• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Averon

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/pew-romney-comments-on-embassy-attacks-in-middle

Pew: Americans React Negatively To Romney’s MidEast Response

Nearly half of the Americans polled by Pew, 48 percent, view Romney's statements negtively, while 26 percent saw them in a positive light. Fifty-eight percent of Republicans saw Romney's reaction positively, as did 23 percent of indpendents and 5 percent of Democrats.

Forty-five percent approve of President Obama's respose to the situation, while 36 percent disapprove.

Well . . . . duh. Now see if you can inject those facts into the conservative bubble world where Saddam had stock piles of WMDs and Obama was born in Kenya.

Study: Tax Cuts for the Rich Don't Spur Growth
By Robert Frank | CNBC – 4 hours ago

Cutting taxes for the wealthy does not generate faster economic growth, according to a new report. But those cuts may widen the income gap between the rich and the rest, according to a new report.

A study from the Congressional Research Service -- the non-partisan research office for Congress -- shows that "there is little evidence over the past 65 years that tax cuts for the highest earners are associated with savings, investment or productivity growth."
In fact, the study found that higher tax rates for the wealthy are statistically associated with higher levels of growth
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tax-cuts-rich-dont-spur-151649273.html

ivysaur12

Banned
Two polls with Baldwin leading. Guess she's got it locked up.

Probably help. The voters Obama would focus on turning out would probably be party-line marginal democrats.

Locked up? No... but it's much closer now. Hopefully she can pull it off, it would be incredibly historic.

jfxeul.jpg

Qit9Cl.jpg

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Was listening to Fresh Air today and it had the author of a book about the Supreme Court, and he made the case that John Roberts' vote to save Obamacare was in a large part to have something to shield against claims of politicizing the bench. Also, that the conservatives looks at superpacs and figure it's all a good thing.

Because money is speech. Too bad poor people have less speech than others though.

So yeah, I find a lot to agree with his perspective, but at the same time, if the consevative end lose majority then their agenda becomes moot.

Don't let a republican president stuff more reactionaries into the court system.

Gotchaye

Y'all see this?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/17/mitt-romney-video_n_1829455.html
"My dad, as you probably, know was the governor of Michigan and was the head of a car company. But he was born in Mexico ... and, uh, had he been born of, uh, Mexican parents, I'd have a better shot at winning this," Romney said. "But he was unfortunately born to Americans living in Mexico. ... I mean I say that jokingly, but it would be helpful to be Latino."
"I'm kidding, but not really"

among other choice bits

Edit: Also wow at this one:
"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what," Romney says in one clip. "All right -- there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent on government, who believe that, that they are victims, who believe that government has the responsibility to care for them. Who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing."
How dare 47% of the country feel entitled to food?

Seems like a smart election strategy to concede 47% of the votes instead of doing something to get them to vote for you. "Hey everyone voting for Obama, stop being such fucking idiots!" is a surefire slogan bound to reap large benefits come November.

Gotchaye

I want to see some ads that just ask "Does your household make less than $X and you have two kids? Then Mitt Romney thinks you're a parasite."

Gotchaye

I need to remember to start streaming Maddow as soon as it goes up online so I'm not late for Borderlands 2 an hour later. I'm not going to be able to pay any attention to this story for a while after that...

Clevinger

"If it looks like I'm going to win, the markets will be happy. If it looks like the president's going to win, the markets should not be terribly happy. It depends of course which markets you're talking about, which types of commodities and so forth, but my own view is that if we win on November 6th, there will be a great deal of optimism about the future of this country. We'll see capital come back and we'll see—without actually doing anything—we'll actually get a boost in the economy. If the president gets re-elected, I don't know what will happen. I can– I can never predict what the markets will do."

mj1108

"If it looks like I'm going to win, the markets will be happy. If it looks like the president's going to win, the markets should not be terribly happy. It depends of course which markets you're talking about, which types of commodities and so forth, but my own view is that if we win on November 6th, there will be a great deal of optimism about the future of this country. We'll see capital come back and we'll see—without actually doing anything—we'll actually get a boost in the economy. If the president gets re-elected, I don't know what will happen. I can– I can never predict what the markets will do."

That's the secret -- put the economy on auto-pilot and just let whatever happens, happens.

Sigh.

bananas

Banned

Jesus fuck. I can't even...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom