• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Go fuck yourself, seriously.
Say you don't like his policy, but the dude is dead honest about those things.

Watch this and please, shut the fuck up.

Edit: you know I don't often use such language, but man, this is bad form even for you.
bad bad form.
You can disagree with someone without stooping to such levels.

Thanks for that link, and thanks for calling it how you see it. I get tired of Kosmo's shtick. People talk a lot of shit about Biden. He says some dumb stuff from time to time, but he is about as goddamn genuine as it gets.

codhand

Four more years! Suck it two Repubs that post here. DNC more than lived up to hype. Lick Biden tears, mm, so delicious, you can taste the troop support.

RDreamer

This entire DNC has been impressive as hell. It made the RNC look like a bunch of angry children hopelessly chucking ice cubes at the sun.

Posted this in the other thread:

My biggest regret this year will be not being able to donate, volunteer or vote for Obama.

I feel so strongly, this election is even more important than 2008. Go Obama, Go Biden, Go Democrats.

Also, the way he turned around the concept of Hope was just brilliant.

coldfoot

Banned
There is a stark contrast, even if you don't agree with the Dems viewpoints, you can't deny that they are better organized and take their jobs more seriously/they're better at it.

Obviously the choice is as clear as those Good/Evil choices in Infamous.

Averon

The DNC was far, far better produced than the RNC. It really helped that the DNC audience was pretty enthusiastic and fun-loving. DWS deserved props for an excellently produced DNC.

XenodudeX

bidenmichelle.jpg

Oh Biden.

coldfoot

Banned
Until democrats get 60 seats, I fear Obama's not going to be able to achieve what he says. That's why I think 2014 is more important than even this year. Republicans don't and never had the best interests of our country and they will filibuster everything...

Until democrats get 60 seats, I fear Obama's not going to be able to achieve what he says. That's why I think 2014 is more important than even this year. Republicans don't and never had the best interests of our country and they will filibuster everything...

2014. 4 this go around(all the toss-ups minus Nebraska) and 3-4 in 2014. 60-61 seats!!!

That's a pick-up of IN, MA, ME, AZ, NV.

pigeon

Banned

If we get 51 senators, filibuster reform is a done deal.

No amount of Republican seats are gonna help in letting Bush tax cuts expire. The point is, even if democrats lose both the house and the senate, it's still important for Obama to hold the office. Besides, there's gonna be more supreme court nominations.

HylianTom

Banned
If we get 51 senators, filibuster reform is a done deal.

We need to go back to forcing senators to actually filibuster. On the floor. Continuously.

No more of this "he's threatening to filibuster, so we can't move forward" bullshit. Make 'em filibuster. Provide those images to the American public.

Obama gets a free pass for this 1st term because he had to deal with the most insipid set of fuckstain republicans ever but I have very high expectations for 2nd term Obama

the salt by conservatives is hilarious.

Laura Ingraham ‏@IngrahamAngle
Could we see a Romney bounce from DNC? Real possibility. There WILL be an Obama bounce--for Michelle.

what is she even trying to say here? and bounce for romney? lol.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Obama gets a free pass for this 1st term because he had to deal with the most insipid set of fuckstain republicans ever but I have very high expectations for 2nd term Obama

With any luck he will abandon some of his pandering horseshit like extending the Patriot Act garbage and start looking at serious wall street reforms. I don't really expect it but it would be nice.

pigeon

Banned
Well, if we get 51 senators and the house. Why even bother with reform if we don't get the house?

Puts more pressure on the House to deal. There's a lot more people in the house, with very individual districts, and they're definitely easier to pitch.

I thought that was a pretty great convention, although Plouffe saying that he doesn't expect any bounce suggests that we won't see much of one. But even if he only gets the same two points as Romney, he's still well ahead of the game here.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Puts more pressure on the House to deal. There's a lot more people in the house, with very individual districts, and they're definitely easier to pitch.

I thought that was a pretty great convention, although Plouffe saying that he doesn't expect any bounce suggests that we won't see much of one. But even if he only gets the same two points as Romney, he's still well ahead of the game here.

Even before the RNC pundits were saying convention bounces are effectively moribund. The sheer weight of infomration available about candidates outbalances the former vacuum. We shouldn't expect anything out of this in terms of bounce, but I suppose a slump is possible for the "loser"

HylianTom

Banned

And if Romney falls behind too much, he (or his folks) are going to feel that stress, that pressure.. they'd be more prone to panicking, and possibly making dumb and/or desperate mistakes.

who gives a shit about the bounce, obama is already handedly in the lead. debates will matter much more IMO.

this was about injecting already-obama voters with a fresh dose of hopium.

And if Romney falls behind too much, he (or his folks) are going to feel that stress, that pressure.. they'd be more prone to panicking, and possibly making dumb and/or desperate mistakes.

like suspending the campaign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom