• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farmboy

I wasn't expecting it, but Warren's doing good. I can tell why Brown was trying to skip this.

Yep. I thought it was wishful thinking on the part of the liberal blogs et al when they speculated that Brown was angling to avoid this. Now it seems more than plausible. Talk about an empty suit.

pigeon

Banned
I might be too biased, and in fact I probably am, but I feel like Warren's sticking it to Brown on the party-line votes is landing -- he just tries to dodge the topic every time, and Warren spends her time every time redirecting back to the votes he's already made. If she can get people to think of Brown as a Republican first and a Masshole second, he's toast.

edit: Also, that smirk is not a winner.

Paches

Good argument Brown, we need to keep the oil subsidies alive because times are tough. Yeah, 100B+ in profits is real tough.

tranciful

Warren should have countered Brown's claims that he's "never voted to raise taxes" by bringing up his allowing 98% of taxpayers taxes to rise again

KingK

I'm sold on Warren.

Warren 2016 if Hilldebeest doesn't run.

No way, she'd get destroyed. I like Warren, but she's doesn't seem like a very skilled politician. She's struggling to win Massachusetts as a Democrat in a Presidential election year. No way in hell she could ever win the presidency.

pigeon

Banned
Warren should have countered Brown's claims that he's "never voted to raise taxes" by bringing up his allowing 98% of taxpayers taxes to rise again

Bwuh, she did repeatedly.

"I'm sorry I didn't vote for your boss." Man, he really is a Masshole. I feel like the "beating up on old ladies" thing might not play well for him either.

@mattyglesias said:
If I were Warren, I'd note that Romney used to be an oh so moderate MA Republican before showing his true colors.

I think Warren has been pretty strong here, basically blunting all of the Brown's "I'm a moderate" arguments by just hammering his voting record.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It sucks that warren is sort of not the right candidate to go up against brown but goddamn he is irritating. Fight fire with fire. Nominate Ben affleck.

Farmboy

Holy shit was that answer terrible. That 'pitting women against their faith' line is just idiotic and yet he just kept repeating it.

So I'm still trying to figure out what the fear about Obama's pallin' around with radicals is supposed to suggest that he'd do in his second term. Unless its now his secret radical plan to do what he's been talking about all along and raise taxes for higher income earners to Clinton levels.

Growth (not maintenance) of existing entitlements and appearance of new ones.
Growth and maintenance is an unease I can understand, although I'm not sure which new ones are being worried about. Healthcare reform has been Obama's signature issue, and its now about implementation and focusing on strategies to reduce costs.

So I guess I'm no closer to understanding the fear/radicalism axis of thought.

Erin Burnett is having a go at John Snu snu. Can someone tell me how this bloviating blowhard became governor of NH? I'm beginning to think NH is made up ex-CEOs, executives, directors, company presidents and VPs who got a golden parachutes in their companies.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Just tuned in to the debate.....is Professor Warren losing her voice or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom