• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone's been posting notes about the seasonal adjustments that skewed the summer numbers by a good margin (I can't remember who); apparently they wash through as of September. So it's possible we may be surprised.

Also, reading up on tonight's debate format...I think this favor's Obama's tendency toward longer answers:

Good moderator and format for the first debate.

Yea, makes sense, but I'm still going to expect bad numbers. ;).

Brinbe

Nice, someone in the media is actually paying attention... http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/duel-in-denver-debate-day-arrives-the-note/

ABC’s AMY WALTER: The most recent polling confirms what we’ve been hearing from the ground. Florida and Virginia remain tight, but Ohio continues to lean strongly toward Obama. Moreover, there’s also growing evidence that Wisconsin, the state that the Paul Ryan pick was supposed to put in play for Romney, is sticking with Obama. If Romney loses both Ohio and Wisconsin, he’d have to win every single other battleground state — North Carolina, Virginia, Nevada, Florida, Colorado, Iowa and New Hampshire — to win the Electoral College and to take the White House.
Just needs to nail down Iowa, which again, is looking likely based on those early voting trends/numbers.

omg, lol... http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/...iowa-to-play-for-obama/article?nclick_check=1
Singer/song writer Jon Bon Jovi is coming to Iowa to play music and promote President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign.

He will give free acoustical performances in Iowa City and Des Moines on Friday, according to campaign aides.

Entrance to the Iowa City event, at Hubbard Park at Iowa Avenue and Madison Street, begins at 3:30 p.m. Entrance to the Des Moines event, in Western Gateway Park at 12th and Locust streets, will begin at 6:45 p.m., a news release says. Tickets are available at Obama campaign offices in Des Moines, Iowa City and Cedar Rapids.

codhand

ABC’s AMY WALTER: The most recent polling confirms what we’ve been hearing from the ground. Florida and Virginia remain tight, but Ohio continues to lean strongly toward Obama. Moreover, there’s also growing evidence that Wisconsin, the state that the Paul Ryan pick was supposed to put in play for Romney, is sticking with Obama. If Romney loses both Ohio and Wisconsin, he’d have to win every single other battleground state — North Carolina, Virginia, Nevada?, Florida, Colorado?, Iowa? and New Hampshire? — to win the Electoral College and to take the White House.
Um

----

The real debate from OT

Romney

V

Obama

Let me be clear,

these both suck

Tim-E

A few good performances from Romney/Ryan in the coming debates, and it's definitely still a possibility for a Romney win, electoral math and all.

No. Obama could lose Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, Iowa, Colorado, AND New Hampshire and still win the election. The electoral math simply does not add up for Romney.

Tim-E

I'm glad that Obama doesn't even need Florida to win. The funny thing is that Romney has 0 realistic paths to 270 without it.

pigeon

Banned
Is Florida really tightening? I thought polls showed that Romney was losing the medicare message to Obama by significant numbers?

In this poll Obama is leading on Medicare by 5 but has a slight deficit on the economy, and still loses seniors solidly.

Zzoram

No. Obama could lose Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, Iowa, Colorado, AND New Hampshire and still win the election. The electoral math simply does not add up for Romney.

If Obama admits to being a Communist Muslim Atheist New World Order Manchurian candidate on TV, Romney would win.

Maybe Romney can bait him into a sarcastic admission then soundbite it to death on TV ads.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This media boogeyman on the left always strikes me as humorous since its almost a mirror of the right.

The right can't help but project all of its issues and insecurities onto the left. They do it constantly.

HylianTom

Banned
So what the snacking situation looking like for you guys tonight for the debates.

I'll be home from work about an hour before the debate, so it'll be dinnertime then.
On tonight's menu? Pork chops and lima beans!
And for dessert? A pint of Bluebell butter crunch ice cream. Mmm..

And it looks like Election Night will consist of us waiting for one state to be called out of FL/IA/CO/VA/NC/NV. Assuming that NH is gone for Romney, Obama will start off at 269EVs.

Forever

Banned
So what the snacking situation looking like for you guys tonight for the debates.

zingers.jpg

Republican Strategists don't like the tape release

http://www.buzzfeed.com/zekejmiller/republicans-fret-over-obama-tape-resurrection

“This hurts Mitt,” said 2008 Romney consultant Alex Castellanos, who has at times been a harsh critic of his current campaign. “Mitt's window to turn the economic debate around is tomorrow. And his alleged supporters just shit on it. An abysmally selfish and stupid event.”

Will be awesome to see Fox devoting all its time (I assume) to this tape now.

RDreamer

I'm just going to say right now I hate all of you that actually get to watch this live :(

Stupid work. Miss football every week and now this ;p

Puddles

Banned
My Public Policy department is having a big debate-watching party tonight. We mostly lean left. It should be fun.

On a side note, I'm taking a few classes at the MBA school, and those guys are much farther to the right. There are a few liberals, but the class average is definitely right of center. I'm taking a course called Government and Business from a libertarian who worked as an economic adviser for George H.W.

Tim-E

I hope our cable is working tonight. Our next door neighbor decided it would be a brilliant idea to cut down a 100 year old tree by themselves without notifying the electricity company or ourselves when it clearly would fall down and knock our power line out. Thankfully our house didn't catch on fire.

My parents invited me to watch the debate at the local Obama HQ here; it's a pretty nice place actually. I might be taking my show on the road fellas!

More than likely ill chicken out, stay home, and just eat snacks and watc online

GhaleonEB

I won't be watching the debate live tonight, but I will watch most if not all of it later. Partly because I'm going to be busy as hell at work, and partly because I tend to stress out too hard during such live events. I'll watch after when the verdict is in.

Also, the Onion really has been on fire lately.

Obama Camp Vows To Win Neighborhoods Where Romney Staffers Are Too Afraid To Go

COLUMBUS, OH—Entering the final month before the general election, sources within the Obama campaign announced today their new strategy of focusing on voters in neighborhoods where Romney staffers are too scared to go. “We’ve already pinpointed several low-income, primarily black and Hispanic neighborhoods that the Romney team has avoided at all costs,” said local Obama 2012 volunteer Jacob Fitzsimmons, describing efforts to get the president’s message out in high-crime, inner-city areas that most of Romney’s canvassers won’t even drive through. “Romney staffers that do travel to these areas are typically ineffective because they roll up their windows, lock their car doors, and get nervous when stopping at intersections. Additionally, we believe we can make tremendous strides in neighborhoods where Romney campaign volunteers are willing to go, but never past 6 p.m.” Members of the Romney camp countered this afternoon by saying they planned to redouble their efforts in gated suburban communities that would never allow Obama supporters to enter, let alone knock on doors.​

Well, the usual suspects are posting the video on facebook. I am still amused by those who proclaim to be independent and consider "both candidates to be shit," yet share news exclusively from Fox News. Dat Party ID embarrassment.

rSpooky

Well, the usual suspects are posting the video on facebook. I am still amused by those who proclaim to be independent and consider "both candidates to be shit," yet share news exclusively from Fox News. Dat Party ID embarrassment.

I have one of those on my FB..lol

Leunam

Does anyone have any good political test for determining leanings and ideal candidate? I'm looking at a few right now. One of my coworkers just became an American citizen, and he's getting all sorts of terrible answers from everyone else and I don't want to give him too many answers because I'm not as informed as I'd like to be.

gcubed

My parents invited me to watch the debate at the local Obama HQ here; it's a pretty nice place actually. I might be taking my show on the road fellas!

More than likely ill chicken out, stay home, and just eat snacks and watc online

i would donate for a video of you trolling everyone at your local Obama HQ.

Tim-E

Does anyone have any good political test for determining leanings and ideal candidate? I'm looking at a few right now. One of my coworkers just became an American citizen, and he's getting all sorts of terrible answers from everyone else and I don't want to give him too many answers because I'm not as informed as I'd like to be.

http://isidewith.com
http://politicalcompass.org

LOL I didn't know NeoGAF had it's own page on ISideWith.org
http://www.isidewith.com/results/9

SmokeMaxX

I won't be watching the debate live tonight, but I will watch most if not all of it later. Partly because I'm going to be busy as hell at work, and partly because I tend to stress out too hard during such live events. I'll watch after when the verdict is in.

Also, the Onion really has been on fire lately.

Obama Camp Vows To Win Neighborhoods Where Romney Staffers Are Too Afraid To Go

COLUMBUS, OH—Entering the final month before the general election, sources within the Obama campaign announced today their new strategy of focusing on voters in neighborhoods where Romney staffers are too scared to go. “We’ve already pinpointed several low-income, primarily black and Hispanic neighborhoods that the Romney team has avoided at all costs,” said local Obama 2012 volunteer Jacob Fitzsimmons, describing efforts to get the president’s message out in high-crime, inner-city areas that most of Romney’s canvassers won’t even drive through. “Romney staffers that do travel to these areas are typically ineffective because they roll up their windows, lock their car doors, and get nervous when stopping at intersections. Additionally, we believe we can make tremendous strides in neighborhoods where Romney campaign volunteers are willing to go, but never past 6 p.m.” Members of the Romney camp countered this afternoon by saying they planned to redouble their efforts in gated suburban communities that would never allow Obama supporters to enter, let alone knock on doors.​

Lol wtf? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

EDIT: Damn I got Onion'd. What's it say about the Romney campaign that I believe it though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom