• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggie

0001-4154-7751

I have Pokemon X version.

I want to add people with Y (X too don't be shy ;) ). Im headed for the 3rd badge now.

0001-4154-7751

Cheska

I was totally Team Fennekin until I realized I could get (first gen Poke)
Charmander
. Soooo I chose Chespin. I know it's dumb but I'm considering not evolving him.

Forkball

I have no idea how super training works. Can you only get base stat increases for one stat at a time or what? THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO MAKE EVS EASIER.

It's almost finished!!!!!!!

jonah-hill-excited_zpsd542a66e.gif

LOOOOOOLLLLLL

Keyouta

Does your guys' game disconnect from the internet whenever you hit the home button and back? I keep on having to turn in back on when I enter back into the game from home.

jrDev

Guys I forgot to preorder... :-/
Am I going to be able to get a copy before Monday?

Looking back, I just remembered I skipped Black and White and their sequels. First time I skipped generations...damn...

Hey guys is there a way to only allow Wonder-Trade to communicate with English Pokemon Names and Trainers? I do not understand Korean/Japanese etc.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
This is the first Pokemon game since Blue to attract me so damn heavily. I flirted with Silver up to the 4th badge, but all the others never kept me going. My partner on the other hand loved everything and she's dying to play Pokemon X but with her Chartered Accountants exams rolling up she can't touch anything.

First thing is easily the aesthetics of it all. They are clean and beautiful. The small camera movements, the nostalgic N64/GC/PSX-esque graphical nods, every single intro to a battle sequence, and the small touches that only Nintendo ever seems to throw your way. It's as if Game Freak felt liberated by the boosted power of the 3DS and decided to ignore those (wonderful) sprites and sail new seas for nothing but good reasons. No one can deny how great each Pokemon looks fully fleshed out in the battle screen as they do their animations. Quick battlers are undoubtedly being tormented.

I feel that it's a huge recommendation to listen to the game with headphones or earphones. The music is wonderful. Every "area," despite having 50 steps or so of space, will switch on the fly and each tune reminds me of times gone by. The nostalgic references are great, but nothing can beat running through that long grass in Santalune Forest. It's as if Sugiyama and Uematsu melded together and composed it. I'm keen as hell to find out who composed X & Y.

If there was ever a love letter written for the Pokemon franchise it seems that it was delivered in the form of Pokemon X & Y. It's still early days yet, but I'm sure I am here to stay with this game for the long haul and will thoroughly enjoy every minute of it.

Just got back from a gamestop midnight launch that I went to for some reason and got both games at for who knows why. If nothing else I got a few dozen spotpass Mii connections!

Not even sure which version to play.

Eusis

Anyone think it'll be hard to go back to Black & White after this beyond obvious stuff like diagonal movement and (arguably) graphics? I got those entries but sorta skipped out on seriously playing through them like I did Diamond and SoulSilver.

ivysaur12

Banned
that's harsh! Not sure for who yet.

I just can't sleep until I know this shit is going to finish. If I wake up and it's still at 75% I'll end this thread.

It's like, yo, Nintendo, yo so weird, but then dog, you got Community and Parks, and About a Boy looks dope.

Yup. Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom