• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

MicH

So, what is everyone else's Pokemon X/Y playtime? I'm sure there are a couple of people on here who are going to beat me by a couple hundred hours.
Close to 490. Jesus. This is almost as much as my Animal Crossing playtime.

Delio

I'm kind of in same boat with the event stuff for various reasons. I've run out of Mews, but I'll probably clone some later today or tomorrow. Have a few things on list to share with pokegaf. Sorry though about right now. :(

Edit: Still have...

x1 JP 6IV Ditto
x1 Darkrai

And you're welcome cmurph!

Can i get that Ditto for a friend of mine?

one_kill

I'm at 463. I'm pretty burnt out with breeding and fighting, but I'm still open to collecting.

I might try to get a shiny when I've done most of the work on my desk. Hatch eggs while watching a movie or something lol.

I can't wait for the next game though!

MicH

I have to admit, I still love breeding, strategizing (is this a word?) and battling. I am, however, burnt out and annoyed at this Nidoran I'm trying to Masuda breed. I've come too far to stop!

Alchemy

So, what is everyone else's Pokemon X/Y playtime? I'm sure there are a couple of people on here who are going to beat me by a couple hundred hours.

Slightly under 300 hours for me right now. Sure it will get worse now that Bank is out.

LegoArmo

Someone sent me a shiny Ursuring, cloned surely, but still cool. I feel bad, because I just send out something "cool" and then send back out everything I get in return until I get something "cool" back, so it was probably a Luvdisc for a shiny.

MicH

How much did you play Animal Crossing for?

Dang, that's crazy. Are you just breeding Pokemon?
Close to 550 hours. I haven't had a chance to play any other game than Animal Crossing and Pokemon X. It sucks, but man I can't let them go! That's 1000 hours spent on gaming since June. Fuckin' hell that's a lot (includes idle time though)

ugoo18

How much did you play Animal Crossing for?

Dang, that's crazy. Are you just breeding Pokemon?

Yeah, Shiny Breeding is an absolute time sink. I was lucky for the first 5 Pokemon in my party, i got the Ideal IVs for them within about 5000 eggs as well as a fair few shiny rejects.

The last one, Carbink or as i now refer to it the forbidden egg has taken over 1288+ just by itself with no luck yet. No rejects at all it simply will not hatch as a shiny. It's driven up my time but at least 40 hours.

I also did a lot of normal breeding before, i made about 3 full 6v6 competitive teams before i started shiny breeding and a bunch of other random side projects that i dropped after trying them out. All of them before i got that 6IV ditto that Sigmaah gave out.

PBalfredo

So now that the bank is out, I should be able to bank all of my pokemon, start a new game to take on a Nuzlocke or Wonder Trade challenge and then be able to bring all of my pokemon back into my new save, right? What are all the hidden details I should know about? I heard items, not even held ones transfer, right? So if I want to continue using Mega Charizard Y I would have to choose Charmander again as my Kanto starter, right? Any other things should I be aware of? Will the God Ditto I got from the fine folks here at pokeGAF transfer fine?

Muku

So now that the bank is out, I should be able to bank all of my pokemon, start a new game to take on a Nuzlocke or Wonder Trade challenge and then be able to bring all of my pokemon back into my new save, right? What are all the hidden details I should know about? I heard items, not even held ones transfer, right? So if I want to continue using Mega Charizard Y I would have to choose Charmander again as my Kanto starter, right? Any other things should I be aware of? Will the God Ditto I got from the fine folks here at pokeGAF transfer fine?

Yeah you can toss 'em in bank then get them back out when you've got your new save going. No items. Though you could get a cloned Y stone for Charizard from someone.

one_kill

Close to 550 hours. I haven't had a chance to play any other game than Animal Crossing and Pokemon X. It sucks, but man I can't let them go! That's 1000 hours spent on gaming since June. Fuckin' hell that's a lot (includes idle time though)
You're still playing AC? Insane.

I was about 250 hours when I stopped playing. All I was doing was the same routine over and over (water flowers, buy furniture, talk to neighbours, etc.). One day, I came home from work, looked at my 3DS which had AC, and shook my head. The last thing I needed was to spend an hour looking after my virtual garden.

With Pokemon, I started off with "I'll just finish the main game" to "I'll at least finish the Kalos dex" to "I'll try to get as much Pokemon as I can" to "I'll get every single Pokemon" to "I'll try breeding" to "I'll try fighting" to "I'll quit after I transfer Pokemon via bank." Now it's "I'll just turn it on to trade."

If you're going to start again, can I have some of your items? :x
If you want to keep them, I'm willing to hold on to them and give them back after you've reseted.

MicH

You're still playing AC? Insane.

I was about 250 hours when I stopped playing. All I was doing was the same routine over and over (water flowers, buy furniture, talk to neighbours, etc.). One day, I came home from work, looked at my 3DS which had AC, and shook my head. The last thing I needed was to spend an hour looking after my virtual garden.

With Pokemon, I started off with "I'll just finish the main game" to "I'll at least finish the Kalos dex" to "I'll try to get as much Pokemon as I can" to "I'll get every single Pokemon" to "I'll try breeding" to "I'll try fighting" to "I'll quit after I transfer Pokemon via bank." Now it's "I'll just turn it on to trade."
I played up until January, then I slowly wanted to get back to Pokemon (stopped playing in late November) and I haven't touched the game since. I think I'm done with the game now. I did play for more than six months after all. Pokemon and Animal Crossing are my two favorite video game series'

one_kill

Nah, already got all the legendaries and these are clones so just give me anything. Your IGN is James, right?
Sweet! Thanks dude!
Yeah it's James. I'll hop on now.

Edit: Thanks again dude!!!

I played up until January, then I slowly wanted to get back to Pokemon (stopped playing in late November) and I haven't touched the game since. I think I'm done with the game now. I did play for more than six months after all. Pokemon and Animal Crossing are my two favorite video game series'
Nice dude! You're free of the addiction that is AC!

PBalfredo

If you're going to start again, can I have some of your items? :x
If you want to keep them, I'm willing to hold on to them and give them back after you've reseted.

Actually that would be a huge help. Thanks. Thinking about it, it would pretty much be the only way I could keep my Blazikenite or the Discount Coupon I redeemed but haven't used yet. Also the possibility of starting a new game with the ability to mega evolve Kangaskhan is pretty hilarious. Are there any specific items you're looking for? If you're down I'll PM you when I'm ready.

one_kill

Yeah, but it got replaced with Pokemon :(
Unlike in AC, we can at least bring our "hard work" over to future games :D

Actually that would be a huge help. Thanks. Thinking about it, it would pretty much be the only way I could keep my Blazikenite or the Discount Coupon I redeemed but haven't used yet. Also the possibility of starting a new game with the ability to mega evolve Kangaskhan is pretty hilarious. Are there any specific items you're looking for? If you're down I'll PM you when I'm ready.
Yeah, that's cool. I don't want anything in particular. I just thought it would be a waste if some items were deleted when they could've been put to good use by others. But if you don't care about the following items (Eviolite, some Battle Maison items, evolution items, and Y mega stones), I'll take them off your hands :p

So yeah, send me a PM so we can arrange something. How many items are you planning to have me hold? Don't be hesitant about the amount. I can trade while I work (it actually helps me focus on work).

ezodagrom

Around 9~10 hours, I just started playing X.

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to the online stuff (which I'll start looking into once I complete the single player), until recently the last Pokemon game I had was Pokemon Silver for the GBC, a few months ago bought a 3DS and Pokemon Soul Silver, White, White 2, and now X. ^^

MicH

I can't decide on the set on my banded Scizor. I'm set on Superpower.. but Pursuit or Knock Off? U-Turn, X-Scissor or Bug Bite? Iron Head or Bullet Punch?

Pursuit gets Technician boost and, if you're good at predicting when an opponent switches out, you can do a lot of damage. Knock Off has higher BP and knocks off the opponents item.

Bug Bite is the weakest bug-move, but let's you eat an opponent's berry and use it for yourself. X-Scissor has a high BP and U-Turn gives yu switch initiative.

Iron Head has a very nice BP and may flinch the opponent, but Bullet Punch is priority.

Why is this so hard :(

one_kill

I can't decide on the set on my banded Scizor. I'm set on Superpower.. but Pursuit or Knock Off? U-Turn, X-Scissor or Bug Bite? Iron Head or Bullet Punch?

Pursuit gets Technician boost and, if you're good at predicting when an opponent switches out, you can do a lot of damage. Knock Off has higher BP and knocks off the opponents item.

Bug Bite is the weakest bug-move, but let's you eat an opponent's berry and use it for yourself. X-Scissor has a high BP and U-Turn gives yu switch initiative.

Iron Head has a very nice BP and may flinch the opponent, but Bullet Punch is priority.

Knock Off is better imo. It damages well and it can throw opponents off their game.

Bullet Punch is nice because of priority.

Not sure about X-Scissor and U-Turn, though I like U-Turn better.

That would be awesome! You want the keldeo or jirachi?

I can get another if you want. lol
Oh man, that would be great! I'll see what I can do about the Aggronite.

macklelol

I'd go with Knock Off, U-turn, and Bullet Punch.

Knock Off is just really great. U-turn is just a really good attack as well, letting you scout or switch out while keeping some momentum. Bullet Punch cause priority is too good to pass up, and it helps bypass Scizor's poor speed.

MicH

Knock Off is better imo. It damages well and it can throw opponents off their game.

I'd go with Knock Off, U-turn, and Bullet Punch.

Knock Off is just really great. U-turn is just a really good attack as well, letting you scout or switch out while keeping some momentum. Bullet Punch cause priority is too good to pass up, and it helps bypass Scizor's poor speed.

Thanks for the input guys, literally just before I saw your posts, I decided to go with Knock Off, U-Turn and Bullet Punch as well :D Happy to see that you think I made the right decision.

Now to testdrive this beast on Battle Spot

Alright well I have another so I'll hold on to it for you then.

JoeM86

BfxmMwECcAAMMGN.png:large

Mewtwo's birthday today. Think I may make mine competitively viable today. Thinking of going Mewtwonite Y just to be evil. Get a couple of Calm Minds on that, and it's brutal.

My Mew, Shiny Dogs and red Gyarados are stuck in SoulSilver until I can beat a Gen V game :(

But assuming I stop playing X/Y for a while and go bat-crap crazy on B/W/B2/W2, I have lots of legendaries to look forward to. The only ones I will have never had will be Jirachi, Manaphy and Shaymin. I think.

Muku

My Mew, Shiny Dogs and red Gyarados are stuck in SoulSilver until I can beat a Gen V game :(

But assuming I stop playing X/Y for a while and go bat-crap crazy on B/W/B2/W2, I have lots of legendaries to look forward to. The only ones I will have never had will be Jirachi, Manaphy and Shaymin. I think.

Sadly, they'll probably suck. I had two legendaries out of my huge batch that I caught in old games that are just horrific. One was Entei and think other one was Latios. They each had 4 stats at 0IV.

Top Bottom