• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananas

Banned
6RBYG.png

But what if your opponent is actually an idiot?

Romney's overarching point that the Navy wants more ship is true, whether you think we should fulfill that request is another issue. Undeniably his 1917 comparison is idiotic, but voters don't respond well to full-blown attacks with no subtlety. He could have said something along the lines of "If you think we should run our military like we did in WWI when we still used horses and bayonets, maybe you should vote for Mitt Romney. But I run a modern military force with the necessary foresight to understand what our future challenges might entail."

I don't like that the 'undecided voter' has so much power, but as long as the ignorant cast the winning die, I'd like Obama to appeal to them.

Trurl

Banned
Less than 40 minutes remain. Time is a'flyin', and I'm feeling pretty damn chill at this point.

I do want to re-install Civ V now..

I don't need a second timesink in my life, but maybe it would be good to play Civ in place of following polls constantly.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Romney's overarching point that the Navy wants more ship is true, whether you think we should fulfill that request is another issue. Undeniably his 1917 comparison is idiotic, but voters don't respond well to full-blown attacks with no subtlety. He could have said something along the lines of "If you think we should run our military like we did in WWI when we still used horses and bayonets, maybe you should vote for Mitt Romney. But I run a modern military force with the necessary foresight to understand what our future challenges might entail."

I don't like that the 'undecided voter' has so much unwarranted power, but as long as the ignorant cast the winning die, I'd like Obama to appeal to them.

The Battleship line was all Obama really needed, as much as I love the aircraft carriers line.

effzee

WTF do not let Mitt get away with this BS. He just sided with Obama about the dictators in Egypt and Tunisia. Tell him its because he went on tour that the revolutions were inspired!

Schieffer has to know better than to ask such a ridiculous question.

How can any President answer such a question. Not only is it a silly hypothetical, as Romney mentioned, it tips our hand as what we'd do.

So bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom