• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvie_3

Banned
jYLxYbqXxdK9d.png

Man, watching the cooper report on it makes it so much worse.

Its not just the 47%
Its not just romney saying he doesnt give a shit about them.

Its " they think theyre entitled to food"

Let theme at cake.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Is anybody watching the video of the press conference? Seeing it on MSNBC. Mitt's hair is a mess. I bet he's been raging behind the scenes.

I'm reminded of someone a month ago who said that Mitt's behavior in public was not robotic, it was barely controlled rage and anger, and was the source of his frequently flippant mannerisms when being challenged in any way.

Jadedx

Banned
Is anybody watching the video of the press conference? Seeing it on MSNBC. Mitt's hair is a mess. I bet he's been raging behind the scenes.
I am.

It still amazes me how he is so good at talking but not saying anything. It seems like that was the only thing he learned during the time he has been running for office. This reminds me of how Sarah Palin only learned the word "narrative" in the last 4 years.

daedalius

Man, watching the cooper report on it makes it so much worse.

Its not just the 47%
Its not just romney saying he doesnt give a shit about them.

Its " they think theyre entitled to food"

Let theme at cake.

Wait, so these words actually came out of his mouth?

ffs

edit: "dependent on government" and "believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing,"

holy shit mitt, could you be more of a scumbag?

teiresias

No doubt. He must've been yelling up a storm at his staff.

Which is ironic, because for the first time his staff had little to do with this flub, he's the one who decided to say all this sickening BS in the first place because he felt the "dirty poors" were never going to hear it.

Wait, so these words actually came out of his mouth?

ffs

"There are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it."

teiresias

At this point in the process, I honestly question whether even a Santorum candidacy would have provided as much entertainment value as Romney's has.

Drakeon

Mitt Romney is the worst candidate for president I have ever seen. Granted I only really remember back to Dole, but all the same, he has to be the worst since Mondale, if not worse then him.

GhaleonEB

I'm pretty sure that was a direct quote, along with housing and healthcare. I'm a little shocked he didn't go full retard and say education as well. He didn't did he?

It really sinks in during the video, that Romney is just disgusted at the notion. He's dropping "food" on a list of things that he feels people should be outraged about. People feel entitled to not starve to death! The nerve of some people!

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
"There are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it."

He continued, "These idiots even think they're entitled to oxygen and not being punched in the face every day. Fucking poor-ass dweebs."

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
He wants MORE released! As if that will help! He's not even saying anything at this point, he keeps saying campaign and how he only need 51 or 52%. Oh my god, it's like watching a train conductor trying to stop a train that's just gone off a cliff...this is amazing.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Foxnews.com is pretending like nothing happened tonight. They don't even want to acknowledge that mitt threw together a press conference.

Raine

Honestly the worst part of the quote is the part where he says he'll never convince them to take personal responsibility.

There's so many "worst" parts. That's why this is so bad. It isn't just one thing he said. That's why this story will have legs for a while.

pigeon

Banned
Mitt Romney is the worst candidate for president I have ever seen. Granted I only really remember back to Dole, but all the same, he has to be the worst since Mondale, if not worse then him.

Worse. Mondale's two biggest problems were Ronald Reagan and Geraldine Ferraro. Romney's two biggest problems are Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan.

Vestal

Seriously, I have lived around politics my entire life(my father was a politician). I have met many politicians in my time and discussed various topics in regards to elections, and social issues. Never in my 34 years of life have I ever seen such a trainwreck of a campaign.

I have never seen a politician fall so fast and so hard, as Mitt Romney has fallen. They will write books about this election cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom