• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake

Ohio - O 50 - R 43 << holy shit
Florida - O 49 - R 44
Virginia - O 49- R 44

iTTVQU4jqwUej.jpg

I think that's illegal.

Why would that be the case?

If Romney was running as a businessman, shouldnt he "announce" his "board" ?

It may have been 4 words that really killed him . . . "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt".

A lot of auto suppliers would have been screwed.

Lets not underestimate their lovely, LOVELY republican governor.

As soon as that idiot starting his parade of idiocy in 2010, I knew Ohio was dead to Romney.

What do Ohio, Wisconsin and Florida have in common?

The republicans killed their rail projects.

The electorate may forget some things, but not everything. They understand Obama was gifting them billions in Obamabux and the republicans killed it to play politics.

Also, whats the guess on what republican money? Remember the 100m promise to make Obama lose by that one billionaire? Will he double down (and spread some sweet sweet wealth redistribution) or will he realize it would be more profitable to invest in horse races?

Pimpwerx

Does this mean I can actually vote Green this year and not have to vote Obama to keep Mittens from winning Florida? I'd rather vote my conscience, but the perceived tightening of the race a month or so ago made me open up to the idea of voting Bams a second time. If the lead is substantial in Florida, I'm gonna vote Green Party. PEACE.

Wray

The country is far too polarized for that to happen. I don't think you'll see a double-digit landslide victory again anytime soon, short of Romney devouring an infant on live television or calling Obama the N-word in the debates.

Wait another 12-16 years when demographics shift even more.

RDreamer

What do Ohio, Wisconsin and Florida have in common?

The republicans killed their rail projects.

The electorate may forget some things, but not everything. They understand Obama was gifting them billions in Obamabux and the republicans killed it to play politics.

Yeah... that's not going to be a winning issue in Wisconsin at all. Killing that rail project was the very thing that put Walker into office in the first place. Wisconsin is retarded and saw it as waste.

Does this mean I can actually vote Green this year and not have to vote Obama to keep Mittens from winning Florida? I'd rather vote my conscience, but the perceived tightening of the race a month or so ago made me open up to the idea of voting Bams a second time. If the lead is substantial in Florida, I'm gonna vote Green Party. PEACE.

Personally if I was in Florida I definitely wouldn't take that chance.

For the love of fucking fuck, vote Obama.

giga

No. Unless he has a 20 point lead, it's way too close for Florida to fuck things up.

Loudninja

Libya arrests 4 over deadly Benghazi attack: official
TRIPOLI (Reuters) - Libyan authorities have made four arrests in the investigation into the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi in which the U.S. ambassador and three embassy staff were killed, the deputy interior minister said on Thursday.
"Four men are in custody and we are interrogating them because they are suspected of helping instigate the events at the U.S. consulate," Wanis Sharif told Reuters.
He gave no more details.
http://news.yahoo.com/libya-makes-arrests-over-deadly-benghazi-attack-official-175308342.html

pigeon

Banned

This is one reason I find it doubtful that any states will actually refuse the Medicaid expansion.

edit: Oh snap. If these are really the guys, this will only get uglier for Mitt.

Also, on the topic of people covering their ass and separating from Romney:

AP said:
Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney mitigates his lack of formal foreign policy experience with advice from people who do &#8212; a small, ideologically varied group of longtime foreign policy hands and a handful of longtime, loyal staffers.
The former Massachusetts governor and businessman hears them out, and then typically has taken a hard line, seizing on incidents abroad to criticize President Barack Obama as a weak leader. Occasionally Romney sidesteps calls for caution from within this select group. That's what he did this week as he personally made the decision to criticize Obama as a weak leader as unrest in Egypt was unfolding, and before it was known that a U.S. ambassador had died in Libya.

http://news.yahoo.com/crisis-abroad-romney-relies-select-few-225114944--election.html

Zabka

Hell, why even bother voting? Obama's got this in the bag! We can all just stay home!

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Seriously, what in God's name would be the purpose of doing such a thing?

Chumly

As long as Obama is a lock I don't see anything wrong with voting green. It might make the democratic party turn back left again.

Cheebo

Banned

Whaaaa???? Florida is still very close. It is heavily a swing state. This is the #1 state to not vote green in it. It is far closer than Ohio and other swing states.

As long as Obama is a lock I don't see anything wrong with voting green. It might make the democratic party turn back left again.
He is talking about Florida. Not like California or New York. No one in their right mind would claim Florida is locked for Obama.

Pimpwerx

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Seriously, what in God's name would be the purpose of doing such a thing?

I prefer the Green Party, and believe you gotta start somewhere. However, I'm really not willing to let Mittens take power, so I'll do what I gotta this election. PEACE.

GhaleonEB

Chuck Todd says there was a large increase for "right track" in the right track/wrong track numbers in these polls

This confirms the strong swing up that Gallup has seen since the conventions.

Disasterous polls for Romeny. But they're really just reflecting the uptick in the national polls, so they're not surprising. State polling lags national, so we're just now seeing how the national bounce translates at the state level.

It's going to be a slaughter in November.

Cloudy

Banned

All it takes is 100,000 or so people thinking like you to swing the election to Romney. Anyone in a swing state voting green is ridiculous IMO

Polls are nice but with the rampant voter suppression by the GOP, no one should take any chances

This confirms the strong swing up that Gallup has seen since the conventions.

Disasterous polls for Romeny. But they're really just reflecting the uptick in the national polls, so they're not surprising. State polling lags national, so we're just now seeing how the national bounce translates at the state level.

It's going to be a slaughter in November.

I feel weird that my excitement is focused more on the fallout and the actual victory. Got some asshole FB friends that are going to make my decade.

GhaleonEB

I feel weird that my excitement is focused more on the fallout and the actual victory. Got some asshole FB friends that are going to make my decade.

That is part of my solace as well. Even if Dems do not take the House - and I'm not expecting them to - the GOP fallout from Obama's reelection will be spectacular.

Oblivion

I prefer the Green Party, and believe you gotta start somewhere. However, I'm really not willing to let Mittens take power, so I'll do what I gotta this election. PEACE.

I'm sure many of us in a perfect world would prefer to vote for the Green Party, but any vote NOT for Obama is a vote FOR the flat Earthers. We know what happened the last time those fucks held power, thanks in large part to Ralph Nader, so it would be nice if we don't go through that again.

Zabka

That just doesn't work. If you want to see how you drag a party away from the center look at the Tea Party. You have to support candidates in the primaries at the local level.

Voting third party in the general election does nothing.

Loudninja

Romney continues be a dumbass

&#8220;What I said was exactly the same conclusion the White House reached, which was that the statement was inappropriate. That&#8217;s why they backed away from it as well,&#8221; Romney said

When I pointed out that the White House did not say the embassy&#8217;s statement showed sympathy for the attackers, Romney stuck by his remarks.

&#8220;Well, I think the statement was an inappropriate statement. I think it was not directly applicable and appropriate for the setting. I think it should have been taken down. And apparently the White House felt the same way,&#8221; he said.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...-first-aim-later-attack/#.UFJZwoTEZDE.twitter

He really got some damn nerve by tying to say what appropriate and whats not.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm not looking forward to "republicans attempt to pretend Obama isn't a real American president" operation 2.0. Just think. He stole the election by 100 evs.

Oblivion

That is part of my solace as well. Even if Dems do not take the House - and I'm not expecting them to - the GOP fallout from Obama's reelection will be spectacular.

Indeed. My idiot ex-roommates are gonna be on suicide watch should that happen.

It wasn't the Press Correspondence Dinner in 08 where Obama and McCain both did comedy, was it? If not, what dinner was that? (could Romney potentially participate!?!)

That just doesn't work. If you want to see how you drag a party away from the center look at the Tea Party. You have to support candidates in the primaries at the local level.

Yeah. Vote third party locally where it makes sense, but its best not to play games on the national stage.

Gruco

Banned
If the numbers persist or improve, I'm going to start salivating over Congress.

Gimme MA, IN, ME, NV, and AZ

Holds in MO, VA, MT, ND, CT.

With a loss in NE and WI, that's a ceiling of about 56?

I'll take it. And 30 house seats.

At this point, all democrat money should focus on the house and senate.

White house is safer than DC going blue.

No one answered my question before. Tiny states like ND, Vermont and Wyoming have well under 1 million people each....

But 2 senate seats each.

Why isnt more money poured into these races?

The total vote in 2008 in Wyoming was 250,000.

Thats it. Thats all you need to convince.

Most mayor races cost more.

If superpacs and such are theoretically so influential, why not "buy" these senate seats by dumping $20 million into them?

Oblivion

It wasn't the Press Correspondence Dinner in 08 where Obama and McCain both did comedy, was it? If not, what dinner was that? (could Romney potentially participate!?!)

"So there was this one time where Bain took over a company and we had to lay off two hundred workers..."

*starts chuckling*

"..and many of them wound up losing..."

*laughing continues to get louder*

"Excuse me. So they wound up losing their health insurance, and most wound up filing for bankrupt..."

*starts laughs uncontrollably*

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
At this point, all democrat money should focus on the house and senate.

White house is safer than DC going blue.

No one answered my question before. Tiny states like ND, Vermont and Wyoming have well under 1 million people each....

But 2 senate seats each.

Why isnt more money poured into these races?

The total vote in 2008 in Wyoming was 250,000.

Thats it. Thats all you need to convince.

Most mayor races cost more.

If superpacs and such are theoretically so influential, why not "buy" these senate seats by dumping $20 million into them?

Because it's possible that most voters will eventually meet the candidate, especially if the campaign tries hard enough. A commercial is never going to change someone's mind if they've met the person, especially if its a negative ad. Face to face communication is always going to be stronger, I think anyway.

pigeon

Banned

This is literally the sole mission of Karl Rove's Crossroads PAC, so good eye. This is indeed a much more likely candidate for money pumping than the Presidential election, which is already full of cash.

If the numbers persist or improve, I'm going to start salivating over Congress.

Gimme MA, IN, ME, NV, and AZ

Holds in MO, VA, MT, ND, CT.

With a loss in NE and WI, that's a ceiling of about 56?

I'll take it. And 30 house seats.

oh god don't get me optimistic about those

Vahagn

That's what's so great about Presidential Politics. To get 50 million + people to vote for you, you have to be in the political center. While it would be awesome to have a President that's even further to the left of Obama, I'm damn glad that can't happen because if it could, it would also mean the Todd Akin's of the world can win too.

This is also why the State's Rights Conservatives fall flat on their face in terms of pragmatism. In any given state or locality some batshit crazy guy can win an election with a few hundred thousand votes. It's important that when he/they get out of line, that the moderate administration of the White House steps in and says

"Bitch, I got 400,000 votes 2 minutes after the polls opened. Shut up and sit down and stop ruining our country"

i.e. Obama suing the state of Arizona, as well as several other super right wing local state administrations to bring things closer and closer to the center.

Joe

Is it true that the white house had credible information about embassy attacks 48 hours before the attack and didn't beef up security?

Listening to conservative radio with my brother and that assertion from the Independent in England is causing a shit storm over the radio waves.

Measley

This needs to be repeated in every general election.

If you want a more liberal government, vote in liberal reps and senators.

Vahagn

Is it true that the white house had credible information about embassy attacks 48 hours before the attack and didn't beef up security?

Listening to conservative radio with my brother and that assertion from the Independent in England is causing a shit storm over the radio waves.

Don't know, don't care. Bush had credible information about an attack months before 9/11 and didn't do anything. Republicans are the biggest pieces of selective outrage hate mongers ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom