
SLAKOTH
VIGOROTH
ARMALDO
SEALEO
LATIAS
JIRACHI
MONFERNO
EMPOLEON
KRICKETOT
RAMPARDOS
BASTIODON
AMBIPOM
LOPUNNY
PURUGLY
HAPPINY
TANGROWTH
ELECTIVIRE
MAGMORTAR
DUSKNOIR
PORYGONZ
MANAPHY
DARKRAI
SHAYMIN
ARCEUS
BLITZLE
TYMPOLE
LILIGANT
SAWSBUCK
EELECTRIK
RESHIRAM
KELDEO
MELOETTA
GENESECT

The problem comes with the legendaries such as Jirachi or Darkrai, offering Ho-Oh and Groudon hasn't worked so I'll be really grateful if any gaffer can give me a hand here :)

MicH

^ Event Pokemon are not needed to complete the Pokedex, ex Jirachi, Genesect etc

My god this shiny Nidoran is just not happening. I am so sick of hatching these and releasing them again - especially as I'm now out of Hatching O-Power :(

Delio

Docile Celebi mess. Well I'll grab my timid one from Black and toss it over. Also need to make a few pokemon on pokegen to transfer over.

Boogiepop

Unsurprisingly, the Shiny Celebi someone traded me waaaaay back didn't make it. More surprising is the random Shiny Riolu I got off someone. I don't remember where it came from, but I think it was more "trustworthy" than some of the other stuff I had looked, so I'm surprised to see it flagged. Oh well. Also surprising: every single one of those Japanese Thundurus I got from the GTS back in the day made it through. Yay for potential trade fodder, if necessary!

Boogiepop

Weird. It looks like if you have a dex entry filled only through a bank Pokemon, it has a Pokeball symbol instead of the Kalos symbol. Huh.

pariah164

Calm Celebi. Not sure how good that is.

HP 43
Atk 25
Def 27
Sp.A 28
Sp.D 29
Speed 27

Natural Cure ability

EDIT: Also, I can still access all my bank pokemon after I start a new game, right? Once I get the dex?

Sigmaah

Should I buy this black 2?

Comments: All 649 pokemon are preloaded into the game and will be level 100, shiny, and obey without badges. Your Character starts near the beginning at the first pokecenter. All Items Maxed, Max Money, All Different Forms of Unown, Deoxys, Rotom, Giratina and Shaymin are included. 8 Various Event Pokemon are ready to use. Unova Link is unlocked giving you the opportunity to Set: Difficulty (Easy, Normal, and Challenge Mode), Change City (White Forest or Black City), and Mystery Doors (Rock Peak, Iron, or Iceberg Chamber). *Cartridge Only*

On amazon and the dude has really great feedback, I'm tempted!

Kirlia

Banned
Wow, a lot of my legendary Pokemon, even ones received through trade, have gotten through. Not all, though. I think I'm going to need a Deoxys from someone. At least I have plenty of other legendaries to offer, haha.

Also, unnamed Pokemon whose names are in ALL-CAPS (a remnant of fourth gen) have them automatically lower-cased when transferred. As a grammar nerd, I say THANK. GOD.

MicH

Wow, a lot of my legendary Pokemon, even ones received through trade, have gotten through. Not all, though. I think I'm going to need a Deoxys from someone. At least I have plenty of other legendaries to offer, haha.

Also, unnamed Pokemon whose names are in ALL-CAPS (a remnant of fourth gen) have them automatically lower-cased when transferred. As a grammar nerd, I say THANK. GOD.
Oh my god, is this true? If so, Pokemon Bank is fucking redeemed. Oh GOD YES :D

Korosenai

Oooh, that reminds me that I should transfer over my deoxys.

Loco4Coco

Hopefully Nintendo of GameFreak send us a warning when our "grace period" is almost over. I don't wanna go back to the bank and see that all my pokes have been deleted.

Kirlia

Banned
Oooh, that reminds me that I should transfer over my deoxys.

Surprisingly, my shiny Deoxys actually transferred over, which I was not expecting at all. Maybe it was cloned from an actual shiny Deoxys. Who knows?

Also, if nicknamed Pokemon have their names in all-caps, the name will not return to lower-caps, as evidenced by XANDER the Deoxys.

It appears that the only Pokemon that did NOT transfer for me were an Arceus, a Darkrai and a Jirachi. I guess they were badly hacked in.

Sigmaah

Just a quick question before I make my black 2 purchase, I need black 2 in order to transfer over my mons from Soul Silver and Platinum to X and Y right? Pretty sure I've asked this before but gotta double check with y'all!

MicH

Just a quick question before I make my black 2 purchase, I need black 2 in order to transfer over my mons from Soul Silver and Platinum to X and Y right? Pretty sure I've asked this before but gotta double check with y'all!
Yup, you need one of the BW(2) games. Definitely get Black 2 or White 2 as you can mass-move Pokemon in those versions

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

You'll need Black/White or Black2/White2

one_kill

Some of you guys are talking about Scizor getting all these moves. Can you teach a Scizor moves like Knock Off and Superpower in B2W2, bring it over to XY, and breed them?

I'm stuck at work and it's killing me. I can wait to use PokeTransporter (I prepared B/W/B2/W2 but need to get HG/SS ready) but I needed Bank like last year.
Let go of the past my friend, transporter and bank are here

MicH

Some of you guys are talking about Scizor getting all these moves. Can you teach a Scizor moves like Knock Off and Superpower in B2W2, bring it over to XY, and breed them?

Let go of the past my friend, transporter and bank are here
No, tutor moves are not passed down to a child

Wait a sec, isn't there supposed to be a Pokemon Transporter app? Can't find it in the eshop.
You have to download it from inside the Bank app

Uh oh, there may be a problem with the hack check... Two Pokemon that I know for a fact were hacked made it through while a legit Gamestop Celebi didn't...

Top Bottom