• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
early voting line at a location in Iowa this morning..

A3znSkACUAAUXYn.jpg

keep your eye out for the club wielding black panthers...

What the crap, long lines for early voting.. why?

pigeon

Banned
This ad made me laugh for some reason, I'm sure its effective but there's not really a message there. Its just "look what Mitt Romney said". I was expecting a rebuttal at the end but I guess the Obama camp just wants this audio out there more.

Well, the message is in the juxtaposition -- "these are the 47% he's talking about -- single moms, veterans, factory workers." Kuleshov effect, Chicago style.

But, yeah, I mean. Unfortunately for the Romney campaign, Romney speaks for himself.

GhaleonEB

Well, the message is in the juxtaposition -- "these are the 47% he's talking about -- single moms, veterans, factory workers." Kuleshov effect, Chicago style.

But, yeah, I mean. Unfortunately for the Romney campaign, Romney speaks for himself.

Yup. It's simply pointing out who Romney is talking about. His remarks require little interpretation, and send a pretty strong message on their own.
Didn't the Romney camp already say the unedited clip was taken out of context? Back when it was originally posted by Mother Jones.

They tried, yes. Because the two half-hour segments have a 1-2 minute gap between them when the recording device turned off. No one bought it, though, and they won't here.

Edit: it occurs to me that there is a second juxtaposition with the video. Romney is running the ad where he looks right into the camera and talks about how much he cares about the poor. So the Obama camp is replaying his words verbatim to counter that, contrasting what Romney says in public with what he says in private. They're running in pretty much the same states, IIRC.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
OK I just saw this video where Mitt is now touting Romneycare again... What the hell man, get your positions straight.

Gotta remember this is quantum Romney we are talking about.

Hey I was in a parking lot at a store and it was filled to the brim with cars with Romeny Bumper stickers recently.

It was a Gun Store

I wonder what the gun show next weekend will be like, anyone want me to take pics
]

I'm just a lurker here mostly but I'd like to see you take pics at the gun show. Should be worth a few laughs.

Zzoram

This level of delusion and hate can only end in violence.

It will.

Remember when the GOP were regularly putting bullseyes on DNC campaign HQs and Dem Rep. faces early after Obama's election? Then someone shot Giffords in the head and they finally stopped, although they never admitted that they were inciting violence.

I'm surprised that all the violence baiting by the GOP with constant talk of "revolution", "government is coming to take your guns by force", and "we need to take back this country (from the minorities)" hasn't incited more violence yet. Maybe it's because people were hoping Obama would just lose the election and go away.

I'm just a lurker here mostly but I'd like to see you take pics at the gun show. Should be worth a few laughs.

Yeah the political stuff is goofy, but luckily at the one I'm going to it's mostly good stuff for sale, notwithstanding the tacky t-shirts, bumper stickers, or iodine tablets (though that guy always has great deals on 223 and 45ACP). It's a lot of fun if you've never been to one, it's almost like going to a museum..since one guy is always trying to sell his STG-44, and one guy had a transferable MP5 and we chatted about movie guns and prop houses. I'd say the cool and useful stuff outweighs the crap tables 10 to 1 if not more.

I'm going to go on a limb and guess that it'll involve guns.
Yes...but you quoted the wrong one. lol

It will.

Remember when the GOP were regularly putting bullseyes on DNC campaign HQs and Dem Rep. faces early after Obama's election? Then someone shot Giffords in the head and they finally stopped, although they never admitted that they were inciting violence.
Except in that case it didn't. Jared was really just bonkers about grammar. It was devoid of any real political connection.

Zzoram

It strikes me as laying the foundation for justifying vote suppression. IE if it's ok for democrats to fake poll results and run negative ads, it's perfectly ok to purge people from voter rolls and check IDs!

That actually makes sense. Voter suppression is quite vile so there needs to be some way for people to justify their support of it.

Veritas_

This is the best possible use of the audio clip, IMO. No need to slice and dice - just play it, from now through election day. Very smart ad.

And there's no way Romney's camp can complain about being taken out of context or whatever, there are no edits: just the entire segment.

Yup. The shot of "Believe they are entitled" over the veterans is just brutal.

Forever

Banned
It will.

I'm surprised that all the violence baiting by the GOP with constant talk of "revolution", "government is coming to take your guns by force", and "we need to take back this country (from the minorities)" hasn't incited more violence yet. Maybe it's because people were hoping Obama would just lose the election and go away.

Manos will protect us with his arsenal.

Cheebo

Banned
It strikes me as laying the foundation for justifying vote suppression. IE if it's ok for democrats to fake poll results and run negative ads, it's perfectly ok to purge people from voter rolls and check IDs!

When you think about it it makes no sense. Who pays attention to poll results? Political junkies. The very type of people who will always vote no matter what. The wishy-washy voters who might skip presidential elections aren't going to be reading up on the latest poll results and refreshing Gallup every day.

I wonder how easy it'd be to make a Greasemonkey script that actually replaces his posts with that text.

(Probably easier than winning a presidential election with equal funding against the current Republican Party!)
It's going to make the non-gun threads look funny, especially since I would think it wouldn't work on the thread title. lol

At this point, I just read Manos posts as:
Hey, what can I say I find economics boring...and besides not everything I post is about guns. lol Really lets look at the first page that comes up from find threads post by me. It may seem like it's all I post about, but it's not. lol

University Is Uneasy as Court Ruling Allows Guns on Campus ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
Manos: The Hans of Fate
Today 12:24 PM
by Manos: The Hans of Fate
514 15,078 Off-Topic Discussion

Prince Phillip vs 50 Cent: Who is the Master Troll? [OT]
Today 12:09 PM
91 7,309 Off-Topic Discussion

Is Gun Control in the United States Racist in Origin? ( 1 2 3 )
Today 11:54 AM
by pigeon
208 5,909 Off-Topic Discussion

Rifftrax [OT] Some Movies Have it Coming
Today 08:20 AM
by rezuth
44 1,044 Off-Topic Discussion

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 September 25th!
Today 07:34 AM
by Naked Snake
73 5,944 Off-Topic Discussion

Nothing like some Southern Comfort to relax and by that I mean....
Yesterday 07:15 AM
31 1,633 Off-Topic Discussion

Philadelphia Police Officer Needs to Work on How to Clear a Firearm
09-25-2012 11:47 PM
27 1,222 Off-Topic Discussion

Mystery Science Theater 3000 |OT|: We Put Our Faith in Blast Hardcheese ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
09-24-2012 09:43 PM
by Bolt Vanderhuge
1,314 40,597 Off-Topic Discussion

NFL Films President Steve Sabol diagnosed with brain tumor
09-23-2012 06:01 PM
by nateeasy
35 1,382 Off-Topic Discussion

The Birther Issues of Geroge Romeny and John McCain
09-22-2012 05:52 PM
0 239 Off-Topic Discussion

US Spends $70000 on Pakistain Ad Denouncing Youtube Trailer ( 1 2 3 )
09-21-2012 08:44 AM
204 7,715 Off-Topic Discussion

M1 Garand [OT] *PING* aka Thanks Canada!
09-20-2012 01:42 PM
by Vilix
56 1,573 Off-Topic Discussion

The Top 20 Guns Sold (by one dealer) in the US in 2012
09-20-2012 01:10 PM
by Vilix
31 1,355 Off-Topic Discussion

If you want to get the Bond 50 set and Universal Monsters Bluray set for cheaper...
09-20-2012 02:15 AM
by BigJonsson
24 1,572 Off-Topic Discussion

Check out my newest additions to my little pony collection!
09-19-2012 09:13 PM
by Lucian Cat
51 2,087 Off-Topic Discussion

Hunters increased 9% between 2006 and 2011 meaning more wildlife conservation ( 1 2 )
09-19-2012 08:55 PM
by LuchaShaq
108 3,835 Off-Topic Discussion

Is it wrong to want to get a Smith and Wesson Govenor?
09-18-2012 04:22 PM
52 1,915 Off-Topic Discussion

Islam and Adultery [OT] of We Need Some Flow Charts ( 1 2 3 )
09-15-2012 07:45 PM
by OttomanScribe
238 8,402 Off-Topic Discussion

FDIC: More Americans (8.2%) opting out of banking system
09-13-2012 07:31 PM
by Copernicus
29 1,277 Off-Topic Discussion

Naked, Bloody Man Gnawed On Woman’s Head During Wild Neighborhood Rampage
09-13-2012 04:50 PM
by Alligatorjandro
27 1,066 Off-Topic Discussion

Floridan Pulls Gun On Man While Having Sex In A Moving Car
09-12-2012 06:05 PM
by DukeBobby
36 2,104 Off-Topic Discussion

Jeremiah Johnson is damn fine movie.
09-10-2012 10:35 PM
by bengraven
23 625 Off-Topic Discussion

Can someone sell me on an Apple TV?
09-07-2012 02:12 PM
by The Albatross
70 2,062 Off-Topic Discussion

Hong Kong Action Cinema OT Lots of YouTube Videos and Lots of Corpses ( 1 2 )
09-07-2012 12:05 PM
118 11,939 Off-Topic Discussion

One Awesome T Shirt Sold For Only One Day: RIPT Appearl
09-06-2012 01:21 PM
by Guevara
7 411 Off-Topic Discussion

Can anyone help me id some trailer music?
09-05-2012 03:24 PM
7 162 Off-Topic Discussion

Need a region free Bluray player that can handle 1080/50i PAL.
09-05-2012 12:13 PM
3 176 Off-Topic Discussion

Is there any decent Blu-rays of Nosferatu out?
09-05-2012 01:23 AM
by Steamlord
16 505 Off-Topic Discussion

Naked suspect shot by homeowner during attempted burglary
09-04-2012 09:40 PM
by Xarudace
38 916 Off-Topic Discussion

92 year old shoots and kills home invader... ( 1 2 )
09-04-2012 02:12 PM
by Mammoth Jones
181 8,730 Off-Topic Discussion

Which City Building Games made by the company Impressions are your top ones?
09-04-2012 11:08 AM
15 627 Gaming Discussion

Mermaids The Body Found
09-03-2012 08:12 PM
82 7,669 Off-Topic Discussion

Anyone else have fond memories of PRIDE Fighting Championship?
08-30-2012 08:57 PM
by ZoddGutts
58 1,083 Off-Topic Discussion

Jesus is back and he's Antonio Inoki
08-30-2012 07:05 PM
by daycru
8 860 Off-Topic Discussion

Human brains, hearts and other parts found in Florida storage unit
08-28-2012 10:07 PM
by DonMigs85
26 1,114 Off-Topic Discussion

So I'm about to start watching Star Trek TOS for the first time...
08-27-2012 09:42 PM
44 1,266 Off-Topic Discussion

NYPD: Empire State victims hit by police gunfire ( 1 2 )
08-27-2012 05:37 PM
by gatisimo
177 6,731 Off-Topic Discussion

So why has Obama gotten such a free pass on gutting NASA and the Space Program? ( 1 2 3 )
08-27-2012 04:05 PM
by SnakeswithLasers
264 10,171 Off-Topic Discussion

Reading Rainbow and DMX
08-27-2012 02:44 AM
by Syph Medwes
21 910 Off-Topic Discussion

In case you ever wondered why Fallout went from the Gold Standard to Bottlecaps...
08-26-2012 09:30 PM
25 3,067 Gaming Discussion

Republicans start huffing some of Ron Paul's paint thinner and start investigating.. ( 1 2 )
08-26-2012 10:35 AM
by Flatline
114 7,324 Off-Topic Discussion

Woman accused of injecting heroin while driving
08-23-2012 02:42 PM
by Joni
15 732 Off-Topic Discussion

Bombmaker's behavior described as 'odd'
08-23-2012 10:21 AM
0 119 Off-Topic Discussion

Man wielding sword in Dairy Queen dies after being shot by employee ( 1 2 3 )
08-22-2012 09:17 PM
by out0v0rder
272 12,015 Off-Topic Discussion

Law and the Multiverse (Among other things Nolan needs a lawyer to read scripts)
08-22-2012 02:01 PM
6 627 Off-Topic Discussion

Does anyone have any unused Digital Copy Code they want to sell?(Code Selling Thread)
08-22-2012 12:09 AM
by vincent vega
23 700 Off-Topic Discussion

Delaware Daycare Employees Arrested For Encouraging Toddlers to Fight Each Other
08-21-2012 12:03 AM
by JHall
3 194 Off-Topic Discussion

H.P. Lovecraft-Age [OT] If It Ain't Weird, It Don't Belong In Here! ( 1 2 3 )
08-20-2012 06:41 PM
by Melchiah
233 13,809 Off-Topic Discussion

Accused Walmart Groper Told Cops He Was Powerless Against An Enticing "Booty" G-A-F
08-13-2012 05:15 PM
by Milchjon
58 2,725 Off-Topic Discussion

Herman Yau and Anthony Wong's Ebola Syndrome: The Greatest Christmas Movie Ever!
08-12-2012 08:35 PM
4 240 Off-Topic Discussion

ToxicAdam

PA? At this point in the game?

He's run out of Ohio cities and towns to visit? I would imagine the Obama campaign is going to run into the same problem towards the end.

Speaking of Ohio, I received 4 political-related calls just yesterday. Upping my total to 7 since Sunday night. This election is going to suck.

It will.

Giffords' shooting had nothing to do with right wing vitriol but I agree with your general point.

I've asked it many times: when you argue someone is a threat to America, doesn't understand or like America, sympathizes with our enemies, is a threat unseen before...what exactly are you saying? You are basically saying the president is a domestic threat, and there are tons of fringe people out there who hear that and firmly believe it; to make matters worse, there are very mainstream republicans who are giving legitimacy to these ideas.

Presidents are pretty safe in modern times due to Secret Service but congress folk don't have that security. If dems win big again what's to stop some people from determining that the only way to "save America" is through violence? And of course if that happens the next step will become "now they're trying to use this to take away our guns!" It's a never ending cycle. Luckily it's been rather tame over the last 4 years, but in the 90s we saw multiple cases of right wing violence.

Forever

Banned
I wonder how much of Obama's boost in the polls over the last week or two has been directly due to the 47% shit.

If dems win big again what's to stop some people from determining that the only way to "save America" is through violence?

If the country didn't fall apart during desegregation I think we'll survive this, even if there are some rough patches. The FBI and such are on our side.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Nate Silver said:
Wednesday’s national polls seemed to support the notion that Mr. Obama has a clear lead in the race. The Gallup national tracking poll gave Mr. Obama a six-point lead among registered voters, close to his high mark on the year in that survey. The online tracking poll conducted by Ipsos gave him a six-point lead among likely voters. Another online tracking poll, from the RAND Corporation, put Mr. Obama’s lead at roughly seven and a half percentage points, his largest of the year in that poll. And a national poll for Bloomberg produced by the pollster J. Ann Selzer, who has a strong track record, put Mr. Obama six points ahead.

The exception was the Rasmussen Reports tracking poll, which gave Mitt Romney a two-point lead among likely voters.

:lol

KingGondo

Banned
He's run out of Ohio cities and towns to visit? I would imagine the Obama campaign is going to run into the same problem towards the end.

Speaking of Ohio, I received 4 political-related calls just yesterday. Upping my total to 7 since Sunday night. This election is going to suck.
On one hand, it sucks that my vote is so meaningless since Oklahoma would vote for Hitler over Obama... On the other hand, at least I won't be bombarded by insane amounts of ads before election day.

reilo said:
Rasmussen's methodology makes the BCS computer polls look sound.

ToxicAdam

I wonder how much of Obama's boost in the polls over the last week or two has been directly due to the 47% shit.

I wouldn't make too much of it. The Romney campaign has been outspent (early on), out-campaigned (in the swing states) and had a tremendous amount of negative coverage leading up to that point.

Plus all the information I had seen said that most of the 'undecideds' were lean Obama. So, as they come around it was bound to help him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom