• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT| Keep Calm and Diablos On

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

cant wait for the inevitable Jeb Bush thread and dynasty accusations tomorrow.

"What a joke", "clown car", "dont like dynasties", "Bush vs Clinton"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The Jeb logo sucks.

Then again, Hillary's isn't so good either, but it's still better than Jeb's.

Hilary's is silly, it's like something someone fresh out of design school would come up with, but Jeb's is deeply embarrassing. Whoever made it needs to apologize to everyone right now.

Man it's crazy just how far ahead Obama was from a campaign perspective, on every level. Logo, online presence, events, campaign staff training, etc. Even Hillary's big announcement event seemed staged and lifeless compared to Obama's first event.

I really don't sense any momentum behind any candidate right now. Perhaps because it's so early...

watershed

Banned
I wonder if she will redesign it. There's enough time.

I don't think so. Too many stickers/posters/cards/etc out there. The stage at her official announcement speech was even shaped like that H with an arrow pointing out. It's not a great design but the one good thing I've seen from it is on twitter where the campaign removes the fill color/pattern and puts in some other kind of image. It works pretty well for that.

This Jeb logo is another level of bad.

HylianTom

Banned
The Jeb logo sucks.

Then again, Hillary's isn't so good either, but it's still better than Jeb's.

Hilary's is silly, it's like something someone fresh out of design school would come up with, but Jeb's is deeply embarrassing. Whoever made it needs to apologize to everyone right now.

Hillary's is at least functional; her design folks have been doing some pretty sharp google-doodle-esque pandering with all sorts of redesigns. Now that I've seen the different locations and issues overlayed onto the base template, I understand what they were going for and why the basic "H" had to be pretty bland.

Jeb's reminds me of a Broadway musical poster with just the title character on it.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
my custom jeb 2016 logo

7UuVfwZ.gif

Man it's crazy just how far ahead Obama was from a campaign perspective, on every level. Logo, online presence, events, campaign staff training, etc. Even Hillary's big announcement event seemed staged and lifeless compared to Obama's first event.

I really don't sense any momentum behind any candidate right now. Perhaps because it's so early...
Hilary's speech and policies seem to be more progressive though (because th party is)
my custom jeb 2016 logo

7UuVfwZ.gif
Please post this in the thread tomorrow

NeoXChaos

my custom jeb 2016 logo

7UuVfwZ.gif

If he wont I will. I might make the thread too. Let me get a draft.

http://endjeb2016.com/

I didnt know an old 2007 Hillary announcement thread was here. Sentiment is similar but this time we are stuck with her.

I hope Democrats go with someone else.
We desperately need to break out of this Bush/Clinton/Bush/Clinton partisan-extreme cycle. We need someone fresh.

If Hillary gets the Democratic nomination...say hello to another Republican victory in 2008.

she has already been president for eight years find someone new

While I would prefer a democrat winning, Hilary scares the **** out of me and should not be elected under any circumstances.

And with that millions of Republicans just got an anger boner. Trust me, the Karl Roves of the country are very excited with this news:lol

I truly believe it's in the republican's BEST interest that Hillary wins the nomination and beats out Obama. They'll sit back and watch Hillary go after Obama and possibly help (Fox is already smearing him); I doubt Obama will go after anyone. If Hillary wins they'll have a decades worth of napalm waiting for her.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Please post this in the thread tomorrow

I have a feeling Jeb's announcement is really going to bring neoGAF servers to their knees tomorrow, so it's probably best to get your Jeb announcement thoughts out now while you still can.

I have a feeling Jeb's announcement is really going to bring neoGAF servers to their knees tomorrow, so it's probably best to get your Jeb announcement thoughts out now while you still can.

Yeah, out of all possible things happening tomorrow, what's really going to kill GAF is Jeb Bush's announcement.

That tracks.

NeoXChaos

Is America that dumb enough to elect another Bush into the White House?

or Get ready for Iraq War 3.0 & Afghanistan 2.0 with a side of Syria 1.5.

Hahaha. This I think is gonna be my first e3 in years where I'm not gonna be able to watch it live. My new job doesn't give me time (though its great and I can't complain!)

Jeb has to be the weakest assumed front runner in decades. Some might argue for Rudy in 2008 but I'd say anyone who expected him to do well with heartland republicans was crazy.

There is literally no momentum or movement for this guy outside of beltway types and corporate folks. Plus Rubio is going to make it hard for him to win Florida and start a comeback (I'm assuming he'll lose most of the pre-Florida contests).

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Jeb has to be the weakest assumed front runner in decades. Some might argue for Rudy in 2008 but I'd say anyone who expected him to do well with heartland republicans was crazy.

There is literally no momentum or movement for this guy outside of beltway types and corporate folks. Plus Rubio is going to make it hard for him to win Florida and start a comeback (I'm assuming he'll lose most of the pre-Florida contests).
But he's got an exclamation mark in his logo! Can you not feel the astroturfed excitement?

Diablos

Obama was better than Washington. That's why. Then he had two awesome years as President. After that he had some other victories but the GOP and SCOTUS kicked his progressive agenda in the gut. Democratic Party incompetence in Congress didn't help either. Obama was the closest thing we've had to a true progressive since FDR and LBJ but the powers that be sure put a lid on that...

Hillary would be an okay president but not as good as Obama in terms of priorities at least.

I honestly believe he fucked up big time by not blocking the banker bonuses early on.

You could feel the populist balloon start to deflate at that moment. Things might have been very different if he'd managed to keep the populism train going awhile longer.

I honestly believe he fucked up big time by not blocking the banker bonuses early on.

You could feel the populist balloon start to deflate at that moment. Things might have been very different if he'd managed to keep the populism train going awhile longer.

It would depend a lot on what he did and under what conditions, but the suggested cap on private businesses compensation would have really, really rubbed me the wrong way. Unless it was somehow tied to unrepaid bailout money, I'd have considered it a huge overreach.

You might have.

A lot of people really had their enthusiasm dampened when bailed-out banks still paid out those bonuses.

Not saying you're right or wrong. Just asserting that it hurt Obama.

Wilsongt

MSNBC’s Senior Recognizable Human Emotions Correspondent Mitt Romney filed a report with Morning Joe on Hillary Clinton Monday morning, diagnosing a certain Janus-faced quality to Clinton’s features that he worried would cost her electorally.

“When you see her on a stage or when she come into a room full of people, she’s smiling with her mouth, but her eyes are saying ‘Where’s my latte?'” Romney said of Clinton’s second campaign launch at Governor’s Island. “It just doesn’t suggest that she believes everything she’s saying.”

Really, Romney? Really?

AndyD

aka andydumi
It would depend a lot on what he did and under what conditions, but the suggested cap on private businesses compensation would have really, really rubbed me the wrong way. Unless it was somehow tied to unrepaid bailout money, I'd have considered it a huge overreach.

That's exactly what many called for at the time. So that it's not a permanent thing, and it gives incentives to payback the bailouts so that top brass can return to huge pay bonuses. Unfortunately we never saw it happen.

The other thing that would have gone over very well, some top brass indictments, even if the trials ended up nowhere. People just saw the bankers get money with no limits or consequences and got disillusioned immediately.

You might have.

A lot of people really had their enthusiasm dampened when bailed-out banks still paid out those bonuses.

Not saying you're right or wrong. Just asserting that it hurt Obama.

Textbook no drama Obama+being a corporatist. That was the perfect opportunity to fuck the banks. I understand nationalizing them wasn't going to happen, but the fact that nothing happened really set the stage for the rest of his presidency.

watershed

Banned
Christie and his team have entirely mismanaged his presidential aspirations. There was a time when he could have been the clear, no nonsense, mainstream conservative candidate. Instead he's a longshot, flipflopping, mired in controversy also-ran.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom