• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
There's so many "worst" parts. That's why this is so bad. It isn't just one thing he said. That's why this story will have legs for a while.

And if those internet guys are to be believed his taxes will leak next week too, mother of god man.

Oh god he's trying to play it off as a strategy type comment, go home Mittens go home.

Foxnews.com is pretending like nothing happened tonight. They don't even want to acknowledge that mitt threw together a press conference.

Fox news channel just admitted that it's worse than Obama's "guns & religion".

The conservatives are not gonna say anything until 12 PM EST - when their talking points Spin Doctor GURU Rush Limbaugh weighs in.

Oh man guys, I'm gonna feel real bad if Romney commits suicide. :(

http://www.theonion.com/articles/six-dead-in-gubernatorial-suicide-pact,1816/

Um what? Mitt Romney has $350 million in his bank account. The guy takes a dive in his money pool everyday like Scrooge McDuck. If Mitt Romney loses the election, he will still be the richest mofo to ever lose the election. He is going to live the best life for the remainder of his life which the 99% of Americans can't for the entirety of their lives.

Seriously, I have lived around politics my entire life(my father was a politician). I have met many politicians in my time and discussed various topics in regards to elections, and social issues. Never in my 34 years of life have I ever seen such a trainwreck of a campaign.

I have never seen a politician fall so fast and so hard, as Mitt Romney has fallen. They will write books about this election cycle.

I think people are finally starting to remember how desperately the voters DIDN'T want him to be the nominee. Maybe it was because he knew he was a train wreck waiting to happen. They were BEGGING for a semi-competent challenger to face him. And unfortunately for the GOP one never emerged.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
UB2Hv.png

Lmao. Looks like someone just woke him up and he grabbed some random tie from an intern.

Don't have tv so I couldn't watch the press conference, and I literally burst out laughing when I saw that. Poor Mitt. Poor, poor rich Mitt.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think people are finally starting to remember how desperately the voters DIDN'T want him to be the nominee. Maybe it was because he knew he was a train wreck waiting to happen. They were BEGGING for a semi-competent challenger to face him. And unfortunately for the GOP one never emerged.

Seriously, Santorum or Cain-train would be running a better campaign. They'd still lose, but we wouldn't have as many lols.

The conservatives are not gonna say anything until 12 PM EST - when their talking points Spin Doctor GURU Rush Limbaugh weighs in.

Greta Van Susteran thought it wasn't the best idea to hold a presser, because it only elevated the incident.

Rush, Laura Ingraham, Hannity and other mouth breathers are going to love Romney's double down. Had Romney backed away from hating on poor/black people, Rush would've fried Romney so hard.

I just saw Van Sustern talking about it with three dudes who were sitting way too close to each other. Basically every question was trying to compare this to the guns and religion quote from 4 years ago.

RDreamer

Not quite. They didn't want him not because they wanted someone competent, but because they wante a true conservative. Romney won on electability. Basically they thought he was the most competent to take on Obama.

Greta Van Susteran thought it wasn't the best idea to hold a presser, because it only elevated the incident.

Rush, Laura Ingraham, Hannity and other mouth breathers are going to love Romney's double down. Had Romney backed away from hating on poor/black people, Rush would've fried Romney so hard.

It's gonna be a glorious day of political chatter tomorrow!

Seriously, McCain dodged a bullet there.

No way. Romney would not have been put under the scrutiny that Palin was, plus once the economy collapsed McCain would've looked better when he had an "economic guy" on this team. There's no sugarcoating the Palin decision unless Mitt Romney LITERALLY takes a shit at the podium. Like, pants down and everything.

No way. Romney would not have been put under the scrutiny that Palin was, plus once the economy collapsed McCain would've looked better when he had an "economic guy" on this team. There's no sugarcoating the Palin decision unless Mitt Romney LITERALLY takes a shit at the podium. Like, pants down and everything.

Still 50-some days left...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

What do you call this? The only thing that could possibly be worse at this point is if he called Obama a n***** in the middle of the debates, then doubled down in a presser after words and called him it again!

Gotta agree with this.

Gotchaye

What do you call this? The only thing that could possibly be worse at this point is if he called Obama a n***** in the middle of the debates, then doubled down in a presser after words and called him it again!

Well, it was inartfully expressed, but he stands by the idea. He should have used "boy".

But not all of these people are automatically Obama supporters. In fact, according to a map published by the Tax Foundation, eight of the top ten states with the lowest income-tax liability are the heart of Romney country — the deep south. The only exceptions are Florida, a battleground state, and New Mexico, which leans toward Obama. Meanwhile, most of the states with the lowest level of nonpayers are Obama states.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...8578a5e-012f-11e2-b257-e1c2b3548a4a_blog.html

When you put it that way....

The dems have the house. I guarantee it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wait a minute--he had a press conference and, instead of offering an apology, FIRMS his ridiculous stance?

WOW. This is far worse than the McCain campaign.

Can't wait for GOP Congressional/Senate candidates to start backing away from supporting him now. What a HUGE disaster for Romney.

Rob_

Neo Member
White House Says It's Unconstitutional To Strike Down The NDAA

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-administration-fights-for-the-ndaa-2012-9#ixzz26lpYIaCN

Judge Katherine B. Forrest permanently blocked the government from enforcing the National Defense Authorization Act, claiming it was too vague and would have a "chilling effect" on free speech.

And now the Department of Justice is calling Forrest's ruling "unprecedented," arguing that the government has long had the authority to detain anyone it deems a threat to the county, The Wall Street Journal's Law Blog reported Friday.

Why is the obama administration so awful..

kehs

Banned
I'll clear it up in the future....not right now during the press conference to clear it up

At the very end, did he just say he'll say what people want to hear cause they're giving him money?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Palin required no scrutiny beyond a functioning mic.

Problem is as much the message as the messenger.

Snake

I take back my comments saying this was a non-story. The escalation is significant, and knowing Mitt he might just be getting started.

Chumly

Frankly with such a hasty shitty press conference he just hosted he might as well just slept on it and did a better one in the morning. Not like the morning shows aren't going to talk about it.

At this rate, Obama campaign should just buy lottery tickets with its campaign cash. Romney is doing everything to stop Romney from becoming the next President.

Tamanon

Banned
Frankly with such a hasty shitty press conference he just hosted he might as well just slept on it and did a better one in the morning. Not like the morning shows aren't going to talk about it.

Mitt is rapidly showing he's all about the late night awful response.

My initial thoughts were that if he dismissed the outrage, released a statement (on paper) and maybe gave an interview tomorrow afternoon this might blow away. At best, it could fire up his base who certainly believes that 47% of people "pay no taxes" as Kosmo would say.

After seeing the media's response, a couple things

1. It's pretty obvious the media doesn't like Romney, at all. I'm not even sure it has anything to do with politics
2. You could tell Romney was either embarrassed or angry.
3. Giving a press conference at 10PM is never a good thing. This will be news all week

Remember my post from earlier, about Romney keeping his nose down until the debate, winning it, and thus moving back into contention? Well you can throw that out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom