• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT| Keep Calm and Diablos On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

It'd be like Sony's E3 conference come to life!

:lol
After Obama's three new left-leaning SCOTUS nominees are confirmed, liberal think tanks get together and sue the Obama Administration because the ACA should have a public option. In the ultimate blow to George W. Bush's SCOTUS nomination rhetoric, the court "legislates from the bench" and enacts a public option, citing the fact that states already have incentive and may be proceeding to do this themselves thus being unfair to the rest of the nation. Republicans cry themselves to sleep for the rest of the year.

After Obama's three new left-leaning SCOTUS nominees are confirmed, liberal think tanks get together and sue the Obama Administration because the ACA should have a public option. In the ultimate blow to George W. Bush's SCOTUS nomination rhetoric, the court "legislates from the bench" and enacts a public option, citing the fact that states already have incentive and may be proceeding to do this themselves thus being unfair to the rest of the nation. Republicans cry themselves to sleep for the rest of the year.

Also bernie fever takes the country by storm and a new social democratic wave engulfs the US, giving democrats ample majorities in congress. 4 years down the line, basic income is passed, infrastructure is restored and expanded, government debt is 250% of GDP, living standards are through the roof and inflation is still pretty ok.

oh and drugs are made legal on the federal level. Mexico rejoices.

I wonder how they're going to rule in the Arizona redistricting case. I really hope they don't bust non-partisan redistricting commissions. If anything, all states should use them.
Sounds like they will. I'm not sure how I feel about it honestly. Non-partisan redistricting in theory would cut down on gerrymandering but just because something is called nonpartisan doesn't mean it is.

The AZ map is slanted a bit towards Democrats, for instance.

Diablos

"If we have an opinion from Kennedy, that means we could only get the next opinion or opinions from Kennedy, Scalia, or the Chief Justice."

Fuck. Please keep being Kennedy. I don't trust anyone else on the right.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Scalia, Thomas, and Alito against Obamacare. Shocking news.

HylianTom

Banned
Scalia: We should start calling this law SCOTUScare

Salty. Love it. I hope someday there are eight liberals and Scalia writing pithy dissents.

I've always said that that's my dream SCOTUS. He's at his best when he's being snarky.

Almost seems like he's been particularly acidic during this term.

"Words no longer have meaning," says Scalia
*giggle*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom