• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It's amazing to me that the first debate changed so many minds while the 2nd debate didn't at all.

Also, how any woman can vote for Romney is mind-boggling after his response to the question about economic inequality.

Well, the trend line is clearly in romney's favor and that has to be a little disconcerting. By my back of envelope math, it looks like obama needs an aggregate lead of 1-2% in order to stave off gop enthusiasm and romney's ground game

We need to make the world know. This needs to explode

We need the Feds on this case

Seriously.

“There’s no way to tell by party when people fill out these forms, what party they’re affiliated with, so I don’t think there’s any political motivation,"
~ Tea Party Judge

He threw away voter registrations, WHY needs to be investigated. It's that simple Judge, whose logic doesn't fly anyway because the guy can just profile people.

God, you guys go do some fucking volunteering or help with something if you feel so down instead whining about it on a message board. Go help some local campaigns or something.

Drek

NBC/WSJ National Poll

Romney 47% - Obama 47% LV

Obama 49% Romney 44% RV

Bams +5 in RV, tied in LV.

I love polls in elections like this. Obama has had a decisive victory on the electoral college front for the entirety of the race but everyone is going to keep running national polls with crazy "Likely Voter" models to drive interest.

Shit isn't close people. Obama will beat LV models by at least a point, typically more like 2 points in every state. He always does. Iowa is already in the bank. Ohio is damn close to in the bank and will be shortly after the polls close on election day. Virginia will go blue again. Wisconsin and Nevada aren't flipping. Colorado will go blue just like they did in the "wave election" of 2010.

Romney will win NC and they'll have a neck and neck finish for Florida that the GOP needs to win just to keep Paul Ryan as a semi-credible candidate for anything ever again, otherwise his plan is getting the blame for losing Florida.

Why do I know this?

Because when you see pollsters calling Florida a "lean red" when every poll is within the MOE but then acting like Ohio and Iowa are toss ups when they've had leads for Obama twice the MOE you know something is up.

Because when you suddenly see Virginia polling with Kaine up solidly and Obama neck and neck after MONTHS of Kaine neck and neck with George "Mukaka" Allen and Obama up solidly you know something is up.

Because when you suddenly see the double digit gap with women that Obama has had for the entire race reduced to single digits when Romney has only said more negative shit regarding women (binders full of 'em in fact) you know something is up.

Because when you see a pollster suddenly claiming that PA is in play when the Romney campaign doesn't even believe that you know something is up.

And because when you see a highly reputable pollster like Gallup roll out a poll that has a 2:1 over sample for the South over every other geographic region you know something is up.

FYI - Gallup is currently facing a law suit from multiple branches of the federal government over fraud in both their billing for services and in the advice they gave when hired for said services. Do you really think that a company willing to do all that isn't above intentionally skewing their polls to make their once every 4 year money maker seem bigger than it really is?

Do you think Gallup is the only pollster tainted with similar "what's in our own best interest?" thumb on the scale practices?

One thing I learned from the 2004 election, when you see late race fluctuations towards the middle, especially in favor of a weak challenger, question just their validity.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
That article says charges have already been filed.

He was charged after investigators say as many as nine applications he collected were found in a trash bin behind a Harrisonburg store.

I mean AHHHH AHHHH

Jackson50

So looked at PPP Internals...D+8 sample. Their previous samples were D+4. That's bad. Let's hope other polls don't show similar tightening.
But it comes with a free frogurt. That's good.
So why aren't all these Obama RV going out to vote?
Hypothetically, if Obama were to overachieve the polls, even slightly, because of his organizational advantage, he'd be drawing from the pool of RVs who might be missed by a LV screen. If you're fretting about the election, don't rely on this to solace you. But those are the voters on whom GOTV efforts have the greatest effect.

Tendo

Wake up. Check poligaf. Feel like throwing up. Regret getting into education.

TiVo

Like I said Issa can jump in and posture and even turn the minds of voters with his bullshit. Where the fuck is Eric Holder? Make some noise god damn it, do something, hold a press conference and say at least you are looking into it.
Dems have no balls.
Play the game the same way they do.
They got Acorn de-funded and now they are doing the same if not more and we only here about little blips and blurbs in local news.

Drek, I take it that it is in pollsters best interest to make the election seem closer than it really is.

How much money do they make in close races?

Tim-E

Seriously, if you guys are going to act like Obama's already lost, catch a ride to the nearest swing state and fucking do something about it.

ari

Banned
Why are these polls so close? Do people really want Romney as the president? I honestly hate us.

Morman, evil business man, liar....

I could go on and on. The fuck is wrong with people?

Averon

God, you guys go do some fucking volunteering or help with something if you feel so down instead whining about it on a message board. Go help some local campaigns or something.

Tim-E said:
Seriously, if you guys are going to act like Obama's already lost, catch a ride to the nearest swing state and fucking do something about it.

It's far easier to whine, panic, and Monday morning quarterback online.

TiVo

Why are these polls so close? Do people really want Romney as the president? I honestly hate us.

Early polls = republicans saying fuck it I hate Romney and I ain't voting.

New polls = republicans saying i hate Obama more than Romney so now I am voting.

Tim-E

If it concerns you so much, head to your local democrat /Obama office and canvas/make calls/donate money

If you guys are so upset over polls, go do something instead of crying on the Internet.

Brinbe

If it concerns you so much, head to your local democrat /Obama office and canvas/make calls/donate money

If you guys are so upset over polls, go do something instead of crying on the Internet.

Needs to be the default answer to any whining from here on out. And if you don't have time to volunteer, at the very least donate.

You can call from home as well, you need to be an OFA member, but here is the link

Ive spent the last day or so trying to convince a friend to go Obama over Romney. He seems to be going Nobama. Wanta change. Doesnt think Romney will be anything like Bush. Etc etc etc

Wtf do I tell him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom