• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe its just me, think Romney is doing fine in the forum. Pretty similar to how I expect the debates would be. The big thing there would be if Obama manages to trip Romney up.

a0xe_uecqaanv-p.jpg

i wonder how his business is organized, who granted him permission to organize it that way, and what kind of nice benefits came along with it.

pigeon

Banned
The "47%" speech was given in the setting of a $50K a plate fundraiser banquet, by showing the video to the world it has been taken out of context.

This is true. It has been taken out of the context of a room where everybody believed it already.

I hope Romney gets torn down on his claim of gaining energy independence in 8 years.
That is a sleight of hand . . . his claims of independence are for North America . . . Canada and Mexico are included. But even that won't happen.

And it is not a good goal anyway . . . we should buy from the cheapest suppliers not just neighbors. The goals should be to severely reduce coal dependence (it is really dirty) and reduce oil dependence (it is largely imported and we are way too heavily dependent on it for transportation fuels), and to increase renewable energy (create jobs in a growing industry, it is clean, it puts us on a long term pathway for reduced fossil fuel usage, etc.)

The "47%" speech was given in the setting of a $50K a plate fundraiser banquet, by showing the video to the world it has been taken out of context.
It is partly that context that makes it so damaging. Hey common people . . . you know what Mitt Romney says about you when behind closed doors talking to his rich pals? Yeah, he says you don't have personal responsibility and don't care about your own life.

RDreamer

Wow, finally got my tickets. Long line. Thank god I had asked off tonight for something later, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to.

Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQyff5LpZwY

He makes the EXACT OPPOSITE ARGUMENT at the end. Like, 100% opposite to your link.

And no one calls him out on this.

Holy fucking shit. What a scumbag.

"Healthcare reform worked in Massachusetts but the president shouldn't have used it as a model for the nation. Immigration reform worked in Arizona so why hasn't the president used it as a model for the rest of the nation?"

States' rights!!!! (but only when I agree)

Obama is getting off a bit too easy now. He hardly needs to campaign at all. All he has to do is work away at his job and let Mitt self-destruct.

In a perfect world, this should have been blow out in the first place. The GOP is a party that is absolutely toxic to this country and have done everything they can to sabotage progress. They have no place in govt. esp. since they don't care about governing at all. And I am not going to be satisfied until Mitt gets laughed and booed out of the election.

Snake

Considering how bad things are going for the Romney campaign right now I am thinking they are going to get very desperate very soon.

Accordingly, I am moving the Whitey Tape Threat Level from mauve to fuschia.

Wray

If Hillary runs you might as well crown her, there's no politician in either party that can compare in stature and who will be eligible to run.

If Hillary ran, she'd not only win every state Obama won in 2008, but she'd also open more states in the south.

Tim-E

If Hillary ran, she'd not only win every state Obama won in 2008, but she'd also open more states in the south.

They were nuts about her here in WV in the primaries. I think it would definitely be in play if she got the nomination.

You know . . . I think his team does play 3-dimensional chess at times. Sure . . . look at this goofy picture.

A3Lak6GCMAAdQg9.jpg_large.jpg

But what did you think about? You thought
Obama . . . Pirate . . . Obama killed those Somali pirates. Obama's a bad ass.

President Barack Obama may not announce an official proclamation for International Talk Like a Pirate Day, but he was sure not to let the important day go unnoticed.
The campaign celebrated by posting this picture on Twitter with the caption, "Arrr you in?"
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/...onal-talk-pirate-day-193121889--election.html

Guevara

pigeon

Banned
Looks like Obama finally ticked back up 3 points in the November 6th forcast on 538.

He's at 95% on the nowcast, so you can see exactly how much of that is "fundamentals" of the economy and the assumption that Obama might still accidentally punch a white woman in the next two months.

Gruco

Banned
The electoral maps contrasting Hills vs Obama would be utterly fascinating. Obviously it'd be necessary to control for demographic trends, but they really did have very distinct coalitions. She'd make Appalachian and border southern states more competitive but probably lose something from minority and youth turnout. I guess the extent to which to Obama coalition holds after Obama is another interesting question.

Hills running in 2016 would also be the redemption point for the 2010 disaster in the Senate.

2014 is going to be interesting. 20-13 defense for Dems, but no top of the ticket to back them up.

jbug617

Banned
On twitter people are saying Rove and O'Reilly are trying to discredit the polls (I guess the Fox News poll also) saying that it always skewed to Democrats.

The electoral maps contrasting Hills vs Obama would be utterly fascinating. Obviously it'd be necessary to control for demographic trends, but they really did have very distinct coalitions. She'd make Appalachian and border southern states more competitive but probably lose something from minority and youth turnout. I guess the extent to which to Obama coalition holds after Obama is another interesting question.

The Clintons did very well with black voters when not facing Obama, and Hillary was very popular with Latin American voters in 2008, so I'm not sure how much of that she really loses with minorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom