• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2014 |OT2| We need to be more like Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
It infuriates me that we're in this worried predicament because two of the teabagger-iest candidates in the country have some how tricked the media and the populace of a not completely batshit state that they're not extremists but totally reasonable, common sense conservatives.

And why the fuck is Scott Brown roughly tied with Shaheen when he was getting his ass whooped just a few weeks ago?

It infuriates me that we're in this worried predicament because two of the teabagger-iest candidates in the country have some how tricked the media and the populace of a not completely batshit state that they're not extremists but totally reasonable, common sense conservatives.

And why the fuck is Scott Brown roughly tied with Shaheen when he was getting his ass whooped just a few weeks ago?

and where the hell did you get this from?

Is Obama using his Chicago style politics to reward the voter before the big election?

Hannity Investigates.

gasprice_zps2e824ad7.png

Raise the fucking gas tax, Obozo. THIS IS THE TIME TO DO IT

Wilsongt

Is Obama using his Chicago style politics to reward the voter before the big election?

Hannity Investigates.

gasprice_zps2e824ad7.png

Raise the fucking gas tax, Obozo. THIS IS THE TIME TO DO IT

Gas prices too hard? Obama is terrible for the economy.
Gas prices too low? Obama is terrible for the economy.

Truly a damned if you do, damned if you don't president.

Gas prices too hard? Obama is terrible for the economy.
Gas prices too low? Obama is terrible for the economy.

Truly a damned if you do, damned if you don't president.

Honestly, it probably does make people go to the polls in a better mood.

"Oh damn, gas was 2.85? What a fun day. You know, maybe that incumbent dude isnt so bad"

Bad news for non-incumbents.

African president brings us African problems.

News at 11, after an update on the drought.

Wilsongt

Honestly, it probably does make people go to the polls in a better mood.

"Oh damn, gas was 2.85? What a fun day. You know, maybe that incumbent dude isnt so bad"

Bad news for non-incumbents.

African president brings us African problems.

News at 11, after an update on the drought.

Breaking news: Snow in the south on November 1st? Lol global warming. More news after sports

If the Gop wins the senate because of border security and ebola, I will suck every dick in this thread. >:[

I don't know why you guys keep trying to attach meaning to midterms. Why did Obama, Reagan, and Clinton all suffer losses for their party but still get a 2nd term?

It really doesn't need to have meaning it's just something that happens.

Diablos

Funny how these glitches seem to only go one way. H less there are other reports I have missed.
What is infururiating to me is if Republicans really back their rhetoric enusring every vote is legitimate, then they'd also ensure the software on every fucking voting machine adheres to the same testing standards statewide, minimizing if not eliminating situations where people knowingly (or unknowingly) cast their vote for someone else.

Since 2004 it's safe to say glitchy voting software, be it from bugs discovered in the wild or even apparent intentional tampering, pose a much greater threat to the legitimacy of one's vote than all the horseshit the GOP spews about voter fraud.

Simply put, over the past 10 years the greatest amount of fraud likely hasn't come from any person claiming to be someone else, but gltichy software/configurations that recorded someone's vote incorrectly or threw it away. In 2012 one of my relatives went to vote with her husband and the machine crashed on them. They said there was nothing they could do and were left with no choice but to leave with their votes essentially tossed out, because no one knew how to actually see if their votes were counted or not.

http://cdn.americanprogressaction.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/IAPoll_toplines.pdf

PPP:

Ernst: 48%
Braley: 47%
Undecided (HOW): 5%

43% said they have already voted.

Quinnipiac:

Braley: 47%
Ernst: 47%
Undecided (AGAIN STOP): 4%

So Braley wins if the election day vote is relatively close, due to early voting? I'm still expecting an Ernst win but this is an interesting development.

If dems keep the senate you know what's going to happen in 2016 when Hillary has an 80-90% chance to win by October against Scott Walker: a revitalized right wing poll skewing movement, always pointing out how wrong the polls were in 2014. Nevermind the fact that if 2014 polls are wrong it's because they suck at polling Hispanics (CO) and Alaska in general.

Tim-E

I think I need to see a few more campaign ads before I walk into the polling place in five minutes before I make my decision.

No Durbin implosion in IL so that's good.

Damn Rauner must be a new level of shit if he loses to a guy with a 34% approval rating.

My personal view as a Chicagoan--

I don't think Quinn's done a good job, but I look to the immediate North and think of the consequences of a GOP Governor.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Talk about a last minute correction. Quinnipac finally releases a non-insane Colorado poll 45% Gardner - 43% Udall.

Quinnipac since September: Gardner +8, Gardner +6, Gardner +7, Gardner +2
If all this Ebola bullshit is what caused this...
What if franken got ebola but didn't quarantine himself?

Aaron Strife may already be dead.

thcsquad

I live in walking distance of a polling place, I have zero excuses not to vote tomorrow.

True, but polling places are everywhere; my parents live in sprawling single-use zoned neighborhood and their polling place (neighborhood church) is even within walking distance. This is good, because less people would vote if they had to deal with long lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom