• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
barbaracle_by_krocf4-d6p4s09.png

Anyone spent any time with Barbaracle? Does he learn any moves to make up for his awful typing?

Shell Smash.

Wurdfurd

I too need some more friends for safari. FC: 3969-5081-4508

I also have a newly hatched Charmander that I want to trade for Squirtle or Bulbasaur.

barbaracle_by_krocf4-d6p4s09.png

Anyone spent any time with Barbaracle? Does he learn any moves to make up for his awful typing?

He's my MVP. My moveset for him is Stone Edge, Razor Shell, Shell Smash, and Night Slash. Combined with his Sniper ability (triples damage done by critical hits) and maxed-out affection (increases crit chance by 20%) with some Attack and Speed EVs thrown into the mix, and nothing can stop him as he cuts a swathe of destruction through all that stand in his way.

Drago

Hey guys, should be getting X tomorrow from Gamefly so I can get the X exclusive mega stones, because I imagine it would be incredibly tough to get people to trade me X stones while letting me keep my Y ones...

Was thinking I'll use the three Fire starters and blaze (har) through the game as fast as possible. Do you think I'd be able to survive on just them or should I get some back up just in case? Don't want to use more than 4, so who is the best Pokemon to make up for a fire triads shortcomings?

Rnr1224

Whenever i try to log onto the Pokemon global link, i get the following error message,

"Your member information is currently being processed. Please come back later. "

is this a common message? it has lasted all day and they also said that i should contact customer support if it lasts for more than a few hours

Tonezorz

Hopefully you all won't mind a couple quick super noob questions:

What guides / sites should I be using to determine Which EV's it "makes sense" to train on a certain pokemon, and which moves are attack vs Sp. attack?

Also, does anything outline which pokemon within an egg group "like" each other more? or is it trial and error once you're within group?

Thanks in advance :)

Quoting for new page.

Also if anyone would like Fennekins outside or inside the egg I have several and making more as I experiment with all this.

Breeding with the hopes of shinies is really fun. I hooked up my female Amaura with a Japanese Wartortle hoping for some of dat Masuda magic.

Does anyone know whether getting a foreign ditto would keep the effect?

SeZMehK

Whenever i try to log onto the Pokemon global link, i get the following error message,

"Your member information is currently being processed. Please come back later. "

is this a common message? it has lasted all day and they also said that i should contact customer support if it lasts for more than a few hours

I used to get that message until I saw what pokemon.com told me to do:

Why am I still seeing the Processing Membership Information screen?

The Pokemon Global Link development team believes that some users may be experiencing an issue with the API call from Pokemon.com to Pokemon-gl.com.

The PGL Development team has asked that we recommend that you try the following:

Click "Edit Profile"
Update your PGL preferences to "Nobody" (or, if you're already set to "Nobody", another selection)
Click "Save"
Once the page has completed saving, please try to access the Pokemon Global Link website again to see if this resolves the problem.

Note, as this will resend your registration information, there could still be a short wait time.
If this resolves your issue, please update any open questions you have at support.pokemon.com by logging in, and clicking the "My Support History" tab.

If your issue is not resolved, please create, or update a question by logging in to support.pokemon.com and clicking 'ask a question' or by clicking "My Support History".
We apologize for any inconvenience this error has caused, and appreciate your patience as we sort out these issues.

Again, we thank you for your patience.

He's my MVP. My moveset for him is Stone Edge, Razor Shell, Shell Smash, and Night Slash. Combined with his Sniper ability (triples damage done by critical hits) and maxed-out affection (increases crit chance by 20%) with some Attack and Speed EVs thrown into the mix, and nothing can stop him as he cuts a swathe of destruction through all that stand in his way.

Thanks for the insight. I think I've found my Blastoise replacement. What nature you running?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, I have a male Sylveon at the head of my party and everything I was running into was female, I switch my lead to Crobat and I finally ran into a male Honedge.

Thanks for the insight. I think I've found my Blastoise replacement.

Good choice, mate. Now the hardest part is deciding on an ability: Tough Claws (increases damage done by moves that make contact) makes him an all-around better attacker, but Sniper will ensure that Stone Edge kills whenever it crits, which is often due to its inherently high critical chance.

Drago

I have X and went with bulbasaur, is there any way to get the other mega stones?
I know for a fact you can get one (I think the one who's strong against your starter, so Charizite X) at the stone emporium in Lumiose (extremely pricey but it gets lower). I think you can get the other stone there too, but I'm not 100% on that.

Mr. Fix

So I was Super Training Tyrunt and got 36+ EVs, but that only translated to +2 to attack, and I tried it again, this time leveling up and the number still only went up by 2. What's up with that?

Good choice, mate. Now the hardest part is deciding on an ability: Tough Claws (increases damage done by moves that make contact) makes him an all-around better attacker, but Sniper will ensure that Stone Edge kills whenever it crits, which is often due to its inherently high critical chance.

I'm going to aim for Sniper for a more high-risk-high-reward approach, but if I get Tough Claws with good IVs I might settle with that. He looks pretty slow.

So I was Super Training Tyrunt and got 36+ EVs, but that only translated to +2 to attack, and I tried it again, this time leveling up and the number still only went up by 2. What's up with that?

EVs don't necessarily equate directly into raw stats ingame.

Also, the effects of EV training might not be apparent straight away. It will affect levels 1 through to maximum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom