• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gruco

Banned
Sam Wang (Princeton Election Consortium) has been saying for over a month that the presidential race is basically over and people should shift to paying attention to the House and Senate, both of which have a coin flip for control.

At this point, I'm convinced. VA and OH just aren't happening for Romney.

Also I don't really heart Ron Paul. Thanks, TA

+3 D sample, down from +6 in 2008. Can't wait to hear conservatives dismiss this

Obama is reaching or breaking 50% in Virginia and Ohio now...

That be good sign for Obama indeed.

still doing the ban bet?

I think he has always had an Avatar bet going on

What exactly would constitute a "strong" foreign policy here? Outright subjugation or annihilation of the Muslim world?

The Bush Doctorine - If you aren't our ally, you are our enemy. Or something like that.

Gruco

Banned
What did you lose the bet on?

Spring/Summer 2011, I took the entire Republican field vs TA's Romney.

My read was that Romney would be completely unacceptable to the Republican base, and that he was way too exposed on Romneycare to survive the primary process given how whipped up Republicans were (and are) over Obamacare.

Obviously I was wrong. Insofar as my original intuition, I take solace in knowing that basically everyone and their mother lead Romney at some point and that that the process ended up being the Romney vs not Romney show. So I guess I didn't anticipate the effectiveness of the Romney SuperPAC bubble, nor the refusal of most of the Republican heroes to enter, nor the sheer incompetence of the one who did.

Sam Wang (Princeton Election Consortium) has been saying for over a month that the presidential race is basically over and people should shift to paying attention to the House and Senate, both of which have a coin flip for control.
Sam said recently that his outlook for the Democrats in the House is pretty favorable. They have about a 5 point lead on the generic ballot.

I'm getting optimistic again! Dammit all!

pigeon

Banned
What exactly would constitute a "strong" foreign policy here?

normal_dr_strangelove01.jpg

I imagine a lot of Republicans will be throwing Romney under the bus to save what's left of Ryan's credibility.

You nailed it.

To pin recent stumbles on Stevens would be to overlook Romney’s role in all this. As the man atop the enterprise — in effect, the CEO of a $1 billion start-up — Romney ultimately bears responsibility for the decisions he personally oversaw, such as the muffling of running mate Paul Ryan’s strict budget message and his own convention performance.

Stevens probably wrote that line himself.

Chichikov

Spring/Summer 2011, I took the entire Republican field vs TA's Romney.

My read was that Romney would be completely unacceptable to the Republican base, and that he was way too exposed on Romneycare to survive the primary process given how whipped up Republicans were (and are) over Obamacare.

Obviously I was wrong. Insofar as my original intuition, I take solace in knowing that basically everyone and their mother lead Romney at some point and that that the process ended up being the Romney vs not Romney show. So I guess I didn't anticipate the effectiveness of the Romney SuperPAC bubble, nor the refusal of most of the Republican heroes to enter, nor the sheer incompetence of the one who did.
I lost so much money taking the field against Tiger Woods in the early aughts that I just stay the fuck away from this type of bet these days.

The last polls that Romney lead in either NH or NV were back in April.
If Romney's hopes are hinged on winning New Hampshire he's doomed.

PPP says young voters are more excited about voting than seniors. That's... certainly problematic! As well as contrary to conventional wisdom, that young voters have soured on Obama and are tuning out of politics. I have to wonder if Obama has a built-in advantage in 18-21 year olds not being picked up by the polls - most LV polls ask if you voted in a previous election and will disqualify you as an LV based on that.

Huh. I didn't PPP was based in Raleigh. :/
Main reason why they poll North Carolina every week.

i know ppp lean left, but sheesh at business man romney losing the economy argument in most these polls
PPP actually erred slightly in Republicans' favor in 2010. They only lean left relative to other pollsters.

Romney even being tied with Obama on the economy is bad news. Obama's foreign policy record has been stellar (can't argue with the man who got OBL) and his stance on social issues is mainly consensus-based. The economy is literally the only way Romney can win, and clearly not enough voters are convinced that Obama's been a drag on the economy.

wheres poligaf getting their election night coverage from?

im sticking with Twitter/msnbc/fox combo.....and here too ah jeez

aftermath will be the redstate and freerepublic forums

I'll probably flip around but I'm always excited to see what goofy-ass new technology CNN is waiting to spring on us every election. Will be disappointed if it's anything less than a Wolf Blitzer hologram sitting in the chair next to me.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

CNN for the goofy tech and to see if Cooper can escape this time. My money is on a Star Trek transporter for Blitzer and or a holodeck.

HylianTom

Banned

I kinda have a weird thing for Rachel Maddow. (Don't ask, as I haven't quite figured it out myself.) But seeing her laugh and smile through a victorious night is too irresistable. I might peek at Fox News from time to time for some giggles.

Washington Journal will be must-see TV the following morning, as the "Independant" and "Republican" callers are positively hysterical. Then, Fox News all day on the day after. It's gonna be delicious.

And PoliGAF's going to be irreplaceable.

Clevinger

Yeah, good thing Scott Brown's got this on lockdown.

It's not that. If she got this small lead because of the convention, then it's likely that bump will mostly fade, right? It doesn't even have to mostly fade; just by three points, and she loses. And that's assuming PPP isn't slightly biased in her favor in this case by say like one point.

It's not that. If she got this small lead because of the convention, then it's likely that bump will mostly fade, right? It doesn't even have to mostly fade; just by three points, and she loses. And that's assuming PPP isn't slightly biased in her favor in this case by say like one point.
Obama's sustained his bump, it's plausible Warren could too. All she needs to do to win is solidify the Democratic base, and if that's where her bounce is coming from, that gives her a huge leg up in the general election.

In fact, here's PPP's latest tweet:

There were 56 undecideds on our Massachusetts Senate poll. 43 of them are Obama voters and 1- yes 1- is a Romney voter

She has more room to grow than Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom