• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Good news, it's about damn time.

Side note: I don't check the markets with frequency, but I like to see how they respond to major events. *pop*

Yeah, they've had to both invent a version of Obama to run against, and then invent a version of Reagan to compare him to. That reality distortion field is a powerful mofo.

Don't forget how suddenly awesome Bill Clinton became in the last few months.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Why is Romney doubling down on foreign policy? It's his weakest area and he doesn't have the foreign policy cred Bush and Obama has. Everyday that it's not about the economy he's losing. Is this a round-about admission he can't win with the economy alone?

Isn't that the definition of Rovian tactics? Only thing is he's shit at it.

ZLSck.jpg

iUekDk0uEp9vm.jpg

indeed.

I think the Romney team is suffering from bubble syndrome. The 'no apology' thing has played well with the base and they get applause from the tea-party base . . . but the problem is those people live in an alternate universe with made-up facts.

When he pushes the 'Obama apologizes for America' in the real world, the reporters try to look for the alleged apology . . . AND IT DOES NOT EXIST! You work with made-up facts in Rush & Hannity land . . . they believe it . . . but it flops in the real world.

That guy who suggested the etch-a-sketch was right . . . they should have shaken things up. But instead they stuck to GOP primary debate stuff and it flops in the reality based community.

codhand

Krugman about to ejaculate at this.

"I'm not super optimistic that shoveling more sacks of cash into the gaping maw of our dysfunctional and corrupt financial system will do a lot to improve things. Certainly giving people free money would be superior. But it's at least comforting that the powers that be might actually recognize that we have a problem."
by Atrios

He probably won't.

tranciful

Yesterday's NPR Fresh Air has some nice insight on interviewing the president. What you can and can't do. How it typically works from a journalist perspective.

Diablos

All respect for McCain went out the window for me this morning. He's on the today show bashing Obama as a weak leader basically backing up romney
What the fuck.

First he says nothing, then he basically praises the state department and said we did the right thing, now he's phasing into blasting Obama?

You can't have it both ways, McCain.

This shit pisses me off so bad.

RDreamer

LOL Limbaugh suggests Al Qaeda gave up Osama Bin Laden in order to help Obama. Also, the attacks were because the democrats bragged too much during their convention about killing Bin Ladin

Someone asked about yelling at the radio during Rush. Rush is so completely out there that I can't even say anything when I hear him talk. It's dead silent as my mouth hangs open in surprise at what new, crazy, low he's reached. With some republicans on TV I can yell out things like "bullshit!" Not with Rush. My mind is busy trying to stave off the IQ drop when I hear him...

LOL Limbaugh suggests Al Qaeda gave up Osama Bin Laden in order to help Obama. Also, the attacks were because the democrats bragged too much during their convention about killing Bin Ladin

Someone asked about yelling at the radio during Rush. Rush is so completely out there that I can't even say anything when I hear him talk. It's dead silent as my mouth hangs open in surprise at what new, crazy, low he's reached. With some republicans on TV I can yell out things like "bullshit!" Not with Rush. My mind is busy trying to stave off the IQ drop when I hear him...
So he's inferring that Al Queda and the Obama administration are allies?!

If that's not the most treasonous accusation I've heard, I don't know what is.

kehs

Banned
So he's inferring that Al Queda and the Obama administration are allies?!

If that's not the most treasonous accusation I've heard, I don't know what is.

It's just a wild theory from way way out there, just hear him out.

He's just throwing it out there man, off the top of his head.

What Obama IF Osama?

just sayin'

Kettch

I think the Romney team is suffering from bubble syndrome. The 'no apology' thing has played well with the base and they get applause from the tea-party base . . . but the problem is those people live in an alternate universe with made-up facts.

When he pushes the 'Obama apologizes for America' in the real world, the reporters try to look for the alleged apology . . . AND IT DOES NOT EXIST! You work with made-up facts in Rush & Hannity land . . . they believe it . . . but it flops in the real world.

That guy who suggested the etch-a-sketch was right . . . they should have shaken things up. But instead they stuck to GOP primary debate stuff and it flops in the reality based community.

To be fair, many of their alternate universe facts in the past have been widely accepted. They based their entire convention on the "You didn't build that" comment and weren't laughed out of the country like they should have been. It was instead treated like a valid point.

When they've gotten away with so many it's fairly understandable why they would keep trying. I'm just glad the media finally woke up for once.

Angry Fork

So what's the rationale for giving the stimulus to banks rather than ordinary people given how corrupt they are? What are the alternatives? What are banks 'supposed' to do with it and are there laws that prevent them from just keeping it?

pigeon

Banned
But then people will be in debt to banks so what happens then? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of 'free money' or injecting the economy?

The theory is that if the economy begins to grow, inflation and interest will grow, which means that debts people took on before the growth of the economy will be less relevant. If the interest on a loan you took out is less than the inflation rate, or less than the rate of return on a safe investment like a savings account, then it's basically free money for you -- it's a "float." So there's a strong motivation for people who think they have a pretty good investment idea, or who think that the inflation rate will go up, to borrow money and invest it immediately, which causes it to circulate and thus grows the economy.

But then people will be in debt to banks so what happens then?

A very simple example, banks participate in loans that are given to businesses. Suppose you come up with an idea of mobile restaurants. You need money to buy a truck/trailer, so you go to the bank for a loan. Now the risk on invensting a loan isn't that high, it will motivate the lending officer to lend out a loan, and they might even participate in it: $10,000 to you matched by another $10,000 from the bank. This is what the fed wants the banks to do. They're trying to reduce the risk in lending, so more capital is flowing into the market.

Kosmo

Banned
Define "this".

It was a pretty long article with alot of words.

To this:

"I don't think that we would consider them an ally, but we don't consider them an enemy," Obama said. "They're a new government that is trying to find its way. They were democratically elected. I think that we are going to have to see how they respond to this incident."

Seems perfectly reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom