• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow Eshop Release |OT| This Gym is Great! It’s Full of Women!

Three things I learned today.

1. Pokemon bank compatibility
  2. Yellow has the minigame
  3. It's in color

Dayum-Five-Guys-Reaction.gif

woopWOOP

I remember playing HG/SS and seeing the line changed to 'It's full of Great Trainers!' :(
Those localization censors can't keep getting away with this!!

Anyway, don't think I can stop myself from throwing down 10 bucks for this. Gotta re-catch my old crew of monsters so my stuffed boxes of ported Pokemon teams feels complete again

poodaddy

These were the only Pokemon games I ever gave a shit about, wouldn't mind giving them another look. I wonder if they've aged well.....

Wait, there are physical copies in Japan?

Are 3DS' region locked? I'm going there the end of April...
It's just a box with a download code. And yes, 3DSes are region-locked. There are ways around that if you haven't updated your 3DS recently but I don't believe any of them would help with a download code.

Getting Red just like I had back in the day, was already looking forward to replaying it after so long but the Pokemon Bank compatability has driven my hype skyward. So excited to be able to bring all my new buddies forward into 3D games.

Firemind

Gonna do a Nuzlocke run. Who's with me?

Rules:
1. Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released or put in Bill's computer permanently.
2. You may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.
3. No save scumming.

Rules:
1. Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released or put in Bill's computer permanently.
2. You may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.
3. No save scumming.

I will, when I get Blue.

Does anyone know if Twitch Plays Pokemon is doing anything this time?

Real Hero

Rules:
3. No save scumming.

I'll do it I have never done this before because I hate erasing saves.

PRAISE HELIX!

I remember the good old days of playing this and watching the anime after school. Will likely pick up Red again. May even get Yellow.

Would I be able to download from the Bank to Sun at the beginning or would it be like PalPark in gen 4 where you need to finish the game first?

Also are these VCs only playable at 1X speed or can they be played at 2X or 3X? The snails pace of Gen 1 and 2 is when I've always preferred the remakes since they each came out.

entremet

Would I be able to download from the Bank to Sun at the beginning or would it be like PalPark in gen 4 where you need to finish the game first?

Also are these VCs only playable at 1X speed or can they be played at 2X or 3X? The snails pace of Gen 1 and 2 is when I've always preferred the remakes since they each came out.
First question is unknown right now.

I don't believe there is a speed option.

I like my Pokemon games to have 151. It's the reason why I abandoned this franchise. Now I'm thinking of getting Blue since that was my first and only mainline Pokemon game I ever played but give me some reasons why I should choose Red or Yellow instead.

I like my Pokemon games to have 151. It's the reason why I abandoned this franchise. Now I'm thinking of getting Blue since that was my first and only mainline Pokemon game I ever played but give me some reasons why I should choose Red or Yellow instead.

genwunners make me giggle lol

genwunners make me giggle lol
Gen 2 was the last good Pokémon gen.

I kid, I haven't played any after except for the remakes since I outgrew handheld gaming about a year into the GBA when I didn't have to go with my parents everywhere and could stay home. Now I have the expendable income to get back into it.

Gen 2 was the last good Pokémon gen.

I kid, I haven't played any after except for the remakes since I outgrew handheld gaming about a year into the GBA when I didn't have to go with my parents everywhere and could stay home. Now I have the expendable income to get back into it.
Play Black 2 or White 2. Best up there with Platinum.

Rules:
3. No save scumming.
I'm getting all three so I might do a nuzlocke for one of them. Yellow I kind of want to do an Ash tribute team (Pikachu/Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle/Pidgeotto/Butterfree, no evolving except for Butterfree, you can catch Pidgeotto in Viridian Forest).

It would be cool if they did a localized Green that had the Pokemon encounters from the Japanese Blue version. They changed some things like being able to find Lickitung in the wild, but Tauros and Kangaskhan only being in-game trades.

Top Bottom