• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-E

It all goes to Mitt Romney.

Hey GAF, I voted today! First time in a presidential election. Filling in that circle next to Obama's name felt so good, man.

It felt even better filling in the circle next to the anti-gay marriage amendment.

After the county required me to basically jump through flaming hoops I got registered to vote where I currently live. I will be part of the 35% that votes for Obama in this state, damn it!

Milabrega

Just a reminder for everyone; ""I don't pay more than are legally due and frankly if I had paid more than are legally due I don't think I'd be qualified to become president," Romney said. "I'd think people would want me to follow the law and pay only what the tax code requires.""

Loudninja

Scott Walker Expresses ‘Frustration’ With Romney Campaign
“I thought [picking Ryan] was a signal that [Romney] was getting serious, he’s getting bold, it’s not necessarily even a frustration over the way Paul Ryan’s been used but rather in the larger context. I just haven’t seen that kind of passion I know Paul has transferred over to our nominee, and I think it’s a little bit of push-back from the folks in the national campaign. But I think for him to win he’s gotta [do] that.

“They not only need to use [Ryan] out on the trail more effectively, they need to have more of him rub off on Mitt because I think Mitt thinks that way but he’s gotta be able to articulate that…I think too many people are restraining him from telling [his vision].”
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/scott-walker-expresses-frustration-with-romney-campaign

Diablos

lol...

So the key to winning is putting Ryan out there front and center? Last time I checked Romney was at the top of the ticket... what is it with the GOP thinking it's such a great fucking idea to bank on the VP now? First Palin, now Ryan.

If they have such a boner for Ryan then they should have been trying to conivnce him a long time ago to try and run for President.

Jackson50

Lynn Vavreck had an informative article in the NYT yesterday. As part of YouGov's Cooperative Campaign Analysis Project, she's been polling undecided voters since the beginning of this year. As undecided voters have begun committing to a candidate, Obama's seen a decided acceleration in the trend. And since August, undecideds have broken for Obama at a greater rate. And contrary to conventional wisdom, Obama's not attracting undecided independents. Rather, he's stimulating Democratic partisans. Democrats are motivating their supporters better than Republicans. If I had to posit a cause, Obama's superior campaign infrastructure would be paramount.

20campstops-graph-blog480-v3.jpg

Romney is a genius. We had forgotten about his taxes, his mormonism and his offshore wealth, focusing instead on his other retarded shit. And now he sends out a giant reminder with more questions than answers.

Who is running his campaign? Blackberry?
PhoenixDark said:
A bunch of old polling data. I'd love to see those states re-polled now that Romney has revived his favorable numbers. I may have underestimated Romney, he just might be running a near perfect campaign so far.
Never forget.

Mitt doesn't take deductions because he wants the optics of paying a higher tax rate.
Buffet takes every deduction he can find, then complains he should pay more.

PoliGAF slams Mitt, attacks anyone who suggest Buffet should just pay more if he wants. Gotta love political discussion.

I know you know this but I feel like making sure it gets said so other people don't make the same shallow argument presented here: Warrent Buffet claim is that the rules are rigged against regular folks, that he doesn't think it's right that tax laws favor people like him over his secratary. His argument is not, I have so much money, if only there was a way I could give it to the government.

I like to use a video game analogy. Warrent Buffet is playing Halo and in the current patch the shotty is OP. He's winning the game 49-5 since he has the shotty. Sure, he is personally winning but no one is having fun, him since the game is too easy and everyone else because they keep getting shottgunned to the face. He is asking for developers to nerf the shotty to balance the game and make it fun for everyone.

Of course you already know this since it's been pointed out dozens of times. I'm just pointing this out for lurkers who read your posts and fall for your shallow arguments.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
After one of the debates, I remember they had a roundtable and Donna Brazile was saying how happy the Democrats were that Romney was getting the nomination, calling him the weakest one running. All the other pundits scoffed at that comment, myself included (especially since I think Bachmann and Cain were still in it at that point), but she just might have been right after all.

Romney is a very flawed candidate and it is only due to the absolute retardation of the Republican Party that he won the nomination.

PoliGAF slams Mitt, attacks anyone who suggest Buffet should just pay more if he wants. Gotta love political discussion.
Its never been about Buffet paying more voluntarily - its about the rates overall. Is this really the way your mind works? Say something and then ignore all responses?

You know what, nevermind.

Lynn Vavreck had an informative article in the NYT yesterday. As part of YouGov's Cooperative Campaign Analysis Project, she's been polling undecided voters since the beginning of this year. As undecided voters have begun committing to a candidate, Obama's seen a decided acceleration in the trend. And since August, undecideds have broken for Obama at a greater rate. And contrary to conventional wisdom, Obama's not attracting undecided independents. Rather, he's stimulating Democratic partisans. Democrats are motivating their supporters better than Republicans. If I had to posit a cause, Obama's superior campaign infrastructure would be paramount.
Doesn't that mean that Voter ID laws and their effects could have a very large effect on polling numbers vs people actually able to vote?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Mitt doesn't take deductions because he wants the optics of paying a higher tax rate.

I will laugh when people here are up in arms after Romney loses and he files an amended return to get his money back.

I...don't understand the contradiction here. In both cases people are saying that some people voluntarily contributing more doesn't address the underlying issues.

codhand

Not like he writes off his wife's horse or anything.

It was never even a contest who would win the nomination, of course every nominee was flirted with but the whole lot of them were a disgrace.

Jackson50

Doesn't that mean that Voter ID laws and their effects could have a very large effect on polling numbers vs people actually able to vote?
A large effect? No. The restriction laws apply to only a few states. And the campaign organization will be registering voters and educating them on the new restrictions. That is one of the benefits of having a strong campaign infrastructure. Conversely, the Romney campaign's weak organization is limiting its ability to stimulate voters and mitigate the new restrictions.
After one of the debates, I remember they had a roundtable and Donna Brazile was saying how happy the Democrats were that Romney was getting the nomination, calling him the weakest one running. All the other pundits scoffed at that comment, myself included (especially since I think Bachmann and Cain were still in it at that point), but she just might have been right after all.

Romney is a very flawed candidate and it is only due to the absolute retardation of the Republican Party that he won the nomination.
No. Romney was the best. He may be fumbling on his tax returns. But the alternatives would have been even more extreme and prone to gaffes. It's because of the absolute retardation of the Republican Party that he was the best candidate.

kehs

Banned

I will laugh when people here are up in arms after Romney loses and he files an amended return to get his money back.

Common denominator is the availability of the deductions and loop holes.

I don't get this. Your candidate is losing...so you throw him under the bus? Why not just say "I think the campaign should use Ryan more." Boom, you criticize without being negative. The media is just gonna jump on words like "frustrating" and add this to the narrative that your candidate sucks and his own party doesn't like him...

Like I said, Romney will have a Nixonian enemies list if he wins.

I don't get this. Your candidate is losing...so you throw him under the bus? Why not just say "I think the campaign should use Ryan more." Boom, you criticize without being negative. The media is just gonna jump on words like "frustrating" and add this to the narrative that your candidate sucks and his own party doesn't like him...

Like I said, Romney will have a Nixonian enemies list if he wins.

Especially since Romney is running the perfect campaign.

Guevara

The GOP is going to be in full "Saving Privatization Ryan" mode pretty soon, at the expense of the Romney campaign.

I predict people will be tripping over themselves to say the ticket should be reversed, that Ryan has ideas, that Romney screw this up, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom