• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raine

In this case Romney thought that he was in private so it doesn't quite count as self destruction. Democrats are everywhere. With recording equipment.

I'm surprised the Romney campaign didn't go this route

"Today marked another day of President Obama's desperation in finding anything to talk about except the economy; even going as far as to have his supporters record tapes of private meetings held by Mitt Romney. Make no mistake, we will make this election about the economy and the issues while President Obama continues to distract from it"

Vahagn

Just read what Laura Ingraham said on twitter, she likes what Romney said on his tape and he needs to do it more.

Conservatives are delusional racist bigots, everything they say either confirms it or tries to pretend it isn't true.

This is one of the first times.

Gotchaye

I'm surprised the Romney campaign didn't go this route

"Today marked another day of President Obama's desperation in finding anything to talk about except the economy; even going as far as to have his supporters record tapes of private meetings held by Mitt Romney. Make no mistake, we will make this election about the economy and the issues while President Obama continues to distract from it"

No way. Talking to a group of supporters without cameras around is one thing. Implying that you might act differently without cameras around is suicide. The campaign can't touch that angle unless they can win the fight over whether or not the comments are damaging in themselves. Right now they don't want to remind people that this was supposed to be private.

Raine

No way. Talking to a group of supporters without cameras around is one thing. Implying that you might act differently without cameras around is suicide. The campaign can't touch that angle unless they can win the fight over whether or not the comments are damaging in themselves. Right now they don't want to remind people that this was supposed to be private.

I know. That was a joke lol.

In this case Romney thought that he was in private so it doesn't quite count as self destruction. Democrats are everywhere. With recording equipment.

My guess is a waiter recorded it.

In fairness to Mittens, he was blindsided by the fact that an Obama voter had a job.

teiresias

Jesus the video is going everywhere now, at this rate I don't even think a flawless debate can save Mitt

I don't see it on the front pages of CNN.com or NBCnews.com, but I'm a cable cutter and don't have access to the actual channels so maybe it's playing differently on TV right now.

Chumly

I don't see it on the front pages of CNN.com or NBCnews.com, but I'm a cable cutter and don't have access to the actual channels so maybe it's playing differently on TV right now.

NBC and ABC both had it on the nightly news. I'm assuming CNN is talking about it as well. They probably just dont have the opinion pages up yet online.

EDIT: MSNBC is absolutely railing on him right now (liberal media)

Romney's self-immolation is rather spectacular. Would be damaging enough were it not on the heels of the DNC bounce. Ouch.
I don't think it's going to change anything drastically, but it's a headache and probably not something he'd want to talk about. Let's just blame Obama for the economy guys

Gruco

Banned
I hope that if all the networks are picking this up, their coverage is accompanied by a robust rebuttal to the 47% nonsense.

lol :(

GhaleonEB

I don't think it's going to change anything drastically, but it's a headache and probably not something he'd want to talk about. Let's just blame Obama for the economy guys

Pretty much. I think it's one of those things that will have impact only on the margins, but that's not what you want when you're trying to alter the fundamentals of the race in the other direction.

Conservatives will love this 47% thing, it fits right into their thinking.

Obviously the most important thing here is that he is saying he doesn't care about that 47%, or wants to focus on them, that they are victims, that they can not be motivated to work and take responsibility at all.

pigeon

Banned
Well of course YOU think that.

Baldwin still down by 10 in your book?

I don't think there's any question that Nate's prediction is going to be Democrats holding the Senate. We've been watching the polls, after all, and the movement that he's referring to over the last week has been towards blue water every time. The most dramatic thing I can imagine him saying is that he expects Dems to gain seats.

Vestal

Conservatives will love this 47% thing, it fits right into their thinking.

Obviously the most important thing here is that he is saying he doesn't care about that 47%, or wants to focus on them, that they are victims, that they can not be motivated to work and take responsibility at all.

Half of that 47% are elderly people on Social Security...(Most of them White)
Students in College..

The list goes on..

Obama Campaign take this shit and RUN WITH IT. Plaster it over every single AD you can.. I want a fucking Landslide in November to cover this Idiot(Romney) with!

Gruco

Banned
I don't think there's any question that Nate's prediction is going to be Democrats holding the Senate. We've been watching the polls, after all, and the movement that he's referring to over the last week has been towards blue water every time. The most dramatic thing I can imagine him saying is that he expects Dems to gain seats.

kos is already saying he thinks the Dems could gain seats. I mean, it's kos, but hey. 57 ceiling and all.

I often have a hard time reading dkos, but I really love watching a hyper-caffeinated kos rant about running up the score.

Allard

I don't think it will change anything too drastically, but I think it will certainly hurt him more then the "Guns and Religion" incident back in the 2008 election. There is a code of conduct that you at least look like you care what the other side has to say, but to straight up insult the opposing voter block is another thing entirely. This kind of stuff really does not play very well for more 'independent' voters which is at this point his only chance to pull this off. Its just another divot in an awful last couple weeks for his campaign.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
47% of the people......."My job is not to worry about them"....

Plus the "they don't pay taxes" bullshit with Mitt not releasing his tax returns....

The Obama campaign team must be jumping for joy at the advertisement fodder.

HylianTom

Banned
Oh shit, I didn't even think about that. This brings Mitt's tax returns back up.
This little incident is going to be a gift that keeps on giving, and giving..

Mitt Romney - a supposed "moderate" - making comments like this? It'll endear him to the base a bit, but normal folks are going to recoil. This reinforces such an ugly perception of their party, and in such blunt, dramatic fashion. This is a gift.

Kosmo the deep cover liberal who took the video?
ixvnEf3cHPYra.jpg
Hey, whatever gets the job done.

I think he'll say either Democrats will hold even or gain a seat. Maybe.

Warren erased Brown's lead, Berkeley's only behind by about a point (both of these are easily won if Democrats come home), Tester and McCaskill's standings have improved hugely, WI looked like Likely R but Thompson's lead fizzled, and Indiana and Arizona continue to be tied up (dunno if Dems will prevail in the end, but the GOP having trouble distancing themselves in those races is trouble in itself).

A LOT of things would have to break our way to expand the senate majority, but it's doable.

He still has more than a month and a half

That's the scary thing. He's had enough potentially campaign-ending blowups in the last week and a half to last an entire campaign, and there's absolutely going to be more, plus whatever the White House is sitting on for an October haymaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom