• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT2| Worth 77% of OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's too late now. Americans think Obama was targeting Teaparty offices around the country with IRS and also wiretapping them with NSA.

Yep, this is true. Most of the hardcore also still believe we found stockpiles of WMDs in Iraq. Many even believe Saddam was complicit in 9/11.

A lie goes around the world before the truth even gets its running shoes on.

What does Mr. Conservative think?

Police Guard IRS Offices As 48% of Americans Ready to Impeach Obama Over Tyrannical Tax Scandal

IRS-Protesters-In-Ohio.jpg

Sometimes it seems as if a perfect storm of events is coming together, for better or worse. Recently, that convergence seems to be settling on the IRS scandal, which saw IRS employees, either spontaneously or with instructions from above, deliberately harass conservative organizations and individuals in an obvious attempt to stifle their political speech in the lead-up to the 2012 election.

Shocked by this type of intimidation, teapartypatriots.org used the internet to organize protests at IRS offices throughout America. The plan was for Americans to gather at noon to protest a federal agency’s use of taxing and police authority to silence political dissent. These protests are clearly a part of free political speech in our nation.
http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/...to-impeach-obama-over-tyrannical-tax-scandal/

And . . . it turns out that the targeting was done by a self-professed conservative Republican who just felt he was doing his job. And indeed, he was . . . . this section of law is pretty murky.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...uisiana-state-senator-explains-switch-to-gop/

I guess all black people need to vote GOP now. I mean you don't want to be one of those selfish individuals that only vote democrat simply to keep your welfare checks coming in when you clearly don't need them.
Just ignore the fact that many Republicans also only vote for their own financial gain in the way of tax cuts.

This whole conspiracy theory that Democratic politicians know that Republicans are right but give money to the poor to "enslave" them into voting Democrat is so frustrating. I mean what do you even say to that? Its one of those theories that's only provable with mind reading.

Unforenately my republican aquaintences are doing victory laps now that they supposedly have proof about this theory they always had thanks to a Democrat having this enlightenment, and he's even black. I mean if a Democrat is even saying this it must be true right?

Except...

Guillory represents a district west of Baton Rouge and is considered a potential candidate for lieutenant governor in 2015. His switch wasn’t all that unexpected, given his conservative politics and that he was a Republican until first being elected as a Democrat in 2007.

Link

The Autumn Wind
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...uisiana-state-senator-explains-switch-to-gop/

I guess all black people need to vote GOP now. I mean you don't want to be one of those selfish individuals that only vote democrat simply to keep your welfare checks coming in when you clearly don't need them.
Just ignore the fact that many Republicans also only vote for their own financial gain in the way of tax cuts.

This whole conspiracy theory that Democratic politicians know that Republicans are right but give money to the poor to "enslave" them into voting Democrat is so frustrating. I mean what do you even say to that? Its one of those theories that's only provable with mind reading.

Unforenately my republican aquaintences are doing victory laps now that they supposedly have proof about this theory they always had thanks to a Democrat having this enlightenment, and he's even black. I mean if a Democrat is even saying this it must be true right?

Except...
He urges them to “please join with me today in abandoning the government plantation and the party of disappointment.”
Is there some disease you contract as a Republican that forces you to say extremely stupid shit?

Except...

Like I said earlier...

Same old song with just a different beat.

I always like how conservatives make a huge deal out of no-name minority switching parties, like it's going to be the beginning of some trend. :jnc

Except...
To be fair most people vote based off incentives provided, be it welfare, student loans, or massive tax breaks. It's why congressmen bring pork to their districts. Do democrats incentivize dependency? Depends on your perspective.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
To be fair most people vote based off incentives provided, be it welfare, student loans, or massive tax breaks. It's why congressmen bring pork to their districts. Do democrats incentivize dependency? Depends on your perspective.
Oh, I know I never want to have high income, then I'll just be taxed more! Better to stay poor and in debt to evade the IRS's iron grip while collecting food stamps.

So I might be interning with a senator, pretty pumped.
I did that the fall of 2011, it was pretty cool. Keep your hopes down though, mostly you'll probably just be sorting constituent mail and answering calls and maybe running an errand every now and then. Even the day I got to "shadow" my senator I still didn't really get to interact with her much... but that was okay, because interacting with everyone else in the office was cool enough, and I really got a better understanding of the work that Senators actually do. I was in the Hart Office Building, do you know which building you're going to be in yet?

I did that the fall of 2011, it was pretty cool. Keep your hopes down though, mostly you'll probably just be sorting constituent mail and answering calls and maybe running an errand every now and then. Even the day I got to "shadow" my senator I still didn't really get to interact with her much... but that was okay, because interacting with everyone else in the office was cool enough, and I really got a better understanding of the work that Senators actually do. I was in the Hart Office Building, do you know which building you're going to be in yet?

It would only for the second half of the summer in his state office so it's all constituent work (and it's not guaranteed just yet) but I'm hoping to continue up in dc for the fall. I really want to be able to get a job or whatnot up there. I can't stand it down here anymore.

If I can get to DC my goal is to just talk to everyone I can to network and find something. Worst comes to worst I'll try to work on a 2014 campaign and try to get a job that way.

Lisa Murkowski has announced her support for marriage equality.

awesome. Just need full DOMA repeal.

I still don't like how they are couching this in "let the states deal with it" I mean I don't mind them not having a national law (I'm not even sure they could) but congress can force them to reciprocate marriages performed in other states.

This is begging for a Scumbag steve macro.

"See, I can totally afford healthy food on 31 dollars"

Diet contains zero vegetables, pasta and beans and rice exclusively.
Who can't afford vegetables with $31 in the US? Not defending him but bro...I can get corn, frozen mixed veggies, chicken breasts, potatoes, marinara sauce, and a box or two of pasta with that.

zargle

Who can't afford vegetables with $31 in the US? Not defending him but bro...I can get corn, frozen mixed veggies, chicken breasts, potatoes, marinara sauce, and a box or two of pasta with that.

I think in the press release they said he probably could afford them, he just didnt like vegetables so he didnt buy any.

I would love to see what effects that diet would have on him physically after eating nothing but 30 dollars of Dollar tree food for a month or more, instead of just a week.

Edit: Since they got mentioned around the same time and I forgot to ask/assume: In the Jindal letter, when he talks about flat earth, he is talking in terms of Friedman's Earth is Flat, right?

It would only for the second half of the summer in his state office so it's all constituent work (and it's not guaranteed just yet) but I'm hoping to continue up in dc for the fall.
Right I always forget about the state offices... The two do stay in contact, as any constituents that needed direct help would get directed to our Coordinator of Constituent Services (whose name I already forget) who was back in our state office, but for some reason I always forget about them... I guess I just assumed you were going to be in the DC office because all the other people I know who have interned for their Senators/Congresspeople have done it at their DC offices... although that's probably because I went to school in DC. But yeah, definitely try to get to the Hill if you're able to, it's quite the experience.

Huh. This is something to think about. For the all the talk of America becoming a majority-minority nation, it could still be majority White because the fastest-growing group is multi-racial. ThinkProgress link and here's Jemelle Bouie about it.
Bouie said:
Which gets to something I’ve argued in the past. While there’s no doubt the United States will become a place where people of Asian and Hispanic heritage are common, that’s not the same as saying it will become a “majority-minority” country. Given our history, and continued assimilation, intermarriage, and upward mobility among Latino and Asian Americans as a whole, there’s a good chance the United States will remain a “white” country, where “white” includes people of Hispanic and Asian heritage.

ThinkProgress said:
So when Census says whites will be a minority of the population in 2043, they mean that non-Hispanic, non-multiracial whites will be a minority, not that whites as defined by the race question above will be a minority. In fact, whites in the latter sense will continue to be a majority for quite some time — 71 percent in 2050, for example, a year where Census also projects that minorities, as defined above, will be 53 percent of the population.

Akainu

Eh, she could've picked a better example than some host no one's ever heard of on one AM station that likely gets zero ratings.

If we are talking about the same thing I think the greater point was that one of the heads of homeland security was on the show.

Huh. This is something to think about. For the all the talk of America becoming a majority-minority nation, it could still be majority White because the fastest-growing group is multi-racial. ThinkProgress link and here's Jemelle Bouie about it.
Mixed race is minority and not "white". Obama is mixed race, he's not white.

If you have a minority parent you going to have an identification with a minority group that a white kid will lack

Mixed race is minority and not "white". Obama is mixed race, he's not white.

If you have a minority parent you going to have an identification with a minority group that a white kid will lack
That doesn't apply to people who are Hispanic-White or Asian-White. When people talk about the nation being minority-majority, they mean that non-Hispanic, non-multi-racial Whites won't be a majority anymore. However, if you include people who identify as White but who have Hispanic or Asian backgrounds, Whites will still be a majority with 71% of the population by 2050.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom