• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
"Disappointed the administration stood by the statement from the embassy. But they disowned the statement also. The message is confused."

No, I think you are confused, sir.

He is setting up a softball for Obama to hit out of the park.

markatisu

My god he is giving Obama a gift to use on the stump, basically if Romney is in charge we will go to war with someone within months

Want WWIII go Romney

markatisu

The media is not biting on it either (well except FOX), all the coverage I have seen this morning is stressing calm reactions and remorse for the lives lost.....meanwhile in crazyville Romney is going all in with inflammatory remarks

If this does not underline the fact the GOP thinks they are going to lose then nothing will

gcubed

What happened last page? A feedback loop between PD and Diablos? it was possibly the worst single page in Poligaf that i can remember.

markatisu

And people think he is going to compete in the debates, HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

If he survives to the final security debate he is going to get his ass handed to him. The tears from the right will be glorious

Where are you guys watching this? Somewhere online?

Also, I'm a bit confused. What does the response of the US Embassy in Cairo have to do with the death of the US Ambassador in Libya? Can anyone help clarify this for me?

Effect

romney cancelled his event to instead hold a press event with questions. now he's cancelled that and will just release a statement. mitt protection program gearing up...

This is just really sad now. Sad as in pathetic not that I feel bad for him or anything. It's like they are purposefully sabotaging their own campaign at this point. Canceling everything at least shows they know they really, really screwed up.

Clevinger

VR1f1.jpg

gcubed

I don't understand how anyone thinks he looks presidential. He looks like a wet blanket that can't speak worth shit. I'm sure he was fine signing papers and writing emails behind a desk, he sounds like a dimwit speaking

When you are giving a press conference about the death of four American's, it's best to try and wipe the smarmy douchebag look off your face

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
The thing I don't understand is how the Cairo embassy statement is being seen as an apology by anyone. It's a little hamfisted in the wording but the statement is simply condemning religious intolerance in general. There's no apology there.

KingGondo

Banned
Where are you guys watching this? Somewhere online?

Also, I'm a bit confused. What does the response of the US Embassy in Cairo have to do with the death of the US Ambassador in Libya? Can anyone help clarify this for me?
The Cairo embassy issued an unapproved statement before it was clear that anybody had been killed in Syria to the effect of "the US is committed to respecting all beliefs, including those of Islam."

The Right is using it as supposed evidence that Obama is "apologizing about hurting the feelings of those who killed the ambassador."

It also dovetails nicely with their conspiracy theories that Obama is a secret Muslim and that this is a continuation of his "apology tour."

Tim-E

Congrats to the Romney campaign for giving political news and shows something to talk about for the rest of the week!

What a disaster.

GhaleonEB

They've been so trigger happy on every other little thing, not surprising they pounced.

Pouncing is one thing, but accusing Obama of sympathizing with those who murder Americans overseas is a bit much. And Romney is doubling down on the lie that the embassy statement was made after the attacks, when it came before.

They issued the statement to try and calm things down as protesters were getting fired up outside. They were, in hindsight, trying to save their lives. And Romney is attacking them and Obama for it.

His campaign has jumped the shark in a spectacularly ugly way.

The Cairo embassy issued an unapproved statement before it was clear that anybody had been killed in Syria to the effect of "the US is committed to respecting all beliefs, including those of Islam."

The Right is using it as supposed evidence that Obama is "apologizing about hurting the feelings of those who killed the ambassador."

It also dovetails nicely with their conspiracy theories that Obama is a secret Muslim and that this is a continuation of his "apology tour."

So otherwise the events are unrelated?

So, Mitt Romney is treating a statement released by the US Embassy in Cario, before the attacks in Libya happened, in which they say they US does not approve of Koran burning, as a first response to the attacks in Libya? Then he's twisting and saying Obama apologized. Is that it? I'm so confused.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Romney is doing exactly what he needs to do to fire up the base. At face value, when an embassy gets attacked and the first tweet that comes out is, "Boo religious intolerance. People need to be more sensitive" instead of "Justice will be served to these extremists that have raided our embassy and killed our people /BaldEagleWithManlyAmericanTears" you know Republicans are going to pounce it, regardless of correlation and actual meaning.

They are going to drag President Obama's "World Apology Tour" back up again, too, won't they?

I bet Obama is fuming right now. He should rake Romney over the coals for this shit.

No doubt Obama is pretty fucking pissed off now. I used to think that he thought of Romney with indifference because of him being "No Drama Obama" and whatnot.

Now? I just KNOW he probably ditests him.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
"My foreign policy plan is we execute the plan when we have a plan with confidence."

What?
He's taking leadership advice from The Firesign Theater.

Edit: Nobody will get this joke, but it's refering to a scene in "Waiting for the electrician, or someone like him" where the main character finds himself thrust into a position of leadership and gives a speech with similar rhetoric.

markatisu

Congrats to the Romney campaign for giving political news and shows something to talk about for the rest of the week!

What a disaster.

Yeah its just like how Romney got upset we kept talking about his taxes and so once we stopped he reintroduced the issue all over again

You cannot make this shit up

Pouncing is one thing, but accusing Obama of sympathizing with those who murder Americans overseas is a bit much. And Romney is doubling down on the lie that the embassy statement was made after the attacks, when it came before.

They issued the statement to try and calm things down as protesters were getting fired up outside. They were, in hindsight, trying to save their lives. And Romney is attacking them and Obama for it.

For me it's gone from, I hate his politics (the ones he has today) to FUCK THIS GUY!!

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok

The down side (well, one of many) of watching Fox News. I did not know that.

Altered Beast said:
hey are going to drag President Obama's "World Apology Tour" back up again, too, won't they?

Gretchen Carlson already brought that up on Fox and Friends. And they are bringing that up RIGHT NOW as I type this on Fox.

historically, both parties are on the same page when tragedies occur and candidates for office do NOT undermine the official american message.

romney is an epic douchebag

Romney is doing exactly what he needs to do to fire up the base. At face value, when an embassy gets attacked and the first tweet that comes out is, "Boo religious intolerance. People need to be more sensitive" instead of "Justice will be served to these extremists that have raided our embassy and killed our people /BaldEagleWithManlyAmericanTears" you know Republicans are going to pounce it.

but that is not what happened! this is yet another lie

KingGondo

Banned
So otherwise the events are unrelated?

So, Mitt Romney is treating a statement released by the US Embassy in Cario, before the attacks in Libya happened, in which they say they US does not approve of Koran burning, as a first response to the attacks in Libya? Then he's twisting and saying Obama apologized. Is that it? I'm so confused.
These riots are about an American-made video that circulated on the Internet that supposedly insults Muhammad, not about Koran burning.

The Cairo statement was issued after the protests and attacks had commenced, but before they knew anyone had been killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom