• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananas

Banned
Yes....you have seen the episode, right?

Also it was more for the second image, but it's just so damn funny I figured to include the first one too.

No, haven't really watch much of the Simpsons.

It's the American embassy in Australia. Legally American soil.

embassies - how do they work?

Yeah, I probably should've realized. Wasn't really thinking.

Showing your age.
I would argue I was showing my stupid moreso than my age.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...ws-in-th_n_1899889.html?icid=hp_front_top_art

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/dot-look-now-but-msnbc-is-beating-fox-news-in-primetime_b146534

Last night, for the second night in a row, MSNBC beat Fox News in primetime (8-11pm) in the key adults 25-54 demo. On Monday MSNBC averaged 471,000 demo viewers to Fox News Channel’s 469,000. On Tuesday, MSNBC drew 575,000 demo viewers, to FNC’s 526,000. We will have the full ratings numbers in The Scoreboard a little later on.

I said gotdamn.

Durask

Something like self-deportation?

Dammit, beaten like a serf. ;P

Also, for all this talk of Obama's relations or contact with radicals it sure as hell doesn't show in his actions as president over his first term, which you'd think would count for something. The guy is a moderate, but that undigestible truth just seems to blow the gaskets of the far right.

So far he's been pretty moderate, sure, he's not Kucinich or Waters, I am not denying it.
However we'll see what he'll do if the democrats do get a landslide win across the board.

P.S. May I post in the PS Vita thread, pretty please???

Dude Abides

Banned
I wonder if Romney might be cratering too early and the media cycle is going to turn and he'll be on the rebound on election day. It's hard to imagine this downward momentum keeping up.

Diablos

I wonder if Romney might be cratering too early and the media cycle is going to turn and he'll be on the rebound on election day. It's hard to imagine this downward momentum keeping up.
Very true. It's still September, yo. Sprinkle in a surprisingly good Romney debate performance and he's back on his feet.

Tim-E

Someone pointed out that this leaves room for a "Mitt's comeback" narrative. I could see them running with it, but this campaign has proven that they don't know how to take advantage of anything.

I feel like Romney will just keep saying stupid shit.

If he wants to blame Obama at the debates for Stevens' death or try and pull the 47% card on him, Obama's bounce isn't going nowhere.

They're waiting for an Obama screw up. It seemed like Libya could be that moment (given the warning the embassy received) but Mitt took that off the front page with his 47% comment. Until that happens the narrative will continue being Romney's downward spiral.

So far he's been pretty moderate, sure, he's not Kucinich or Waters, I am not denying it.
However we'll see what he'll do if the democrats do get a landslide win across the board.
What exactly is the fear? What do people worry that he'll try to push in his second term? What radical ideas?

Tim-E

Nah, at some point he'll figure something out.

Don't blow your load too early, Poligaffers. This ain't over yet.

He's been running for office for 18 years and in the most important campaign in his life he's spent a year squandering any oppertunity he's had and proving that he and the people around him do not know how to run a campaign.

His campaign has been a complete trainwreck from its inception.

The only way Romney can win is if the economy craters all of a sudden. A while ago I would have said "or a terrorist attack" but given his reaction to Libya, I imagine he'd blow it in that instance too.

Tim-E

His campaign has been a complete trainwreck from its inception.

The only way Romney can win is if the economy craters all of a sudden. A while ago I would have said "or a terrorist attack" but given his reaction to Libya, I imagine he'd blow it in that instance too.

A terrorist attack helped the last incumbent win re-election.

He has done nothing to show that he can shift momentum in his direction despite several opportunities. He has fumbled nearly every kickoff he has tried to field. So nothing that has happened has demonstrated that he is capable of taking control of not only his campaign but the election in general. He needs outside forces (and large ones of plenty) for things to shift his way. So if he is banking on major unforseen circumstances, he will not actually figure it out.

A terrorist attack helped the last incumbent win re-election.
Do you mean the OBL video, because that was the only thing before the 2004 election.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Romney has had at least 6 years of campaigning to fix his problem with unforced errors and hasn't shown any real awareness of that problem, so he isn't going to suddenly get it with 1 month left.

On one hand, it seems weird that Gallup has shown the bounce completely erode and even reverse. Doesn't make much sense.

I can understand most of the bounce going away because they don't see the jump being in voter enthusiasm for Obama, but just that it goes to tied is strange. Sure, it's within the error margin, but the trend is what seems to be odd. I thought Gallup would be more bullish than Ras right now.

On one hand, it seems weird that Gallup has shown the bounce completely erode and even reverse. Doesn't make much sense.

I can understand most of the bounce going away because they don't see the jump being in voter enthusiasm for Obama, but just that it goes to tied is strange. Sure, it's within the error margin, but the trend is what seems to be odd. I thought Gallup would be more bullish than Ras right now.

Considering the shit creek Romney is waddling in for the past two weeks, it's pretty safe to say Gallup numbers are bunk.

Tim-E

When you have campaign co-chairs, prominent conservatives and Republican elected officials are trying to put distance between themselves and their candidate for President, things aren't looking so good. When your base's response to getting beaten in the polls is "every poll is wrong and biased," something is wrong. When you have to rely on pandering to your base when you get hammered in the media after your convention, something is wrong.

The economy is still murky and a decent candidate should've been able to hammer an incumbent over this. The republicans have a candidate who comes off like an 80s movie villain who wants to shut down the orphanage. He doesn't like having to do things other Presidential candidates do like "answer questions" and can often come off as hot-headed anytime it's a question he doesn't like. This guy is a dreadful candidate in every sense.

Durask

What exactly is the fear? What do people worry that he'll try to push in his second term? What radical ideas?

Massive growth of entitlement spending followed by massive tax increases (I am not talking about Obama per se but about the Democratic Party as a whole)

OT: why the f*** do I have to pay more taxes while this county has 900 bases around the world. Supporting both left wing and right wing entitlement is great fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom