• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raine

My initial thoughts were that if he dismissed the outrage, released a statement (on paper) and maybe gave an interview tomorrow afternoon this might blow away. At best, it could fire up his base who certainly believes that 47% of people "pay no taxes" as Kosmo would say.

After seeing the media's response, a couple things

1. It's pretty obvious the media doesn't like Romney, at all. I'm not even sure it has anything to do with politics
2. You could tell Romney was either embarrassed or angry.
3. Giving a press conference at 10PM is never a good thing. This will be news all week

Remember my post from earlier, about Romney keeping his nose down until the debate, winning it, and thus moving back into contention? Well you can throw that out the window.

We threw it out the window the moment you posted it but thanks

ow5Us.jpg

Well, the crappy answers don't make sense (or it's the best he can do considering the situation), but he wants to get some clarification from him out before the big newspapers and morning shows tomorrow.

Have the campaign release a statement. Say something tomorrow afternoon.

Now that PC will be leading the news cycle when people wake up tomorrow morning.

Just...geez.

My initial thoughts were that if he dismissed the outrage, released a statement (on paper) and maybe gave an interview tomorrow afternoon this might blow away. At best, it could fire up his base who certainly believes that 47% of people "pay no taxes" as Kosmo would say.

After seeing the media's response, a couple things

1. It's pretty obvious the media doesn't like Romney, at all. I'm not even sure it has anything to do with politics
2. You could tell Romney was either embarrassed or angry.
3. Giving a press conference at 10PM is never a good thing. This will be news all week

Remember my post from earlier, about Romney keeping his nose down until the debate, winning it, and thus moving back into contention? Well you can throw that out the window.
We did that the moment you said it, PD.

Edit: Beaten by Raine.

No way. Romney would not have been put under the scrutiny that Palin was, plus once the economy collapsed McCain would've looked better when he had an "economic guy" on this team. There's no sugarcoating the Palin decision unless Mitt Romney LITERALLY takes a shit at the podium. Like, pants down and everything.

Would be the best thing that came out of him this week.

codhand

ROMNEY GETS REAL: OBAMA SUPPORTERS 'DEPENDENT ON GOVERNMENT' -Drudge Report

I beg you, please continue to fuck this chicken.

jiggle

lololol
that cameraman at the end cracked me up

but seriously what was the point of even holding that press conference

@AdamSerwer: Mitt wants the full video huh? Well don't worry, there's more to come.

this election officially kicks the last one's arse
all without Tinrah Felin

Have the campaign release a statement. Say something tomorrow afternoon.

Now that PC will be leading the news cycle when people wake up tomorrow morning.

Just...geez.

There has to be SOME idiot in the Romney campaign who is doing this. This guy (or bunch of guys) wants Romney to be front and center of everything. It happened when the Bain documents leaked, which showed Romney was employed till 2002. A hastily put together PC. Then it happened again last week with the Libyan embassy debacle, where Romney was out there in front of cameras before the WH could even issue a statement. Now it happened once again with the leak of fundraiser vid. A 10 pm presser can only spell despair.

Guys, forget about TV. This is going to be the frontpage of NYT, WSJ, USA Today, Chicago Tribune and Wash Post. This person who's making Romney do this doesn't have a clue about what he's doing, and has no idea how national media; both cable and print, operates. This isn't a primary season where such talks are brushed aside as political maneuvers and typical pandering to the right/left. This is the friggin election.

For some reason the McCain unraveling didn't seem this tangible. Yes, Palin was a disaster and he did suspend his campaign, but even so it felt like he was keeping it respectably close through the end.

This time around, it just feels like the wheels are completely coming off. And if they haven't yet, they will after the debates.

I cannot comprehend this decision to have the press conference at this time. It literally makes no sense to do it now. Can someone explain what possible reasoning the Romney campaign was operating under that made them believe they had no choice but to rush out a 2 minute press conference late at night? Talk about drawing undue attention to yourself, my god.

I mean, you'd have to go out of your way to reason that the ideal response isn't to wait and see how it develops and prepare something more substantive. It's like they learned the opposite lesson of the Embassy crisis. "Clearly the problem was we didn't respond fast enough and with less forethought."

For some reason the McCain unraveling didn't seem this tangible. Yes, Palin was a disaster and he did suspend his campaign, but even so it felt like he was keeping it respectably close through the end.

This time around, it just feels like the wheels are completely coming off. And if they haven't yet, they will after the debates.

I'm almost pissed that Obama has to debate this guy. What a fucking waste of time.

Amir0x

Banned
I cannot comprehend this decision to have the press conference at this time. It literally makes no sense to do it now. Can someone explain what possible reasoning the Romney campaign was operating under that made them believe they had no choice but to rush out a 2 minute press conference late at night? Talk about drawing undue attention to yourself, my god.

I mean, you'd have to go out of your way to reason that the ideal response isn't to wait and see how it develops and prepare something more substantive. It's like they learned the opposite lesson of the Embassy crisis. "Clearly the problem was we didn't respond fast enough and with less forethought."

I think this is a result of complete fear. Romney's camp knows this is bad, like seriously fucking bad.

RDreamer

Best I can think of is that they didn't want a whole other day talking about those comments specifically. At least with the press conference they might spend the day talking about Romney's explanation.

... yeah I don't fucking know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom