• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drek

I wonder if Romney will comment?

I'd assume his campaign will take a step back and do some internal auditing after how their most recent comments have been received, even by moderate republicans.

If they actually continue to comment on this it will turn very ugly very quickly. Right now he looks like a hot head, if he keeps attacking Obama on these same grounds he's going to look like something far, far worse.

Diablos

Navy is moving carriers into the region as well. Bams is gonna lock shit down.

obama_i_got_this.jpg

Imma just listen to some BBC Radio and go to sleep and pretend Obama just got re-elected for 100 more years.

Peace out.

Chumly

All respect for McCain went out the window for me this morning. He's on the today show bashing Obama as a weak leader basically backing up romney

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
All respect for McCain went out the window for me this morning. He's on the today show bashing Obama as a weak leader basically backing up romney

So yesterday he praises Clinton for making a statement of the "right message and tone".

Obama follows up with a statement in exactly the same vein, vows to bring perpetrators to justice, bumps security in all embassies, and sends in the warships.

"Weak leader" indeed.

They just cannot give the man a credit or a pass on anything, even in a time of crisis.

Kosmo

Banned
Obama follows up with a statement in exactly the same vein, vows to bring perpetrators to justice, bumps security in all embassies, and sends in the warships.

"

Obama showed zero passion in his statement. The words were right, but it was basically a monotone read, Thank you, god Bless America, I'm off to Vegas.

codhand

Obama showed zero passion in his statement. The words were right, but it was basically a monotone read, Thank you, god Bless America, I'm off to Vegas.

Well, McCain is on CNBC right now, calling the politics of the situation "a minor item", followed by "This administration does not believe in American exceptionalism."

Just shoot me, today sucks.

Edit* annnd he was on Today Show? Criticizing the media obsession with the politics, while being completely political??

How many shows is he gonna go on today, and say the same thing?

"This isn't about politics, but yes Obama does suck."

McCain is who I thought he was.

Not satisfied with implied irony, Kosmo has gone for expressed.

Yesterday - I cannot BELIEVE you all are focusing on Romney's smile during a somber event!

Today - You know Obama completely lacked passion and was ready to get back to campaigning..

Triple U

Banned

You could read his face and tell this pissed him off. You could look in Romney's face and well...

Angry Fork

One of the worst mind blowing hypocrisies now gaining ground is republicans saying Obama is tied to the arab spring revolution and now that it has gone violent against the US (shocking!) it's his fault. There are so many comments on huffpost (many of them trolling obviously but many serious) basically suggesting Obama was not only responsible for the arab spring but that the arab spring is now a bad thing. As if the dictators should have been kept in power for the sake of stability which runs completely contradictory to the whole iraq shit.

Tim-E

How dare a leader stay composed and maintain a somber tone when four people who worked with him were murdered. He should be acting sensational and aggressive!

codhand

And also shows Romney up by 20 on Obama. While most polls show Romney winning there, the consensus is ~3% up. If that result is anything to go by, this poll is very far right.

True, that represents the "lul" portion of my comment, the "sigh" is that it he would be up in any poll, right, center or left.

Well, McCain is on CNBC right now, calling the politics of the situation "a minor item", followed by "This administration does not believe in American exceptionalism."

The contempt that McCain and other Republicans who use this transparently deceitful line of attack must have for the people they are trying to influence... it's astonishingly dispicable. Fucking loathesome.

I get that it's intended for the low information voter who is often willfully ignorant enough to be able to stomach that crap, but it still pisses me off every time.

Romney campaign required each of the candidates on its vice presidential short list to hand over 10 years of tax returns, the Daily Beast reported Thursday. That’s eight more years of returns than Romney himself has revealed to the American public — a move for which he’s been ridiculed from Republicans and Democrats alike. Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty (R) previously indicated that he had been required to turn over a “bunch” of returns during the vetting process, but did not give a specific number.
....With each passing day my loathing of this man increases.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Romney campaign required each of the candidates on its vice presidential short list to hand over 10 years of tax returns, the Daily Beast reported Thursday. That’s eight more years of returns than Romney himself has revealed to the American public — a move for which he’s been ridiculed from Republicans and Democrats alike. Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty (R) previously indicated that he had been required to turn over a “bunch” of returns during the vetting process, but did not give a specific number.

....With each passing day my loathing of this man increases.

For the love of....

America is not exceptional. Half of it is filled with dumbasses who keep voting against their interests time and again, for the past 50 years. We let uninsured die on the streets and are lower than Lithuania in education. More than half of our politicians are made up of dickheads ready to sacrifice US' credit rating just so to deny their opposition president a 2nd term.

Can someone tell me what's so exceptional about America?

daedalius

America is not exceptional. Half of it is filled with dumbasses who keep voting against their interests time and again, for the past 50 years. We let uninsured die on the streets and are lower than Lithuania in education. More than half of our politicians are made up of dickheads ready to sacrifice US' credit rating just so to deny their opposition president a 2nd term.

We're great at creating buzz phrases, like "American Exceptionalism"

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Our transit system.
Our infrastructure
Our news media
leBron
Amanda Bynes Driving
Jersey
Pogs

Why is CNN saying warships being sent to Libya was "triggered by Romney criticism?" It's like they want everything to fit their political narrative.

markatisu

Why is CNN saying warships being sent to Libya was "triggered by Romney criticism?" It's like they want everything to fit their political narrative.

Well don't they, Romney getting destroyed is not a ratings getter

I did enjoy Chuck Todd's take this morning
Blame the media! After Romney’s rough day yesterday, we’ve seen conservative voices blame the media. John Podhoretz, in the New York Post, says “it is the view of much of the mainstream media and foreign-policy establishment that discussing these horrific events in the course of the presidential campaign is monstrous.” And in an editorial entitled “Romney Offends the Pundits,” the Wall Street Journal writes that Romney’s “political faux pax was to offend a pundit class that wants to cede the foreign policy debate to Mr. Obama without thinking seriously about the trouble for America that is building in the world.”

But here’s what we don’t understand from both conservatives and liberals who blame the media in instances like this: They say on the one hand that the media doesn’t matter, and then on the other hand say it’s the media’s fault when something goes wrong. They can’t have it both ways. And here’s a final thing to remember: It is always losing campaigns – Democratic or Republican – that end up blaming the media. Also, there’s a crying-wolf aspect to media bias charges that critics ought to think about. We know, there’s a professional class that make their living searching for bias. But just because you think you see it, it doesn’t mean it’s there. Sometimes a bad day is a bad day.

Because CNN is a cable news network who places a higher priority on entertainment rather than conveying information. They have to find a narrative.

Kosmo

Banned
One of the worst mind blowing hypocrisies now gaining ground is republicans saying Obama is tied to the arab spring revolution and now that it has gone violent against the US (shocking!) it's his fault. There are so many comments on huffpost (many of them trolling obviously but many serious) basically suggesting Obama was not only responsible for the arab spring but that the arab spring is now a bad thing. As if the dictators should have been kept in power for the sake of stability which runs completely contradictory to the whole iraq shit.

The State Department is the area that coordinated the Arab Spring. Read up on the "techno-experts" that they recruited/implanted in those countries to get things going. So yeah, I would not call this just some spontaneous occurrence that similar events are playing out in Egypt, Libya, and Syria.

Chichikov

Actually Yankee fans are, please, just trust me. Red Sox close 2nd.
I hate the Yankees more than the bosox, but as far as fans goes, especially on the road, no one touches the pink hats.
Barf.
Their sense of self importance (and yes, exceptionalism; see? it's relevant and stuff) make them insufferable.

Although if they keep bobby v and stay the course they're on for a couple of years, their frontrunner nation will go back to what it should be, a bunch of old bitter racists, whining about how the game is ruined.

pigeon

Banned

If there was something so obviously exceptional about America it wouldn't be an issue. Like, if Americans were all taller than everybody else, if somebody dissed America we wouldn't talk about American exceptionalism. We would go into their house and put all their stuff on the top shelf.

The whole point of the American exceptionalism discussion is that people desperately want to believe America was successful and dominated the world for a hundred years because it was special. Because if America's success is not due to exceptionalism, then your personal success might not be due to exceptionalism, and your neighbor's failure might not be due to his not being exceptional enough -- in fact, it might turn out that people aren't successful because of God choosing them for a special purpose, or because of their natural talents and drive that raise them above others, but essentially because of luck and factors outside of anybody's control. And that's not the American way.

The State Department is the area that coordinated the Arab Spring. Read up on the "techno-experts" that they recruited/implanted in those countries to get things going. So yeah, I would not call this just some spontaneous occurrence that similar events are playing out in Egypt, Libya, and Syria.

You really are just a GOP talking points regurgitation machine. Aren't you?

RDreamer

So what do you say about the Republican hypocrisy that is going around that Angry Fork just brought up? Republicans seem to be saying that dictators should be propped up and kept in power for the sake of stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom