• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
W3xRh9Z.jpg

Anyone want?

What is that?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So can anyone tell me how to maximize money grinding at the Battle Chateau? I've heard people getting above 10k per battle, but even with the Amulet Coin and Writs of Challenge, I'm only getting around 6000-7000 per battle.

gold writ of challenge + amulet coin + level 3 o-power for earnings

i get around 17k per battle for tyhe young people
36k for the old grey haired guys and ladies
and I got 66k from one battle once from an old grey haired guy with 2 pokemons

Anura

W3xRh9Z.jpg

Anyone want?

Sure lol I will take one. Do you want an Aron or Larvesta in return? I have some spares of them. Also I should have extra if anyone else wants some

FC 0946 2273 7957 (also going to ask this again but does anyone know if you can change you're main mii? I have been the guy from the MH3 commercials for long enough...)

Moonlight

Banned
Say, anyone mind giving me a quick primer on breeding? A lot of people are doing it in this thread, and while I've crossed the daycare plenty of times with Battle Chateau grinding, but not much clue on the nuances of the system, like passing down natures or the like.

I know that feeling. 65+ hours here with one badge.
Holy shit.

EDIT:

gold writ of challenge + amulet coin + level 3 o-power for earnings

i get around 17k per battle for tyhe young people
36k for the old grey haired guys and ladies
and I got 66k from one battle once from an old grey haired guy with 2 pokemons
Gonna have to level my O-Powers, then. Thanks for this, though!

SlickVic

HahahahahahahahahahahahaNO.

Generation V is the undisputed king of music.

Yeah Gen V soundtrack was da bomb. I love that Team Plasma battle music, always got me pumped up. And the music change when your Pokemon's HP went into the red. I like what I've heard of Gen VI music so far as well, but I'm too early in the game to comment.

GAMERG0D

About mega stones
I just spent the last 20 minutes rushing around Kalos and only got 6 mega stones. I only need 4 more... I felt like a speedrunner zipping around that fast around the map lol

Heliolisk is ok, kind of wish there was a third evo though.

The entire line is amazing. Helioptile is just the cutest thing ever, and Heliolisk is beautifully slick and probably one of the most brilliant concepts of the generation.

Heliolisk is also an absolutely monstrous sweeper, which definitely adds to its appeal for me ;P

Kyle

I judge best design on what pokemon makes me smile every time I see them.

Espurr man, too funny, can't help but giggle every time I see those eyes.

Tunavi

Banned
So the gleaming cave section is freaking beautiful. It's a crime the 3d the rest of the game's 3d is terrible

But gameplay comes first, then 3d. So I'm glad they mastered at least that first.

NEO0MJ

I originally said I wanted to keep Charmander on my team but I just got a Tyrunt and it looks so awesome...Sorry Char :(

Only thing bothering me now is the physical to spacial ratio of my team. Might have to kick out Absol later on if I find something cooler.

I was looking for a Pokemon that filled the hole I had in my team, I had an Electric problem and a Dark problem. Ferrothorn fixed all of it. What a beast of a Pokemon. You want something to take anything except Fire to the face and laugh? This is your Pokemon. He's like 15 levels behind because I just fit him in but he's already taking hits like a champ. And I have 4 Pokemon in my lineup that resist Fire so it's all good.

I asked in the questions thread but no one gave me an answer. When looking at natures should I be catching them to boot up the stats that are already high for that Pokemon or trying to find natures that boost the lower stats to have a more even well rounded one?

NEO0MJ

I asked in the questions thread but no one gave me an answer. When looking at natures should I be catching them to boot up the stats that are already high for that Pokemon or trying to find natures that boost the lower stats to have a more even well rounded one?

It really depends on the function of the pokemon. Usually you sacrifice whatever attacking stat the pokemon doesn't need to boost what it's good at, for offensive pokemon like Alakazam that means sacrificing Attack stat for more SP.attack or speed. Or for a defensive Pokemon like Steelix you can sacrifice SP.attack for SP.Defense.

Willmo8

Neo Member
It's been ages since I last posted, but after seeing all of this talk about the friend safari, I'd like in too. I have Pokemon Y and my friend code is 2578-3126-4463. Send a pm if you add me. Thanks.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Damn, does Yveltal have an easy capture rate or something? All I did was use Ice Beam once with Aurorus (went to low yellow) and it only took one ultra ball :/

?oe?oe

Damn, does Yveltal have an easy capture rate or something? All I did was use Ice Beam once with Aurorus (went to low yellow) and it only took one ultra ball :/
I couldn't catch a Mr.Mime for the life of me, but three legendaries. One Ultra Ball each. All Good.

Kyle

Quick question... Isn't there a way to change pokemon abilities now? I swear some NPC mentioned early in the game.

Could be really helpful right now if there is a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom