• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

watershed

Banned
Perfect timing with this new audio. I love the part where he says he doesn't care about 47% of the country and it won't be his job as President to care about them. I also like how he accuses those people of lacking personal responsibility and care for themselves.

The great thing is some people up until now were convinced that Romney was a moderate by conviction pretending to be a conservative by necessity. Now we know from his own lips that he holds the same beliefs as the rest of the far right of the Republican party. A rich Republican who has genuine disdain for poor people. Who would of thought it?

Zabka

I'm watching this focus group on CSPAN and I just don't understand how these people speak with such certitude about Romney's tax plan because it doesn't even exist.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Regarding WI, I feel silly asking this since I live there but I have no tv and thus no exposure to advertising in wisconsin- is it true that Thompson has had virtually no campaign ads? Could it be because they thought he could coast on his name and didn't expect Baldwin to pull ahead, but now that she might be they'll ramp up the spending?

Regarding WI, I feel silly asking this since I live there but I have no tv and thus no exposure to advertising in wisconsin- is it true that Thompson has had virtually no campaign ads? Could it be because they thought he could coast on his name and didn't expect Baldwin to pull ahead, but now that she might be they'll ramp up the spending?
Supposedly he's been busy trying to refill his campaign coffers, which were demolished during the primary and weren't very full to begin with.

Clevinger

Bloomberg goes dramatic

Though they do point out a specific line I didn't notice before that is pretty damning:

"I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

and

"My job is not to worry about those people," he says.

You know what's even funnier about Mitt's comments.

romney campaign premise: Our economy sucks, 23 million unemployed thanks to Obama. Vote for me!

romney video: those who don't pay income taxes, like the 23 million unemployed, will never vote for me because they depend on government.

LOLOLOL. He's arguing he should be president because of the economy but then claims he can't win over people who are hurt by the economy. I'm sure he was unaware of the reality, but it's hilarious.

This Peter Hart/C-Span Virginia "undecided" voter focus group is a complete joke. There is not one real undecided voter in the bunch

It's very fascinating but frustrating at the same time. Lots of "Too many talking points...too much information I don't know what to believe!" Why don't you stop complaining and do some research

Also, there's a clear republican on the panel lmao. I honestly think it's Kosmo

Obama was able to get past his "cling to guns and religion" comments. The problem for Romney is that his comments are being exposed when he's down in the polls and has no momentum whatsoever. This basically puts him in a deeper hole and narrows the swing voters he can appeal to.

Bloomberg goes dramatic

Though they do point out a specific line I didn't notice before that is pretty damning:

"I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

and

"My job is not to worry about those people," he says.
My grandmother doesn't pay taxes. Indeed, she's leaching off the government. Not like she pays taxes for sixty years or anything.

Clearly, she's irresponsible and doesn't care about her life.

Snake

Now here is an image that tickles my fancy.

ibbHlOi9kT6tsg.gif

Source.

giga

Not as attractive as the latest Mitt blunder, but Obama's WTO lawsuit against China is very good timing. Labor groups and auto unions should be very happy about this in Ohio.

Measley

So Ari Fleischer (sp?) is on CNN saying that less wealthy Americans don't pay income taxes, and thus don't pay for medicare, social security, or other government programs.

Nevermind the fact that they pay payroll taxes, sales taxes, and social security and medicare taxes. Shit, I've been getting medicare and social security taxes taken out of my paycheck since I was a 14-year old bagger in a grocery store.

Fuck these guys.

RDreamer

I've honestly seen like one Thompson ad, and a ton of pro-Baldwin/anti-Thompson ones.

dabig2

So Ari Fleischer (sp?) is on CNN saying that less wealthy Americans don't pay income taxes, and thus don't pay for medicare, social security, or other government programs.

Nevermind the fact that they pay payroll taxes, sales taxes, and social security and medicare taxes. Shit, I've been getting medicare and social security taxes taken out of my paycheck since I was a 14-year old bagger in a grocery store.

Fuck these guys.

It's mind-boggling how fucking stupid people are. I see a lot of persecuted conservatives in the OT making the same bullshit arguments as well (not sure about the current thread but on previous threads as well).

Before anyone is able to even speak on the topic of taxes and who does and doesn't pay them, they should all be required to read this.

So I'm hoping this becomes a big story not because it would sink Romney (it won't), but so we can cement this piss-poor argument for what it is - grade A bullshit. I also hope that many poor and elderly Republicans who fall into the "47%" group realize they're apart of that group as well. There are some eyes that need to be opened here.

Amir0x

Banned
heh i never heard that 'when i was a boy, i used to think getting rich and becoming famous would make me happy. Boy was i right!' comment from Mitt Romney before

that shit made me lol so hard.

GhaleonEB

heh i never heard that 'when i was a boy, i used to think getting rich and becoming famous would make me happy. Boy was i right!' comment from Mitt Romney before

Likewise, I lost it. Romney is a walking caricature of himself.

The interesting thing about this Virginia focus group is how disappointing people are with Obama, versus how much they dislike Romney; they're also. Really hammers home the point that a good republican would probably be stomping Obama right now. Most of the people are arguing that Obama talks a great game but hasn't gotten anything done, which is basically what I've been saying for months. Yet the alternative is rapidly approaching a point of being unacceptable (most of the group was very turned off by Romney's Libya response, for instance)

thefro

That's a clip we haven't seen to this point that was mentioned in the McCain oppo research file on Romney.

drip drip drip...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom