• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackson50

After this debate it will be the current Map with OH back to tossup, NC to lean Romney, VA tossup, FL tossup or Lean Romney.
You have to build on this incrementally. No one has dropped in the polls that precipitously from a debate. Not even Gore. And this doesn't approach Gore's abysmal performance.

HylianTom

Banned
You have to build on this incrementally. No one has dropped in the polls that precipitously from a debate. Not even Gore. And this doesn't approach Gore's abysmal performance.

Yeah.. I don't really see the landscape being altered all that much. This has been more of a snoozefest than anything else.

Forever

Banned
Romney really looks like a victim of nerves out there.

If Romney was looking for a knockout blow he's got 22 minutes left to deliver it.

Romney really looks like a victim of nerves out there.

If Romney was looking for a knockout blow he's got 22 minutes left to deliver it.

I don't think so

Romney has the slimy douchebag part down perfectly and since he's been lying through his teeth it's been tough for Obama to rebut him

thankfully Romney is incredibly unlikeable and looked way better at the start than he does now

Gray Man

Banned
Before I turned it off because I was wincing so damn hard, it seemed like Romney was constantly interrupting Obama to make quick rebuttals or clarifications or whatever.

Fair enough.

So fact checkers who is lying about what in the debate, and why isn't Obama calling him out on it?

Trurl

Banned
If Romney is winning it's probably only marginally. It just feels terrible for us because he's being much more aggressive than the guy most of us are rooting for.

obama looked like he was about to ether romney for not proposing anything, but he pulled back.

Obama is letting Lehrer walk over him, while Romney over rules Lehrer. Obama let's it keep happening.

As Sullivan puts it,
Finally, Obama manages to point out the vagueness of Romney's hazy alternatives. But Romney, who just rolls ovr Lehrer. Yet another round to Romney. I don't think Obama has won a single exchange in this entire debate.

Miletius

Nobody cares about States rights. Sorry Romney. It's stupid to say "the States can do it" because for most people State Govt and Federal Govt is the exact same thing.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
If Romney is winning it's probably only marginally. It just feels terrible for us because he's being much more aggressive than the guy most of us are rooting for.

I could see this being the reality. I think Romney overall is winning the debate, but it only seems like so much in large part because everyone thought Romney would get smoked, a la healthcare debate against GOP Congressmen.

Mike M

Nick N

On a substantive level, maybe. But Romney's delivery is way better, and unless you're a political junkie he sounds like he's making extremely good points.

How can you get away with lying about something like that.

Sorry that was in response to what he quoted: "Obama hasn't mentioned 47% or tax evasion."

look i found cartoon soldier's revised electoral map

Iwe9X.png

... My man.

This moderator is a bitch. Romney has interrupted him EVERY TIME. Wtf.

Come on Bams. God damn.

Also states rights is bullshit when it comes to everything but shit like abortion.

States rights always feels like a cop out to me.

Stop talking about where you agree on.

Also:

@rebeccagberg
What one undecided voter told me recently comes to mind tonight: backed Obama in '08 bc he appeared more self-assured than McCain in debates

So, who appears more self-assured?

Trurl

Banned
On a substantive level, maybe. But Romney's delivery is way better, and unless you're a political junkie he sounds like he's making extremely good points.

Perhaps, but I think we might also be at risk of misunderestimating the public. The big difference between Romneycare and Obamacare is that Romneycare got Republican support in MA? I don't think people will be convinced by points like that.

I also think that Obama's general tone throughout the debate will be preferred over Romney's. It's possible that Romney will be perceived as the winner, but after this is digested it won't be seen as a landslide.

gcubed

So I just started watching it after getting chicken little vibe from here and I think most are over reacting. I'm sure the conversation here changed the shit pre debate opinion but coming in thinking he was destroying Obama it seems to me like Romney is appealing to the GOP.

Cut PBS, merging fat and cut taxes to 0 infinite revenue arent winning topics

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Obama is acting too professorial up there; being way too loquacious. I'm not expecting rounds of zingers, but he's taking a god damn stroll to get through his points.

And the way Romney is walking over Lehrer is a bit disrespectful. i'd be upset if Lehrer still had a spine to defend.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
So I just started watching it after getting chicken little vibe from here and I think most are over reacting. I'm sure the conversation here changed the shit pre debate opinion but coming in thinking he was destroying Obama it seems to me like Romney is appealing to the GOP. Cut PBS, merging fat and cut taxes to 0 infinite revenue isn't winning topics

That is what I mentioned in the debate thread at the beginning. Obama is damn near speaking as a Republican (old-school), Romney is only appealing towards his constituency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom