• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Anyone have any extra heracronite, houndoominite, or mewtwonite Y they'd be willing to trade for any previous gen legendary? I have shiny versions of a couple like darkrai, kyogre, and shaymin.

pariah164

So, since it's been a while since I tried it, I'm going to see how many Pokemon I can name of each Gen. Figure I may as well celebrate Bank's release
For people who want to follow along:
Gen I
Gen II
Gen III
Gen IV
Gen V
Gen VI
I got:
Gen I: 144/151
Gen II: 88/100
Gen III:118/135
Gen IV: 80/107
Gen V: 107/156
Gen VI: 45/69 (This is especially embarrassing, but the names just wouldn't come to me.)

Gen I: 100/151

I am ashamed...

*tries the others*

Tantalus

Neo Member
Do any of you guys have a Phantump friend safari that I could add? My IGN is Neil and my FC is 5429 7925 3214. I really want to try out that Rest/Harvest/Lum combo on a Trevenant

Alchemy

Who are your team members or who are you thinking about using?

Zard Y - Venusaur - Meowstic - Ferrothorn - Rotom H - Tyranitar is what I'm currently running on Showdown. I'm trying to beef up the VGC team I'm using in game, optimize their EV spreads and cover weaknesses a little better. Don't want to give away the spreads and sets yet, but it is so far fairly effective.

The biggest problem I'm running into is solid counters for Garchomp and Salamence. I'm able to play around them, but if I go out with the wrong leads there isn't much I can do. I want to keep Rotom H to shut down Mega Mawiles when I'm not running the sun portion of the team, so right now I'm just poking at the Ferrothorn and Tyranitar slots.

Really I just can't make up my mind and I keep testing random interesting things. My favorite so far is Clawitzer but his effectiveness is questionable. Just fun as hell.

Son Of D

Holy shit. Just got a Shiny Lugia from GTS.

On the down side though, I was planning on trading legendaries I get for other legendaries to fill out my dex.

one_kill

Holy shit. Just got a Shiny Lugia from GTS.

On the down side though, I was planning on trading legendaries I get for other legendaries to fill out my dex.
The method I use still works.

Breed Elgyem, Elekid, or Baltoy (or any other non native Kalos pokemon)
Swap for Rhyperior
Swap for Milotic
Swap for a legendary bird
Swap for a member of the swords of justice (Terrakion, Virizion, or Cobalion)
Swap for something else

Zard Y - Venusaur - Meowstic - Ferrothorn - Rotom H - Tyranitar is what I'm currently running on Showdown. I'm trying to beef up the VGC team I'm using in game, optimize their EV spreads and cover weaknesses a little better. Don't want to give away the spreads and sets yet, but it is so far fairly effective.

The biggest problem I'm running into is solid counters for Garchomp and Salamence. I'm able to play around them, but if I go out with the wrong leads there isn't much I can do. I want to keep Rotom H to shut down Mega Mawiles when I'm not running the sun portion of the team, so right now I'm just poking at the Ferrothorn and Tyranitar slots.

Really I just can't make up my mind and I keep testing random interesting things. My favorite so far is Clawitzer but his effectiveness is questionable. Just fun as hell.
You might benefit from having a tank that knows Ice Beam. Eviolite Porygon2's pretty good, but of course it can easily be dismantled by Knock Off.

Banded Azumarill's pretty good too. If you pair it with a Pokemon that can protect it, it can easily survive long enough to do amazing damage to your opponents.

I'm not sure why you'd opt to use Venusaur btw. Mega Venusaur is top tier, but normal Venusaur doesn't fair as well. Synergy with Drought is nice, but I think you're better off using the slot for another Pokemon.

KiraFA37

Traded a 5IV HA (Prankster) Sableye with recover for a Palkia on GTS, next up is Giratina. I've gotten loads of Sableye breeding rejects, probably wont net me a Kyogre though. I set a side some of the better of those rejects (missing 31 speed) for here, will give them away later.

Boogiepop

Okay. I now have the up-grade on my Porygon, having finally Game-sync'd. Can someone help me evolve it so I can finally complete my Pokedex?

Alchemy

You might benefit from having a tank that knows Ice Beam. Eviolite Porygon2's pretty good, but of course it can easily be dismantled by Knock Off.

Banded Azumarill's pretty good too. If you pair it with a Pokemon that can protect it, it can easily survive long enough to do amazing damage to your opponents.

I'm not sure why you'd opt to use Venusaur btw. Mega Venusaur is top tier, but normal Venusaur doesn't fair as well. Synergy with Drought is nice, but I think you're better off using the slot for another Pokemon.

Pory 2 would be great (Trace Intimidate is the best) but he isn't VGC legal. Only stuff from the Kalos dex is currently. Azumarril gets worn down to quickly in doubles, he can't really switch in effectively especially if banded.

Venusaur can be fantastic or a liability, still playing with it right now. Many times Venusaur ends up being my last mon standing, and if I can get a Growth in under the sun is a major issue to get rid of.

I think I'm going to try to be cheeky and test out Competitive Wigglytuff for a bit.

one_kill

Pory 2 would be great (Trace Intimidate is the best) but he isn't VGC legal. Only stuff from the Kalos dex is currently. Azumarril gets worn down to quickly in doubles, he can't really switch in effectively especially if banded.

Venusaur can be fantastic or a liability, still playing with it right now. Many times Venusaur ends up being my last mon standing, and if I can get a Growth in under the sun is a major issue to get rid of.

I think I'm going to try to be cheeky and test out Competitive Wigglytuff for a bit.
My bad, I ignored the VGC part. :x

I wanted to discuss some more but I have to go to work now. But have you thought of using Greninja or Goodra?

Alchemy

My bad, I ignored the VGC part. :x

I wanted to discuss some more but I have to go to work now. But have you thought of using Greninja or Goodra?

I'm actually already using Greninja in game. I keep flip flopping on him due to his bulk being a liability. He works fantastic as a dragon check if he is already on the field, but can't switch into anything at all. Might need to check out Goodra and see how well it takes Dragon Claws and Draco Meteors.

one_kill

I'm actually already using Greninja in game. I keep flip flopping on him due to his bulk being a liability. He works fantastic as a dragon check if he is already on the field, but can't switch into anything at all. Might need to check out Goodra and see how well it takes Dragon Claws and Draco Meteors.
Use assault vest on Goodra

It'll get owned by Dragon Claw though lol

Dandalf

Neo Member
I plan on downloading and using Bank when I get home (woot for release!).

Can anyone give me a rough estimate how long it'll take to transfer one box at a time? I have a living dex on my Black 2, and am wondering how long it's going to take to transfer all 24 boxes...

BANK DAY!

ugoo18

Is there any guide to explain the Pokemon memories the memory girl tells you?

My Blaziken remembers being stared at intensely by the judge when it met him with me and it got teary eyed.

The judge made my Pokemon cry?

My Scizor also got teary eyed but that was after remembering it went to a restaurant with me and stuffed itself.

MicH

Weavile is in such a shitty situation. Knock Off and Low Kick are only available through tutors in BW2. Icicle Crash is only an egg move in XY

Why

Alchemy

Can anyone give me a rough estimate how long it'll take to transfer one box at a time? I have a living dex on my Black 2, and am wondering how long it's going to take to transfer all 24 boxes...

BANK DAY!

10 minutes per box? Depends on how consistently you can connect to the Nintendo Network, last night I was constantly getting disconnected half way through the process and being forced to wait as Box tries to prevent spamming their servers by constantly trying to reconnect.

macklelol

BANK DAY!

It took me about an hour or so to transfer over 10 boxes from my White 2. I had no issues with connecting to the server, though.

Korosenai

Weavile is in such a shitty situation. Knock Off and Low Kick are only available through tutors in BW2. Icicle Crash is only an egg move in XY

Why

That's why I don't want to breed a Weavile. Knock Off and Low Kick are pretty beneficial for it now, but fuck going back to gen 5 to try to get a good one.

MicH

Just fought a guy who spammed Minimize and Baton Passed to his Roserade that proceeded to put all my Pokemon to sleep. What the fuck

EDIT Magnet Pull-trapping in Ferrothorns with my HP Fire Magnezone is amazing

EDIT2 Woah, I am waling this guy! I bait in his Chandelure with my Cofagrigus then switch into my Trace Porygon2 and Trace his Flash Fire. He can't do anything to me. Oh god yes

fek

56.3% to OHKO with Dragon Claw, ouch. Draco Meteor from a Timid Mence is 100% chance to OHKO standard Assault Vest Goodra as well.
I was surprised about this Draco Meteor OHKOing Goodra and ran some calcs, got 2HKO at best, using Choice Specs. What sets did you try?

Boogiepop

Okay. I now have the up-grade on my Porygon, having finally Game-sync'd. Can someone help me evolve it so I can finally complete my Pokedex?

Come on guys. I just need a quick trade+trade back. I have the Porygon ready. It's all I need to finish up the dex! :'(

Boogiepop

What's your FC?

Also, I'm breeding some Ocean Vivillons in Luxury Balls right now, if anyone would like one.

I've actually already got you in my list. But in case I'm no longer in yours: 2320-6133-7530. IGN Ruiko.

Thank you so much. It's been maddening sitting on the brink of completion all day, haha!

Edit: Yay! Shiny Charm! Thanks again!

MicH

I've never hatched a shiny Pokemon. Ever. I have to try to change that now that Tyrantrum is a thing. Thank Arceus for Bank and room in my PC boxes again.
I got a shiny Tyrantrum and it's one of the best shinies. So damn awesome looking. He is one of my favorite new Pokemon and I have bred three of him so far :p Elemental fangs + Strong Jaw = awesomeness :D

Top Bottom