• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biden isn't going anywhere if Hillary joins the fray. And even if she doesn't I think he could have a hard time. He'll be nearly 74 during the 2016 primaries, and while he is clearly in good shape and his mother lived well into her 90s I don't believe voters will elect someone that old.

It would be interesting to see what Obama's big campaign folks do if both Biden and Hillary enter the race. Do they join Biden, stay on the sidelines and wait for the general election, or perhaps even make nice and join Hillary?

Biden isn't going anywhere if Hillary joins the fray. And even if she doesn't I think he could have a hard time. He'll be nearly 74 during the 2016 primaries, and while he is clearly in good shape and his mother lived well into her 90s I don't believe voters will elect someone that old.

It would be interesting to see what Obama's big campaign folks do if both Biden and Hillary enter the race. Do they join Biden, stay on the sidelines and wait for the general election, or perhaps even make nice and join Hillary?

I can see Obama for Clinton. Maybe they start a new legacy like bush? 2 prez Clintons in the WH, and Chelsea for office.

Or Hilary endorses Gillbrand

I guess I should take all this 2016 talk as a good sign for November.

im waiting for the debates! :(

Obama's gonna win anyways

https://twitter.com/SteveDeaceShow/status/243502099160236032

whooz.png

Gruco

Banned
Biden has a lot of, uh, questionable aspects to his potential candidacy, but he has obvious assets too and I find it very easy to believe he still wants it. Leaving the options of either some kind of talking down or a challenge to a sitting VP.

I mention the article because I think Biden is basically the 800 lb gorilla everyone is ignoring. Maybe he'll gracefully bow out, but frankly it doesn't seem to be in character, and if he doesn't, shit gets very complicated in a hurry.

Kosmo

Banned
Biden has a lot of, uh, questionable aspects to his potential candidacy, but he has obvious assets too and I find it very easy to believe he still wants it. Leaving the options of either some kind of talking down or a challenge to a sitting VP.

I mention the article because I think Biden is basically the 800 lb gorilla everyone is ignoring. Maybe he's gracefully how out, but frankly it doesn't seem to be in character, and if he doesn't, shit gets very complicated in a hurry.

PLEASE run Biden in 2016. For the love of God, please!

Marvie_3

Banned

This would be my guess. Hillary supporters wouldn't take too kindly to him supporting Biden and it looks bad if he supports Hillary instead of the guy who was his V.P.

Arde5643

Agreed, there's no way Biden will join in if Hillary runs for president in 2016 - it's just going against the will of the Clintons and Obamas and the DNC.

As a former NYS resident, Gillibrand doesn't have it. She just wouldn't be a strong enough candidate for president.

While we're on the subject: I don't think Cuomo has it either.

From what I recall, there were a lot of people who thought she couldn't hang with the big dogs in Congress either.

gcubed

if Hillary runs in 2016 i think its basically the Clinton show. Biden wouldn't run against her.

wow, sorry, quick double post.

Hopefully the platform fuck up+allegedly lying about what an Israeli diplomat said to her gets DWS fired after the election, regardless of who wins.

Snake

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57507042/dncs-first-night-beats-rncs-in-tv-ratings/
DNC's first night beats RNC's in TV ratings

The Nielsen Co. said about 26.2 million people watched the opening night of the Democratic National Convention on Tuesday in Charlotte, N.C., where the first lady was the featured speaker.

Last week, Nielsen said 22.3 million watched the first night of the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., where potential first lady Ann Romney talked about her husband, Mitt. The same number of viewers watched the Democrats' first night in 2008, when Michelle Obama was also the featured speaker.

But of course tonight's ratings will get hit hard by the NFL.

This second night has been pretty bad. So much blatant pandering to women, and some ehh speakers. It probably won't matter if Clinton knocks it out the park though.

This second night has been pretty bad. So much blatant pandering to women, and some ehh speakers. It probably won't matter if Clinton knocks it out the park though.

Agreed, Day 1 was better. But, of course we are ending with Clinton, so that may be all we remember at the end.

Or maybe after Michelle's speech they needed the 2nd day to be crappy so Obama could deliver. Cause by god, she delivered.

Kosmo

Banned

Bill is out there for one reason - Hillary 2016. I think he'll be a good soldier for the most part, but keep an eye out for some subtle dig somewhere. Obama getting re-elected dramatically reduces Hillary's chances in 2016.

Bill is out there for one reason - Hillary 2016. I think he'll be a good soldier for the most part, but keep an eye out for some subtle dig somewhere. Obama getting re-elected dramatically reduces Hillary's chances in 2016.

How so? Especially if the economy continues to improve, and Obama's administration doesn't have some type of scandal in the final four years?

Bill is loyal. If he wants his wife elected, he'll get Obama elected.

Clevinger

Obama getting re-elected dramatically reduces Hillary's chances in 2016.

I think the opposite is true. Nobody wants to go against an incumbent, unless they're George W. Bush type unpopular. I'm guessing President Romney will do fine as he rides the recovery wave, which would be very bad for Clinton.

markatisu

That is the dumbest thing I have heard from you, Obama winning will be a boon for Hilary since she will be stepping aside for his second term. If Obama messes up Hilary is gone and its an "It was good when I was there" explanation, if Obama is great then Bill supported him tonight and Hilary supported him as Sec of State in his first time

I am with PD in wanting an explanation on how Obama re-elected hurts the chances in 2016 for a woman who had it not been for Obama would be President right now.

Kosmo

Banned
That is the dumbest thing I have heard from you, Obama winning will be a boon for Hilary since she will be stepping aside for his second term. If Obama messes up Hilary is gone and its an "It was good when I was there" explanation, if Obama is great then Bill supported him tonight and Hilary supported him as Sec of State in his first time

I am with PD in wanting an explanation on how Obama re-elected hurts the chances in 2016 for a woman who had it not been for Obama would be President right now.

If the economy improves dramatically and we are adding 300-400K jobs a month, you guys are right. One potential problem is that there is still a lot of uncertainty with PPACA going into full swing in 2014 (meaning companies will have 2 years of uncertainty before that), and once it does go into effect, a lot of small businesses will be dumping coverage - making Obama's "If you like your healthcare, you can keep it" toxic for Dems.

Obviously it's hard to project out 4 years, but Truman and Bush I are really the only modern examples of a party keeping control after 8 years of control of the White House.

Sandra Fluke coming up - can't wait to hear how women can't afford one of the 30-40 generic birth control pills available out there - many of which are $10-20 a month, cash.

Chumly

If the economy improves dramatically and we are adding 300-400K jobs a month, you guys are right. One potential problem is that there is still a lot of uncertainty with PPACA going into full swing in 2014 (meaning companies will have 2 years of uncertainty before that), and once it does go into effect, a lot of small businesses will be dumping coverage - making Obama's "If you like your healthcare, you can keep it" toxic for Dems.

Obviously it's hard to project out 4 years, but Truman and Bush I are really the only modern examples of a party keeping control after 8 years of control of the White House.

Sandra Fluke coming up - can't wait to hear how women can't afford one of the 30-40 generic birth control pills available out there - many of which are $10-20 a month, cash.

Whos all these mystery business that will be dumping coverage?

rSpooky

Some cannot use the generic. They need specific estrogen levels etc, that come only with more expensive kinds. Such as my wifes which are $80/month. Not much for some, alot for others. And dont worry privately insured here, so not using your tax dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom