• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.
So on top of all this Jon Stewart and Bill O'Rielly are going to have a debate.

Mk1uf.gif

Romney is going to fire half his staff this week isnt he?

And try to launch a "new campaign"?

...and then Obama will tweet about how he likes to fire people.

Also, that above Obama picture tweet is incredible. I read the quote and thought " good statement" .....and then I saw the date.

Cyrillus

Fox News' coverage of the story:
From Fox News:
The Obama campaign on Monday criticized Mitt Romney for saying in a video clip that almost half of U.S. voters "believe that they are victims."
“It’s hard to serve as president for all Americans when you've disdainfully written off half the nation," said Jim Messina, campaign manager for Obama for America.
The clip appears on the website of the magazine Mother Jones and reportedly was taken at a private fundraiser. However, the exact time and place are unclear.
Romney defended himself Monday night, saying his comments were "not elegantly stated" and spoken "off the cuff in response to a question." He also called on the person behind the clip to put out the full video to show the larger context of the question and answer.
The clip has been on the Internet for weeks and came from an anonymous source.
"Mitt Romney wants to help all Americans struggling in the Obama economy,” said Gail Gitcho, the campaign’s communications director. “He is concerned about the growing number of people who are dependent on the federal government, including the record number of people who are on food stamps.”
Romney says in the video that 47 percent of voters support Obama and that they are dependent upon government and believe they are victims.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...seizes-on-romney-victims-video/#ixzz26mzsY6So
About as unbiased as you can get.

Chumly

Luckily for Obama I think Romney has an endless supply of Gaffes and crap in his past that were going to be busy right up until election.

Allard

Romney is going to fire half his staff this week isnt he?

And try to launch a "new campaign"?

...and then Obama will tweet about how he likes to fire people.

Also, that above Obama picture tweet is incredible. I read the quote and thought " good statement" .....and then I saw the date.

Fire his staff and let them loose to talk openly in the public about all the in fighting for another round of Mitt News cycle? Perfect idea why didn't I think of that! Mitt Romney could have won if he tried to become the invisible candidate, don't respond to people if you don't need to, always wait and adjust, let them unload early on and then attack after on policy. As a businessman he apparently didn't learn #1 lesson of PR disasters... you don't talk about PR disasters. You don't call attention to them like they mean anything, you let it dissipate till people get bored of the info and then go on the offensive from there, by doing a conference he makes the story a bigger event then it needed to be. I just don't understand how his campaign could be this inept, especially as a so called 'businessman'.

Puddles

Banned
I spent about 30 hours traveling and then about 18 hours sleeping. I wake up and find this page has exploded. Can someone give me a recap of what happened?

Fire his staff and let them loose to talk openly in the public about all the in fighting for another round of Mitt News cycle? Perfect idea why didn't I think of that! Mitt Romney could have won if he tried to become the invisible candidate, don't respond to people if you don't need to, always wait and adjust, let them unload early on and then attack after on policy. As a businessman he apparently didn't learn #1 lesson of PR disasters... you don't talk about PR disasters. You don't call attention to them like they mean anything, you let it dissipate till people get bored of the info and then go on the offensive from there, by doing a conference he makes the story a bigger event then it needed to be. I just don't understand how his campaign could be this inept, especially as a so called 'businessman'.

Its santorum all over again.

All he had to do what shut up and smile.

Thats it, just stand back and not talk.

I spent about 30 hours traveling and then about 18 hour sleeping. I wake up and find this page has exploded. Can someone give me a recap of what happened?

He tried to outdo his most recent romneyshambles with a single paragraph that alienates every american in the country.

And then he went on TV after 10pm to double down on it.

I spent about 30 hours traveling and then about 18 hours sleeping. I wake up and find this page has exploded. Can someone give me a recap of what happened?
He was caught on video accusing every Obama supporter of being welfare queens and repeating the tripe about 47% of Americans not paying income taxes.

In traditional Romney fashion his damage control was awkward and hilarious.

Puddles

Banned
I didn't know the board hated Brooks as well. Is there any conservative writer you guys like?

I like Brooks when he isn't trying to show how the Democrats are "just as bad" as the Republicans.

I've heard him make some good points on NPR a few times.

He was caught on video accusing every Obama supporter of being welfare queens and repeating the tripe about 47% of Americans not paying income taxes.

In traditional Romney fashion his damage control was awkward and hilarious.

Oh wow. Haha. Sounds like the Mittens I know.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face

I thought even worse than that was the "my job is not to worry about those people" line. As president, umm, yes it would be you disdainful piece of shit. I'm sure camp Obama will be having all sorts of fun with that in ads the next several weeks.

RDreamer

I thought even worse than that was the "my job is not to worry about those people" line. As president, umm, yes it would be you disdainful piece of shit. I'm sure camp Obama will be having all sorts of fun with that in ads the next several weeks.

I still think the worst line is the one about how he'll never convince those people to take personal responsibility and care for their lives...

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
After watching Romney basically campaign for president for 6 years now, and just seem to get progressively worse at it as he goes, I really have to wonder how he managed to succeed at anything else in life.

I still think the worst line is the one about how he'll never convince those people to take personal responsibility and care for their lives...
I think we can all agree that the only thing that could have made this video worse is if it took place at a strip club and he proclaimed that his first law passed as president would be to murder kittens.

KingGondo

Banned
I liked Brooks' column, but I hate when those with no personal knowledge of Romney claim "I think he's basically a good guy trying to be someone he's not."

How the fuck do you know what Romney is like, David?

After watching Romney basically campaign for president for 6 years now, and just seem to get progressively worse at it as he goes, I really have to wonder how he managed to succeed at anything else in life.
Its almost like he's expecting to have the presidency handed to him, because of his connections.

I liked Brooks' column, but I hate when those with no personal knowledge of Romney claim "I think he's basically a good guy trying to be someone he's not."

How the fuck do you know what Romney is like, David?
Hedging his bets? Always have to leave an out in case the wind dramatically changes. That and maybe its his idea of balance in an otherwise royal skewering.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Brooks gets brought on NPR all the time, and that's where much of my negative view is coming from.

I wish Brooks and Jon Huntsman would just bite the bullet and change sides.
Funny you make this post to one implying the opposite. Brooks may try to flirt with the other side, but he's definitely on the right.

He may be right on the facts as far as percent is concerned. But, it is the total disdain of those people, I mean he went as far to say they don't want to help themselves and I'm not going to worry about them. That's cold shit to be potential President of these United States and say fuck you, if yo don't vote for me.

Puddles

Banned
Funny you make this post to one implying the opposite. Brooks may try to flirt with the other side, but he's definitely on the right.

He's on the right, but you can feel the good in him. A conflict.

I wish Brooks would just decide he's had enough of the GOP and put an Obama bumper sticker on his car.

RDreamer

Boo, now I'm having a twitter fight with a right wing idiot claiming she was once one of the 47 percent but got out without any government help whatsoever. I was responding to her retarded tweet that 47 percent pay no taxes and that's how we can pay the debt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom