• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

dem

Are there any republican forums that are not completely batshit insane?

My googling has turned up what seem to be basically hate sites... Like freerepublic..

Snake

The ratings just tell me there are too many people out of work with nothing better to do. In that sense, the higher DNC ratings strike me as good news for Romney.

iG2AFg7uocoRi.jpg

Puddles

Banned
Are there any republican forums that are not completely batshit insane?

My googling has turned up what seem to be basically hate sites... Like freerepublic..

I remember finding a few during the Bush years.

It's doubtful you'd find anything like that now. The Obama presidency has reduced the average internet Republican to frothy, incoherent rage and Olympic-caliber mental gymnastics.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The ratings just tell me there are too many people out of work with nothing better to do. In that sense, the higher DNC ratings strike me as good news for Romney.

LOL PD. You're on top of your game today.

AndyD

aka andydumi

I am debating whether to block PD for trolling so much, or to keep him for the lol value.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

OK. Please PD, just fess up now. This is a long, complex, "social experiment."

If you're serious, I think you really need to get some perspective. If it's jokes, I don't think it's funny per se, but admire the effort and complexity.

explodet

He learned it back in 2008, I remember his speech at the last DNC convention to be pretty decent, but this speech was on whole other level. It was nice to see someone speak specifically about Romney's "Foreign Policy".
I just watched the DNC '08 episodes of the Daily Show, and they covered exactly this - 2004 Kerry vs 2008 Kerry was like night and day.
A very boring night and a somewhat engaging day.

Measley

Damn, the DNC ass kicking of the Republican party is reaching biblical proportions.

I'm just thinking of all the money that was donated to the Romney campaign, and they produced a tepid presentation capped off by Clint Eastwood talking to an empty chair, and Mitt Romney giving a standard stump speech.

If Obama brings the hammer tonight, and the jobs numbers are solid to good, Romney is in a shitload of trouble. There's no getting around it.

Stinkles

Damn, the DNC ass kicking of the Republican party is reaching biblical proportions.

I'm just thinking of all the money that was donated to the Romney campaign, and they produced a tepid presentation capped off by Clint Eastwood talking to an empty chair, and Mitt Romney giving a standard stump speech.

If Obama brings the hammer tonight, and the jobs numbers are solid to good, Romney is in a shitload of trouble. There's no getting around it.

The republican audience will say the opposite. This is where it's sports teams, not logic. One objective measure, however, is the difference in policy and real content. The Republican message was almost compeltely empty of real policy or action. This is absolutely objectively true. DNC was light, but specific.

Stinkles

Yeah, that purple heart saga was embarrassing.

Can you imagine witnessing that fucking shit?

"Kerry is a straight up war hero. let's get some old fucking treacherous shitheels to say the opposite and get people hyped on the idea that he's a liar. Meanwhile our literal chickenhawk Pres and VP candidate will get a free ride on their evasion and cowardice, and we will start the assinine cognitive dissonance that will eventually become the very Tea Party that actually corrodes and kills us from the inside."

Jonm1010

Banned
Dude was not a good candidate, but dude was a fucking straight up comic book war hero. Fuck Karl Rove. Oh and he was better than Bush.

Funny what difference 8 years makes....Kerry knocked it out the park and I can't remember a single time he commanded a room that well in 2004.

Jonm1010

Banned
So a 8 year Democratic term...will be a realigning election further to the right?

Wat?

I don't know about 100 years but I would bet that if Romney loses the Republican party's response is not going to be to move back toward the moderate side, it's going to double down on the crazy until a true tea party poster child both wins the nomination and gets absolutely eviscerated.

I have the opposite belief, an Obama win is going to insure a more extreme republican party and an almost guaranteed 2016 democratic victory for president.

....and in my wildest dreams, in the process, the republican party will have so thoroughly pissed off the minorities in this country that they will be relegated to a regional party for at least a decade until they soften.

Chichikov

Not buying these tears, sorry.
Go fuck yourself, seriously.
Say you don't like his policy, but the dude is dead honest about those things.

Watch this and please, shut the fuck up.

Edit: you know I don't often use such language, but man, this is bad form even for you.
bad bad form.
You can disagree with someone without stooping to such levels.

Kosmo

Banned
Go fuck yourself, seriously.
Say you don't like his policy, but the dude is dead honest about those things.

I don't think Biden doesn't care about the troops, I just think those particular tears were forced. Not a huge deal - always good to pay respect to the troops.

Stinkles

I don't think Biden doesn't care about the troops, I just think those particular tears were forced. Not a huge deal - always good to pay respect to the troops.

So you're saying Biden is acting and pretending to care for the troops, and it's not a big deal? Because that seems like the exact kind of thing you would normally "care" about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom