• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
@jeffreygoldberg said:
Okay, it's official: #Netanyahu has no idea what he's doing. He has just turned a serious issue into a joke.
With all the Jewish comic book talent out there, he had to draw a Wile E. Coyote bomb? #Netanyahu
Netanyahu's bomb cartoon is the Middle East equivalent of Clint Eastwood's chair.

You can't make this stuff up, you really can't.

Clevinger

Jennifer Rubin over at the Washington Post makes a good point
After Sept. 11, 2001, there were no terrorist attacks on the United States, but during your administration there have been the jihad-inspired Fort Hood massacre and the killing of four Americans in Libya, so isn’t your anti-terror record worse than Bush’s?

It seriously boggles my mind that someone gets paid to write shit like this

Dude Abides

Banned
It's a fact that they tried to exploit race politically. That much is not in dispute. The distinction is motivation and that is important when you're dealing with politicians who don't need any motivation beyond "I think this will give me an advantage."

It's a fact that they made harmless comments and the Obama campaign responded with hyperbolic outrage in an effort to exploit race. That's fairly standard politics, of course, but by the low bar you set it's actually "going crazy."

Forever

Banned
It's a fact that they made harmless comments

Edward Kennedy, in private conversations, did not consider them harmless. I am inclined to take his opinion over yours.

The Clintons had a race strategy. The Obama camp flipped it on them. Four years later, Clinton apologists are still crying about the outcome.

Your candidate and her husband dug that grave themselves. Don't blame Obama.

tIRca.jpg

This is begging for photoshops.

saelz8

@AriFleischer: Bibi's use of that chart was one of the most effective, gripping, uses of a chart I've ever seen. Is the world listening??

KuGsj.gif

Ari is a joke character.

Jennifer Rubin over at the Washington Post makes a good point

It seriously boggles my mind that someone gets paid to write shit like this
Do the first nine months not count or something?

Maybe Obama could use a mulligan on the jobs numbers until 2010, net gain of 5 million jobs, bow before your new god.

ToxicAdam

Edward Kennedy was a fucking sleazebag. Intentionally tanked health care under Carter so he wouldn't get the credit, then tanked the party by running against him in 1980 election. Not to mention what a glorious asshole he was in his youth.

Why doesn't the left ever mention this? Could you imagine someone of Kennedy's fame/esteem running against Obama this past year? The dude would be a pariah for life.

Forever

Banned
Edward Kennedy was a fucking sleazebag. Intentionally tanked health care under Carter so he wouldn't get the credit, then tanked the party by running against him in 1980 election. Not to mention what a glorious asshole he was in his youth.

Why doesn't the left ever mention this? Could you imagine someone of Kennedy's fame/esteem running against Obama this past year? The dude would be a pariah for life.

I think Ted was a dick but you won't find a better politician. He is supremely credible as far as political assessments are concerned.

Also he destroyed Nitt Nomney.

Dude Abides

Banned
Edward Kennedy, in private conversations, did not consider them harmless. I am inclined to take his opinion over yours.

The Clintons had a race strategy. The Obama camp flipped it on them. Four years later, Clinton apologists are still crying about the outcome.

Your candidate and her husband dug that grave themselves. Don't blame Obama.

I supported Obama in the primaries over Clinton, I just don't think he shits gold and am therefore able to understand that calling the Clintons racists is fairly shabby and as much a "freak out" as anything that Hillary did. It's not clear why you brought up private conversations when we're talking about campaign reactions anyway.

Forever

Banned
I supported Obama in the primaries over Clinton, I just don't think he shits gold and am therefore able to understand that calling the Clintons racists is fairly shabby and as much a "freak out" as anything that Hillary did.

Now we're going in circles because earlier you basically alleged that Game Change is possibly fictional and refuse to acknowledge the evidence that the Clintons were deliberately running a race strategy from the beginning of the primaries. Absurd. It's a matter of record and will forever be so.

The only thing that clinton did in the primaries that id call panic mode is the fake tears. I cant really remember any other flagrant instances, keeping in mind that a losing campaign always gets a little desperate and ends up having disadvantage in perception. But perhaps i wasnt following close enough...

Dude Abides

Banned
Now we're going in circles because earlier you basically alleged that Game Change is possibly fictional and refuse to acknowledge the evidence that the Clintons were deliberately running a race strategy from the beginning of the primaries. Absurd. It's a matter of record and will forever be so.

The evidence of the race strategy is private conversations. We're talking about campaign freak outs, in case you've forgotten. If you think you can make the case the case that "fairy tale," or any of the other molehills that Obama campaign tried to turn into a KKK mountain, is a racist phrase, please feel free.

Loudninja

What kind of logic is this?
JEFFERSON CITY – More than a month after his comments about “legitimate rape” nearly derailed his campaign for U.S. Senate, Republican Todd Akin said Thursday that it has become clear to him that he will triumph over Democratic incumbent Sen. Claire McCaskill this fall.

Part of his confidence, he said, comes from McCaskill's demeanor during their debate last week, which he said was not as "ladylike" as it was when she faced off with Republican Jim Talent in 2006.

“I think we have a very clear path to victory, and apparently Claire McCaskill thinks we do, too, because she was very aggressive at the debate, which was quite different than it was when she ran against Jim Talent,” Akin said. “She had a confidence and was much more ladylike (in 2006), but in the debate on Friday she came out swinging, and I think that’s because she feels threatened.”
http://midwestdemocracy.com/article...claire-mccaskill/#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

Forever

Banned
The evidence of the race strategy is private conversations. We're talking about campaign freak outs, in case you've forgotten. If you think you can make the case the case that "fairy tale," or any of the other molehills that Obama campaign tried to turn into a KKK mountain, is a racist phrase, please feel free.

Those statements were part of the Clinton strategy. Obama called them on it. He has been vindicated by history. End stop.

Cloudy

Banned

Thing is, Carter was not as liked by the base as Obama is. Also, Carter was primaried cos they thought he'd lose anyway. He had like a 30% approval rating!

If Obama's numbers were anything like that last year (He's never been below 40% as far as I know) someone might have tried to primary him. It'd have been shut down real fast though cos the Dems can't afford to have ALL their black voters stay home lol

Dude Abides

Banned
Those statements were part of the Clinton strategy. Obama called them on it. He has been vindicated by history. End stop.

You don't seem to have a very good grasp out what we're talking about. The issue is whether the Obama campaign's reaction to phrases like "fairy tale" were justified or "straight crazy." You'll note that the Clinton=Grand Wizard memo makes no mention of private conversations with Ted Kennedy. You see, if the issue is whether a reaction to statement A is "straight crazy" it does not advance the case to point to statement B which received no reaction.

I wouldn't think this difficult to understand but that's political fanboyism I suppose.

Don't think I even saw PD at the peak of his "Hillaryis44" fandom try to argue away the Clintons' white strategy.

Yea. I actually dropped my Hillary support during that ugly Ohio primary where her campaign circulated that "Obama in Muslim garb" photo. But even before then there were clear racial overtones in her general argument against Obama's candidacy, as well as his success. From Hillary constantly harping on her success with white voters to Bill's South Carolina/Jesse Jackson comment. It was pretty blatant. Bill can pretend like he was broadsided all he wants but his fingerprints were all over the strategy change that occurred once he effectively took over (after South Carolina).

Meanwhile the media savaged Hillary on sexist terms, and Obama didn't object. It's not surprising why Hillary was so upset: Obama pretended to run a clean campaign while his surrogates slammed Hillary, with an assist from the media. That doesn't justify their clearly racially motivated campaign but I do understand why Hillary was so upset.

Perhaps the most heartbreaking thing is that Hillary really didn't have anyone to confide in during that campaign. I could tell she was lonely as her campaign imploded around her and Bill went on this selfish warpath. Who was there to comfort Hillary? No one. It makes me sad just thinking about it.

RDreamer

Perhaps the most heartbreaking thing is that Hillary really didn't have anyone to confide in during that campaign. I could tell she was lonely as her campaign imploded around her and Bill went on this selfish warpath. Who was there to comfort Hillary? No one. It makes me sad just thinking about it.

lol, goddammit PD

Forever

Banned
You don't seem to have a very good grasp out what we're talking about. The issue is whether the Obama campaign's reaction to phrases like "fairy tale" were justified or "straight crazy."

...And after the preponderate of evidence which I've already shown you that proves that the Clintons were deliberately running a race strategy, saying that they were politicizing race turns out to have been an entirely justified assertion. Your objection seems to be that the smoking gun that proves the Clinton strategy came in private conversations. That doesn't exonerate them; quite the contrary. Your denial of Game Change indicates to me that you just don't like truths that interfere with your preconceived notions.

pigeon

Banned

Okay, that's it. I call bullshit. You're not a real poster. Are you Kosmo in disguise? WHAT'S GOING ON AROUND HERE

Tim-E

Would you give five years of your life just to be there for her during the summer of 2008?

Cloudy

Banned
Anyone following Fox's latest scandal? Apparently they have confirmed with "intelligence sources" that the WH knew Libya was a terrorist attack from the start and totally unrelated to the Cairo protest and tried to cover it up. Basically the typical trumped up, "what did they know and when did they know it?" farce.

I see no other outlet reporting this so I guess these could be magical sources only Fox has access to.

What exactly would they have to gain by lying? I can understand them being wrong but intentionally misleading would be stupid.

Ecotic

Speaking of Edward Kennedy, I wonder what will become of Joseph Kennedy III after he wins election in Massachusetts? The guy's only 31 years old and appears to have far more potential than cousin Patrick Kennedy ever did, and I bet he'll run for the Senate in a few years after he's built the necessary reputation as a serious legislator.

He's good looking if you can get past the bias against red-heads these days. From articles I've read covering the race, he's a quiet man in more of the mold of Robert F. Kennedy. President Kennedy again? It's possible.

Brinbe

bahaha, Reid's simply had an amazing 2012, ever since they learned to grow a friggin backbone against that GOP opposition. I sincerely hope he and the rest of the dems don't lose this attitude post-election.
Yea. I actually dropped my Hillary support during that ugly Ohio primary where her campaign circulated that "Obama in Muslim garb" photo. But even before then there were clear racial overtones in her general argument against Obama's candidacy, as well as his success. From Hillary constantly harping on her success with white voters to Bill's South Carolina/Jesse Jackson comment. It was pretty blatant. Bill can pretend like he was broadsided all he wants but his fingerprints were all over the strategy change that occurred once he effectively took over (after South Carolina).

Meanwhile the media savaged Hillary on sexist terms, and Obama didn't object. It's not surprising why Hillary was so upset: Obama pretended to run a clean campaign while his surrogates slammed Hillary, with an assist from the media. That doesn't justify their clearly racially motivated campaign but I do understand why Hillary was so upset.

Mark Penn, of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom