• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
Obama's beating Romney on the economy.

It's over, gentlemen.

"Shares your values:" Obama +2 two weeks ago, Obama +7 today (5 pt swing)
"Strong and decisive leader:" Romney +5 two weeks ago, Obama +6 today (11 pt swing)
"Has an optimistic vision for our country's future:" Romney +4 two weeks ago, Obama +10 today (14 pt swing)
"Has a clear plan": Romney +6 two weeks ago, Obama +6 today (12 pt swing)
"In touch with middle-class Americans:" Obama +6 two weeks ago, Obama +20 today (14 pt swing)
"Can manage government effectively:" Romney +4 two weeks ago, Obama +3 today (7 pt swing)

Now that's a convention bounce.

teiresias

"Strong and decisive leader:" Romney +5 two weeks ago, Obama +6 today (11 pt swing)
"Has an optimistic vision for our country's future:" Romney +4 two weeks ago, Obama +10 today (14 pt swing)
"In touch with middle-class Americans:" Obama +6 two weeks ago, Obama +20 today (14 pt swing)
"Can manage government effectively:" Romney +4 two weeks ago, Obama +3 today (7 pt swing)

I said god-the-f@$k-damn.

Marvie_3

Banned

Holy shit

Unbelievable crosstabs. Obama's score among registered voters remained almost exactly the same as last poll -- but the spread between registered and likely dropped from 8% to 1%. In other words, a huge chunk of that gain comes from registered but unlikely voters deciding they're going to vote after all this year.

Also worth noting that Obama's up by 8 among likely voters when when third-party candidates are considered.

Here's what I said in the DNC thread after Obama's speech.

Obama went very very optimistic in this speech and I think it was a good political decision. This was a speech to get those voters who wouldn't vote Repub but might have sit at home on election day.

Sorry, just tooting my own horn. :p

Credit to Bill more, of course.

holy shit

.....HOLY SHIT! O____O

Tamanon

Banned
So he lost one of Bill Clinton's 1996 endorsements? Or are you suggesting he should be clamoring for W and McCain type support?

Which raises a question: Should public sector unions even be allowed to offer endorsements?

Why shouldn't they?

www.lp.org
Libertarian Presidential candidate Two-Term Governor Gary Johnson and Vice-Presidential candidate Judge James P. Gray are on track for ballot access in all 50 states plus Washington, D.C.

The Libertarian Johnson/Gray ticket is confirmed on the 2012 ballots of 43 states and the District of Columbia, listed below. Also listed is what is necessary for them to appear on the remaining state ballots.
Mitt is so fucked. I didn't know Gary Johnson was on ballot (or soon to be) in all 50 states.

Wow.

Likely Voters
Democrat Party favorability 51% - 43%
Republican Party favorability 42%- - 52% (38-55 among registered)

not enough lolz.

Medicare: 54-43 Obama, +8% from last poll

Where's PD?

XenodudeX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hZrXdJ-ibo

Kosmo

Banned
Why shouldn't they?

Because there is an inherent hazard to the tax payer when a public union supports the election of a particular individual, who then has the power to negotiate said union's salary/benefits with the only one who is at risk is the general tax payer.

I'm not saying members of those unions should not be able to endorse candidates on an individual basis, but I don't think they should be offering endorsements as a union.

HylianTom

Banned
Okay, that does it.

My time off application for November 7th has been filed.

I'm not going to spoil such a lovely day with work, especially when there'll be so much good entertainment online and on TV. Political schadenfreude is chicken soup for my soul!

edit: I wonder if FreeRepublic has seen these numbers yet.. hmm..

Dude Abides

Banned
Yeah, and he did another one with CBS that was also pretty bad.

He was his usually vague, slippery, insubstantial self, but bad as Palin is overstating it.

Because there is an inherent hazard to the tax payer when a public union supports the election of a particular individual, who then has the power to negotiate said union's salary/benefits with the only one who is at risk is the general tax payer.

I'm not saying members of those unions should not be able to endorse candidates on an individual basis, but I don't think they should be offering endorsements as a union.

Free speech for me but not for thee!

How do we get Johnson in on the debates?
The presidential debates commission requires 3 criteria to be met in order to participate:

1. Age/nationality
2. Name on "Enough" state ballots so the candidate can possibly win
3. Poll around 15%

Point number 3 is what strikes Johnson out. He polls around 5%

codhand

Okay, that does it.

My time off application for November 7th has been filed.

I'm not going to spoil such a lovely day with work, especially when there'll be so much good entertainment online and on TV. Political schadenfreude is chicken soup for my soul!

Don't get too excited remember

A) He can't use an iPhone
B) Jennifer Granholm flails
C) Dukakis +17
D) uh, Chevy Volt sells bad

Registered voters don't matter if they're not gonna vote.

but the truth usually lies between likely and registered, no? And that gap has shrunk, a lot.

Another one:

post - DNC: more likely to vote for Obama 46-36-12
post RNC: more likely to vote for Mittens: 36-46-13

Criticized other party too much:

DNC - 45%

RNC - 50%

Among likely voters for Obama: 55% women, 88% non-white, 42% white, 45% 65 & older, 97% Dem, 40% indie.

Also, 4% white vote going to Gary Johnson.

These numbers are horrific for Romney. lol 80% of non-white see Romney as unfavorable.

HylianTom

Banned
Don't get too excited remember

A) He can't use an iPhone
B) Jennifer Granholm flails
C) Dukakis +17
D) uh, Chevy Volt sells bad

Being portrayed by Jon Lovitz didn't do Dukakis any favors, hehe..

But really, for me, that's the one thing missing from making this election season even better: a memorable set of SNL moments. Without Tina Fey or Will Ferrell doing their damage, this is going to be a lackluster year. Bummer.

Guevara

Tommorow is the day America is reminded Osama Bin Laden died on Obama's Watch......i mean 9/11. Should be a good day.

I know it's too much to ask but as someone who was in Manhattan on 9/11 I'm hoping we can have a quiet, understated remembrance tomorrow highlighting the rebuilding efforts and war(s) wind down.

I'm sure Romney someone will say something stupid though.

Yeah, which means we don't have to vote.
Bad news for Obama after all then.

I was reading Dutch news about how his convention speech was less hope and change and more its going to be a long hard road and I thought about his inauguration speech. Wasn't it basically the same? As I remember it it was as he says the truth that he told. That it was going to be hard and long. I don't know why people are getting all up in his face for with the hole 'oh so now he says it's going to be hard'. Bitch his inauguration speech was the same thing. Or am I wrong?

codhand

I like Ryan though, because he likes classic rock, I mean not many people like that stuff, and, Zeppelin, I mean, I made so many interesting friends in college by liking Zeppelin, in fact, I almost bought a Zeppelin CD once, but instead I just stare at my dad's Zeppelin LPs, plus they had that one song with Puff Daddy and Ma$e, talk about classic!

I say, Rock on Ryan!

I love youuu Zeppelinn!!

Corporations, on the other had, should have a voice, because they are made of people.. stacked on top of each other, forming the building blocks of the towers which help create our economy.

A valid argument can be made that public sector unions -- by virtue of being paid by local governments and potentially receiving funds from federal government -- should not vocalize their support for one candidate or another. As an example of this thinking: while I think it's completely fair for GM to come out openly and support Obama and the Dems, I could see how one would object.

However, this assumes that:

1) Corporations and businesses do not receive government funds. In fact, they do, to the tunes of billions of dollars a year from federal corn subsidies which go to big agri-business, to oil subsidies, etc.

2) The majority of public sector wages or funds are from federal funds and not state and local taxes. Their opinion in a national Presidential election should in no way be considered tainted by virtue of being funded by the public.

In any case, Kosmo strikes out, again.

Yahoo! News ‏@YahooNews
BREAKING: al-Qaida leader in Yemen confirmed killed, marking major blow to terror group [AP, sources]

When is SurveyUSA supposed to release their polling information? That tweet came out 10 hours ago.

I took that tweet as saying they're going to do polls this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom