• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

So I didn't want to make this post for some time, but figured I'd do it here first since this is where I've parked the majority of my time since I registered.

A few years back I was diagnosed with stage 4 thymic carcinoma. i was 28 at the time, worked out 4 times a week a the gym and at the peak of my health. didn't smoke, didn't do drugs.

conventional treatment held the cancer back until it reappeared in early 2011. i've been in treatment since to first - attempt to remove all traces of the disease through a clincial trial and surgery, and when that failed treat it as a chronic disease treatable through chemotherapy.

I think I've finally entered the stage where my body is saying no more. no, my doctor and i haven't mentioned the word 'terminal' yet, but it's expected going by the survival rates to my cancer and its current progression. i've been on oxygen therapy since mid August after the disease teamed up with my chemo treatment and the flu to escalate whatever damage is already occurring to my lungs and heart. although i am still undergoing chemo and have hope that a new trial drug just opened for me, i don't know how much longer my body can take. i've barely left the house in 2 months except to go to the hospital as it's a struggle on my lungs, chest and core to walk while feeling oxygen deprived. I've gone from taking mass transit to my work and chemo appointments in February, to taking cabs to them in June, to now not being able to leave the house at all. That's not progress.

This thread has provided hours of entertainment over the years, much to my girlfriend's consternation in 2008. Thanks for the spirited debate, guys. I don't recognize a lot of you here, but I still see some of the standbys. I hope I provided some insightful commentary in the past.

I'll still post when I can. Don't treat me like a ghost when i do.

you can reach me at endless17@gmail.com for any correspondence. otherwise IM.

I can't even begin to fathom what you're going through. You're one of my favorite GAFers and have enriched PoliGAF and the entire forum as a whole, for years. Best wishes.

besada

Banned
Man, Scorcho, you made me cry at work. It's terrible to hear that things aren't going well. I haven't been posting much for reasons I mentioned awhile back, but you were one of my regular favorites back when I was in here every day.

You're much, much too young to have to go through this. If there's anything I can do in real life to help out, let me know.

So I didn't want to make this post for some time, but figured I'd do it here first since this is where I've parked the majority of my time since I registered.

A few years back I was diagnosed with stage 4 thymic carcinoma. i was 28 at the time, worked out 4 times a week a the gym and at the peak of my health. didn't smoke, didn't do drugs.

conventional treatment held the cancer back until it reappeared in early 2011. i've been in treatment since to first - attempt to remove all traces of the disease through a clincial trial and surgery, and when that failed treat it as a chronic disease treatable through chemotherapy.

I think I've finally entered the stage where my body is saying no more. no, my doctor and i haven't mentioned the word 'terminal' yet, but it's expected going by the survival rates to my cancer and its current progression. i've been on oxygen therapy since mid August after the disease teamed up with my chemo treatment and the flu to escalate whatever damage is already occurring to my lungs and heart. although i am still undergoing chemo and have hope that a new trial drug just opened for me, i don't know how much longer my body can take. i've barely left the house in 2 months except to go to the hospital as it's a struggle on my lungs, chest and core to walk while feeling oxygen deprived. I've gone from taking mass transit to my work and chemo appointments in February, to taking cabs to them in June, to now not being able to leave the house at all. That's not progress.

This thread has provided hours of entertainment over the years, much to my girlfriend's consternation in 2008. Thanks for the spirited debate, guys. I don't recognize a lot of you here, but I still see some of the standbys. I hope I provided some insightful commentary in the past.

Sorry to hear that man, damn. Sounds like you have fought the good fight and even though I don't know you irl your post touched me. It's been great discussing random stuff with you over the years, even before poligaf was a thing. Good luck and best wishes, my man

/salute

eznark

Banned
Scorcho, that post is depressing. And since every post you make is invariably wrong and dumb, I am sure you are wrong and dumb for being so down. Hang in there buddy, your wrongness and dumbness are an integral part of what makes this place so great.

Amir0x

Banned
damn... scorcho, bro, i'll be hoping you can find a path out of the grips of that awful disease... but know you're a good guy, and your presence is noted and appreciated.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!

Damn, man. I am very sorry to hear about this. I have always really enjoyed your posts (you must have been on GAF for over 10 years, since I remember your stuff as we both matured) and this is really crappy you hear. I doubt you are religious (Liberal-GAF ftl), but I will keep you and yours in my prayers. Good luck and stay strong.

Oil
-4.27%

Fate is smiling on Barack. It looks like he probably won't have to hear big complaints about high gas prices between now & the election. A 4+% drop is huge for a commodity like oil. So it probably won't be climbing up to 100 any time soon.

in honor of Romney's Dream Act flip flop (and then flip back) yesterday, some new Latino polling from NBC/WSJ/Telemundo:

"Obama leads Republican challenger Mitt Romney among Latino registered voters, 70 percent to 20 percent, and with an equal margin among likely Latino voters, 71 percent to 21 percent. That is an increase of 15 points from August, and outpaces Obama’s 2008 split (67 percent to 31 percent) over John McCain."

Heckuva job with dat Hispanic outreach, Ann!

massoluk

Banned
Oil
-4.27%

Fate is smiling on Barack. It looks like he probably won't have to hear big complaints about high gas prices between now & the election. A 4+% drop is huge for a commodity like oil. So it probably won't be climbing up to 100 any time soon.

Man, too bad we'll never hear conservatives praising the President for decreased oil price, like how they blamed the President for increased oil price.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I hope a gas price drop follows.

Mike M

Nick N
Scorcho, that post is depressing. And since every post you make is invariably wrong and dumb, I am sure you are wrong and dumb for being so down. Hang in there buddy, your wrongness and dumbness are an integral part of what makes this place so great.

Best possible response, but I may only think that because the more serious a situation is, the less capable I am to respond without being flippant about it. : (

Scorcho, you've got my deepest sympathy, for what little that's worth : (

Man, too bad we'll never hear conservatives praising the President for decreased oil price, like how they blamed the President for increased oil price.

Daily show already went over this.
Oil prices go up: "It's because of the president's failed policies!"
Oil prices go down: "It's because of market forces! The president had absolutely nothing to do with it!"

Scorcho, cancer bores you. You WILL RISE.

Prayers and well wishes, sorry to hear about your struggle. As you see from the outpouring here, you are a valued member and we're all in your corner.

Mock if old:

523802_10151191508252472_630010710_n.jpg

Miletius

That sucks dude. Take care of yourself and don't be a stranger.

Scorcho, you don't remember me; I was flightofheaven at one point and I posted like mad in 2008. Been here since 2005-2006.

You've been a mainstay for years, and your announcement hit me hard. My father fought pancreatic cancer for 18 months, and recently left us about a week ago. I cannot imagine your struggle.

My prayers are with you. I've loved your posts, and I look forward to more.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Did you guys see Colbert yesterday? He had on some lowlife religious fundamentalist who was trying to defend his right to free speech AND defend the Church's tax exempt status by citing fucking THOMAS JEFFERSON. Colbert handled his dumbosity pretty well, though it wasn't his best work.

Also too, someone should make a thread for the debates.

these so called Obama tapes, how are they going to help the GOP?

It seems they just made me remember why I liked this guy back in 2008. How is reminding today's voters about this guy going to help them?

Don't feel like I can wake up for the debates later. Football had me stay up late. Shit.

Mr cola, check the debates thread. YouTube has streams, cspan, various news sites and it's on BBC 2 apparently.

Wes

venison crêpe
anywhere to watch the debate in the uk?
BBC news will stream live likely with Katty Kay from the BBC America studios.

Sky News will cover it too but from their studio here not the US I would think.

BBC Parliament will likely directly stream CSPAN.

It is bizarre how so much of the debate talk has now decidedly focused on "zingers".

We've suddenly decided that we need a comedian-in-chief.

HylianTom

Banned
Scorcho, I've long giggled and guffawed at your posts and your avatar (which reminds me of an old favotite Conan & Max skit). Your post flustered me here at work. You'll be in my thoughts/prayers.

Amir0x

Banned
Did you guys see Colbert yesterday? He had on some lowlife religious fundamentalist who was trying to defend his right to free speech AND defend the Church's tax exempt status by citing fucking THOMAS JEFFERSON. Colbert handled his dumbosity pretty well, though it wasn't his best work.

Also too, someone should make a thread for the debates.

is this the same guy that is the face of that fucking enraging "Freedom Pulpit Sunday" event they're having? The one where hundreds of pastors across the country intentionally defy the IRS and their tax-exempt status so they can overturn the law that forbids religious leaders from endorsing candidates during church?

'Cause he was on CNN this morning being torn apart by one of the morning hosts

effzee

is this the same guy that is the face of that fucking enraging "Freedom Pulpit Sunday" event they're having? The one where hundreds of pastors across the country intentionally defy the IRS and their tax-exempt status so they can overturn the law that forbids religious leaders from endorsing candidates during church?

Yup same guy.

Mike M

Nick N
What's the origin of the zingers thing? I missed whatever spawned it, but I gather something was leaked about Romney having prepared snappy retorts for various subjects or something?

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
It is bizarre how so much of the debate talk has now decidedly focused on "zingers".

We've suddenly decided that we need a comedian-in-chief.

I just keep rubbing my temples and saying to myself, "1992 debates, 1992 debates, 1992 debates."

Hopefully it will become true. All three people in the 1992 debates (up on Youtube, I believe) were talking strategy and not dodging questions. It was so damn refreshing. I expect both Romney and Obama to come off as merely, "likeable enough" bleh

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Yea I'm pretty sure it was that D-bag. Separation only works if it goes both way. You want to endorse candidates you better pay into the system. Was it Soledad that kicked the shit out of him because she can be feisty.

Also, Scorcho, I'll be thinking of you. Your one of the good ones here, don't let anyone say different.

Watching CNN, guy from Utah on: "Romney is compassionate"

How can anyone consider him passionate on any level, besides degrading to those who have little...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom