• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

massoluk

Banned
They kinda overplayed the Biden card. They used it so much in the past 4 years, trying to portray him as a doofus, no one gives a shit about a little Biden gaffe anymore thinking it's just a doofus moment.

GOP, throwing so much shits against the wall in the past years that no more shit sticks in the election year.

norinrad

BOOM: Obama at 70% among Latino voters

Romney at 26%. No wonder Mitt is revisiting Dream Act.

They remembered, and that is why Obama will win. :)

captdfe2ef82b31f433a910e75d64f3d0d92obama_supreme_court_whre103.jpg

large_sonia-sotomayor-barack-obama-0526091.jpg

Clevinger

I honestly have no idea why people visit Drudge, or how he has actual influence.

His site is maybe the ugliest mainstream website I've ever seen, he almost never has any genuinely interesting scoops, and he's a blatant and moronic partisan hack. It makes no sense.

I honestly have no idea why people visit Drudge, or how he has actual influence.

His site is maybe the ugliest mainstream website I've ever seen, he almost never has any genuinely interesting scoops, and he's a blatant partisan hack. It makes no sense.

Have you ever spoken to a hardcore republican?

Or read youtube/yahoo comments?

Going off this PDF: http://cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/attachments/43373-06-11-HouseholdIncomeandFedTaxes.pdf this is how much percentage of income those tax increases are in 2009 dollars:

Bottom 20% - 1.75%
Second 20% - 2.84%
Third 20% - 3.09%
Fourth 20% - 3.77%
80-90% : 4.83%
90-95% : 4.70%
95-99% : 5.47%
99-99.9% : 9.88%

Pretty progressive hit. But add that with the payroll tax coming back to 6.2%, then your looking at 60% of the population losing 5% of their income to taxes. That's not good at all.

No, it's not. It's austerity. And it will predictably hurt the economy and employment. That's not even counting the spending cuts as the cherry on top.

http://www.thedailydolt.com/2012/10...gregants-walk-out-and-donate-to-her-opponent/

HAHAHA.

Best part.

Oh man, if somehow they can get Bachman out of Washington...

I... wow...

I'd be pretty pissed if she showed up at my synagougue's yom kippur services.

Why would she? I don't even get it, she may have had luck at an ultra orthodox service, but even with her views on Israel, she's not going to be seen as a friend of the jewish community.

Then again, I'm not sure if she'd like the visual of having to sit in the balcony for an ultra orthodox service.

Why doesn't Fox News just go all-in and doctor a video or audio tape with Obama saying he hates white people? Just release it 2 days before the election and by the time people verify that it's a fake, the damage will have already been done and President Romney can pardon anyone involved.

Don't give them any ideas.

I'm looking forward to what radical things Law Student Obama had to say.

... wait, is this just going to be that Key and Peel "Obama in college" skit?

Amir0x

Banned
If it were so important they wouldn't drop it right before the debates take over the news cycle.

I suspect they're actually hoping that it becomes such a story on Wednesday that the debates will be forced to address it, so that Romney's 47% comment won't exist in a vacuum.

I'm looking forward to what radical things Law Student Obama had to say.

... wait, is this just going to be that Key and Peel "Obama in college" skit?

Supposedly it's from 6 years ago so no. Since it's Hannity though I doubt it's anything as interesting as they suggest. the Breitbart video was a total fizzle if you remember, as was the last bombshell from Drudge about Redistribution.

I suspect they're actually hoping that it becomes such a story on Wednesday that the debates will be forced to address it, so that Romney's 47% comment won't exist in a vacuum.
mmmHmmm.

Or Romney just might mention that video "that's been going around". Election 2012 seems to be the video wars. I half expect election 2016 to be all about awkward social media posts - but maybe thats too soon.

http://www.thedailydolt.com/2012/10...gregants-walk-out-and-donate-to-her-opponent/

HAHAHA.

Best part.

Oh man, if somehow they can get Bachman out of Washington...

Gary Sircus said:
The holiness of the room and the holiness of the evening was greatly diminished for me, if not completely destroyed. Our congregation values and embodies tolerance, compassion, respect for individual rights, intelligence, science — all of the things that I think Michele Bachmann stands against.
*Zing*

SurveyUSA has Obama up 2 in NC. That state's officially as toss-up as it gets now, but another electoral fire the Romney campaign has to put out and Obama doesn't even need, regardless.

Loudninja

North Carolina Poll: Obama By 2 Points, 20-Point Advantage Among Early Voters
As in 2008, Democrats hold a sizable edge among early voters, but the GOP is making a concerted effort not to fall too far behind before Election Day. Conservative groups have pushed for absentee votes and plan get-out-the-vote efforts once early voting starts in a couple of weeks.

According to the poll, Obama has a 20-point lead among people who plan to cast early ballots. They accounted for 43 percent of those surveyed. Romney holds a 53 to 41 percent lead among those planning to vote on Election Day – 48 percent of those surveyed – and a 58 to 39 percent lead among the small number of people who will cast absentee ballots.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/north-carolina-poll-obama-by-2-points-20

Amir0x

Banned
Hannity is going to be all "October Surprise!" and everyone else is going to go "..."

Except PhoenixDark, who will say it is a game changer and that everyone should have went with Hillary because, I mean, obviously!

markatisu

Except PhoenixDark, who will say it is a game changer and that everyone should have went with Hillary because, I mean, obviously!

you forgot the few gaffers who are going to also say the media will eat it up and Obama will lose points so we all need to be on edge till the election

Zabka

If this was really bad I'd imagine the Obama campaign would be out ahead of it already.

I bet it's just more wasp-victimhood though.

Amir0x

Banned
Given Obama's positions and where he was 6 years ago, it'll probably just be him making a typically overly nuanced argument about race, where he tells whites that they need to take responsibility for their end of the racial tension problems in the country

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Supposedly it's from 6 years ago so no. Since it's Hannity though I doubt it's anything as interesting as they suggest. the Breitbart video was a total fizzle if you remember, as was the last bombshell from Drudge about Redistribution.

If it's from 6 years ago then it's nothing. You think McCain or Hildawg wouldn't have thrown it at him. Hannity please.

North Carolina Poll: Obama By 2 Points, 20-Point Advantage Among Early Voters

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/north-carolina-poll-obama-by-2-points-20

SurveyUSA has Obama up 2 in NC. That state's officially as toss-up as it gets now, but another electoral fire the Romney campaign has to put out and Obama doesn't even need, regardless.

I'm one of those early voters. Got a package notification in the email today, and I think it's my absentee ballot. I'll pick it up tomorrow!

Averon

The fact this "bomb shell" tape isn't blaring as a breaking news alert on Fox News right now, but instead is a Hannity exclusive, and the tape was made in 2007 when Obama was a senator and preparing to run for President tells me it's nothing. It'll get the GOP and Obama haters frothing, but swing voters/moderates--and pretty much the rest of the world--will likely, and rightly, ignore it.

GhaleonEB

Hannity is going to be all "October Surprise!" and everyone else is going to go "..."

This. We knew this shit was coming from the moment Obama's lead solidified.
The fact this "bomb shell" tape isn't blaring as a breaking news alert on Fox News right now, but instead is a Hannity exclusive, and the tape was made in 2007 when Obama was a senator and preparing to run for President tells me it's nothing. It'll get the GOP and Obama haters frothing, but swing voters/moderates--and pretty much the rest of the world--will likely, and rightly, ignore it.

Oh FFS, more of this shit. Sigh. I thought they at least had a private fundraiser video of their own. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom