• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only just started, but I feel like this game is going to reinvigorate my love for Pokemon. Last versions I played more than an hour of were Diamond/Pearl.

Got home from midnight release and NYCC. A handful of hours sleep then it's back to the con for Saturday, but at least now I have the game to keep my friends and I busy in line.

There were easily 300 people in line there today. And it took maybe 2-3 minutes for me to get from the back of the line to the front desk. Thank you based Gamestop.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So.... going to try to soft reset a few times to get a shiny starter. Hopefully this intro isn't too long

DMG-01

So.... going to try to soft reset a few times to get a shiny starter. Hopefully this intro isn't too long

Try saving right before you choose. That's probably when the stats are generated.

So wait for natures, red goes up and blue goes down? Wasn't it the opposite in other games?

I don't think so. I've always disliked it for that, too. Red is a negative color. :/

Butane123

I was tempted to just download it instead of getting it in the morning, but since it looks like some downloads are taking quite a while, I'll just wait to pick it up at a store in the morning.

My download has been going since the eshop updated and it's not even halfway (Download now).
On the bright side this gives me ample time to write poems and what not.

Bullza2o

Wow this is the longest I've spent in my bedroom without going downstairs! 15 minutes just looking at the bottom screen, especially PSS!

DMG-01

This is coursing through veins at the moment:

I got 2 B the one, the only one who can
Withstand the test n' B the best n'
I got 2 strive, keep up the drive
B a Master
It takes a certain kind of skill
And I won't stop until
150 Pokmon are mine
I must define the art of capture (of all Pokmon)

(Chorus)
2 B a Master...Pokmon Master
I will B writin' a brand new chapter
PokBall Go...Go...(all the children sing)
Na na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na na
It's all about the evolution of the Pokmon
Na na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na na
PokBall Go...Go...Pokmon!

Got my badges and my PokBall
Got my buddy Pikachu 2 help me try
2 catch 'em all
Gotta catch 'em all

Yo, it's all about the evolution of the Pokmon
The training, attaining, n' bein
Part of the phenomenon
B a Pok Master icon...Ha!
Team Rocket will B long gone
But first U gotta know about the different types
Grass, Fire, Ground, Flame, Electric,
Water, Rock, Flying, Ice, Normal, Bug,
Ghost, Fighting & Dragon...
Don't forget about Psychic!

I will be writin' a brand new chapter
And I will be strivin' to be the greatest Master!
PokBall Go...Go...(all the children sing)
Na na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na na
Like I said before, it's all about the evolution of the Pokmon
Na na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na na
Greatest Master of Pokmon!

Mmmm...Somewhat impressive
Now you've reached the plateau
But not yet a hero
R U ready 2 meet and defeat...The Elite?
Can I expect survival against your Rival?
And remember...Gotta catch 'em all!
Show me what you've got!
PokBall Go...Go...PokBall Go!

I will be writin' a brand new chapter
And I will be strivin' to be the greatest Master!
(sing it, children)
Pokmon Master
Pokmon Master
The greatest Master
Pokmon Master
I will be writing the greatest chapter (sing it)
Na na na na na na na na...

Greatest Master of Pokmon!

J. Bravo

There were actually like 30 or so people in line ahead of me at Walmart and I heard they were only doing 20 of each game, so I was slightly nervous about getting Y. Got it though, and bought to play the shit out of it. Great Friday night hahaha.

I've never played a Pokemon game before, but I do like my RPG's. Can I expect this game to play like one, or will a lot of it go over my head if this is my first go at playing one? Thanks.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It just finished downloading. And I already arranged with a fellow GAFfer to trade all the new starters, so each of us have them all (the new 3, not the original ones).

This is it. This will be my first Pokemon game in years. Never finished the Gen 3 ones, and only played 15 minutes of Gen 4 and zero of Gen 5. This is gonna be good.

DMG-01

I've never played a Pokemon game before, but I do like my RPG's. Can I expect this game to play like one, or will a lot of it go over my head if this is my first go at playing one? Thanks.

There are a lot of Pokémon, sure, but the games are made for kids, so you should be fine. Plus, if you ever get lost, someone here in PokéGAF will be likely to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom