• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT| Keep Calm and Diablos On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tammy Duckworth up 6 points over Kirk, 42-36

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2015/07/kirk-unpopular-trails-duckworth.html

With favorables like that, I don't know how he can do to recover except for Tammy to just fall apart on her own, which I don't foresee. She's a good candidate.

ALL HAIL THE DUCK
Illinois and Wisconsin seem like easy pick-ups, I'd peg both of them at Lean D for now.

As long as Hillary wins we just need two more, and PA, FL, OH, and NH could all very well be coin flips.

Wilsongt

@marcorubio
Look at all this outrage over a dead lion, but where is all the outrage over the planned parenthood dead babies.

giphy.gif

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Good going, Hilldawg:

“I have seen pictures from them and obviously find them disturbing. Planned Parenthood is answering questions and will continue to answer questions. I think there are two points to make. One, Planned Parenthood for more than a century has done a lot of really good work for women: cancer screenings, family planning, all kinds of health services. And this raises not questions about Planned Parenthood so much as it raises questions about the whole process, that is, not just involving Planned Parenthood, but many institutions in our country.”

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20150729/NEWS0605/150729073

UGH.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Apparently the GOP has known about those Planned Parenthood tapes for a while. And that lead to some incoherent answers to the question "So why didn't you then investigate this matter earlier?"

But never mind that . . . why now? Some people theorized that having this Planned Parenthood tape story would steal the oxygen away from Donald Trump. And also force him to speak on the topic of abortion, a topic on which he was solidly pro-choice in the past.

But it doesn't look like it worked. Nothing stops the Donald Train.

People also don't want to touch it because it's a sensitive issue that also affects deceased people of all ages. We just don't want to think what happens to bodies after the death of a relative. And organs are useful and save more lives.

Like the hotdog dilemma, we all "know" what's in there but we choose to ignore the details because it's so delicious.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
he's angry about his example of false equivalency but the question could be easily shifted to him about something more valid.

No, I understand. What I meant was that black teens getting shot isn't something Rubio would normally give a shit about to begin with.

TheFatOne

Hey poligaf I know this is probably a dumb question, but I don't follow politics closely. Trump has no chance in hell of becoming the president right? Or even getting the republican nomination right?

Grexeno

Hey poligaf I know this is probably a dumb question, but I don't follow politics closely. Trump has no chance in hell of becoming the president right? Or even getting the republican nomination right?
President? Probably no chance in hell.

Republican nomination? Looking increasingly likely every day.

thefro

No way.
Like I wish, that would be hilarious, but there's no chance.

You'd expect Trump not to get enough delegates to clinch outright but if we go to a brokered convention and Trump gets screwed by the establishment I'd say it's a lock he runs as a third party candidate.

Chichikov

You'd expect Trump not to get enough delegates to clinch outright but if we go to a brokered convention and Trump gets screwed by the establishment I'd say it's a lock he runs as a third party candidate.
I don't see a brokered convention happening, and again, Trump will never win one.

I really have no idea about the chances of him going 3rd party, a month ago I would've said no way, but who the fuck even know now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't see a brokered convention happening, and again, Trump will never win one.

I really have no idea about the chances of him going 3rd party, a month ago I would've said no way, but who the fuck even know now.

If he feels he got forced out by someone other than the voters themselves, he will totally run as a 3rd party. Dude lives for revenge, though it often backfires on him.

Black on black crime has been addressed for decades. Not sure what you mean.

Not really. I've been thinking about making a thread about this and kind of went off on a tangent here. Specifically the intellectual bankruptcy of emotion driven movements like BLM and why I can't stand white liberalism when it comes to race. Still putting my thoughts together.

Not really. I've been thinking about making a thread about this and kind of went off on a tangent here. Specifically the intellectual bankruptcy of emotion driven movements like BLM and why I can't stand white liberalism when it comes to race. Still putting my thoughts together.

Do it, would be interesting to follow.

He going to get destroyed in negative ads by Bush if that poll is a week before the FL Primary. He will get destroyed by negative ads well before the primaries. I see no effort of his in spending his money on TV advertisement.

And then one shouldn't be surprised if he brings Schiavo up and destroys Jeb right back. This is the problem with his opponents: they also have massive weak points.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Please do

You better have a lot of legit examples for your thread pd, otherwise prepare for a hundred arguments. U know what, prepare for them anyway

They're going to happen anyway. Some feel you can't talk about black on black violence because it takes away from the topic of white cops killing black people. Both are fucked up beyond reason. I'd be interested in reading that topic.

Would read.

They're going to happen anyway. Some feel you can't talk about black on black violence because it takes away from the topic of white cops killing black people. Both are fucked up beyond reason. I'd be interested in reading that topic.

That's the thing though. I reject that argument, which tbh seems less like an actual argument than a shut down of the intellectual thought process.

Cops killing black people is not the main problem in black America, and neither is black on black crime for that matter. They're symptoms of the actual problem, which is socioeconomic in nature. Institutional racism and structural, designed poverty; stuffing people in a box with guns and drugs. But surely we should also talk about personal responsibility and how we can tackle these constructs as well - a discussion that doesn't require a list of demands from white people, but instead requires personal action on our part. But every time someone tries to have that type of comprehensive discussion they're shouted down - either by emotional blacks or white guilt riddled liberals. The Cosby comparison is automatically made, or the comparison to Fox News shit tier race agitators who use "black on black crime/personal responsibility" as an excuse. I have no interest in being compared to strawmen, I want to debate the issue seriously.

And given that reality this forum makes it even harder to have that discussion, due to the players/posters involved; I already know who's going to waltz in the thread with glib retorts, who is going to waltz in attempting to police language and tell me what I can and can't say (more than a few of whom will be white, I might add), etc. It's frustrating. I'm frustrated watching what I deem to be a very low, unimpressive level of discourse garbled into 140 characters of pure emotion. With no solutions or room for debate.

benjipwns

Banned
That's the thing though. I reject that argument, which tbh seems less like an actual argument than a shut down of the intellectual thought process.

Cops killing black people is not the main problem in black America, and neither is black on black crime for that matter. They're symptoms of the actual problem, which is socioeconomic in nature. Institutional racism and structural, designed poverty; stuffing people in a box with guns and drugs. But surely we should also talk about personal responsibility and how we can tackle these constructs as well - a discussion that doesn't require a list of demands from white people, but instead requires personal action on our part. But every time someone tries to have that type of comprehensive discussion they're shouted down - either by emotional blacks or white guilt riddled liberals. The Cosby comparison is automatically made, or the comparison to Fox News shit tier race agitators who use "black on black crime/personal responsibility" as an excuse. I have no interest in being compared to strawmen, I want to debate the issue seriously.

And given that reality this forum makes it even harder to have that discussion, due to the players/posters involved; I already know who's going to waltz in the thread with glib retorts, who is going to waltz in attempting to police language and tell me what I can and can't say (more than a few of whom will be white, I might add), etc. It's frustrating. I'm frustrated watching what I deem to be a very low, unimpressive level of discourse garbled into 140 characters of pure emotion. With no solutions or room for debate.
People aren't even going to want to discuss the real driver behind all our problems: the state.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

So would you rather debate it in this topic instead?

I'd like to think just the simple fact that you acknowledge the existence of institutional racism would make you be taken far more seriously than the types that get shouted down in those race topics, but I guess I can't say for sure.

CLFoMyFUAAAKcHP.png

Democrats look good based on this.
Huh. What happened between '96 and 2000?
How are we so sure capitalism isn't the problem?

I blame the system.
It is, but only in a blame game sort of way. Racism against black people being largely rooted in a series of justifications for their mass enslavement. Doesn't really apply as much today, tho, those ideas are pretty well self-perpetuating at this point.

So would you rather debate it in this topic instead?

I'd like to think just the simple fact that you acknowledge the existence of institutional racism would make you be taken far more seriously than the types that get shouted down in those race topics, but I guess I can't say for sure.

Honestly I'm not sure that's true, at least based on my personal interaction with BLM folks irl and some stuff I've read. The debates are very limited and focused entirely one a small handful of topics (specifically cop violence). The criticism and debating I'm used to seeing, be it black intelligentsia or modern black writers, is absent.

benjipwns

Banned
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2015/07/29/author-on-bill-clinton-he-has-a-blonde-busty-mistress/
He reports some very scandalous stories in the book, including allegations of former President Clinton carrying out liaisons with another women when his wife, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, is not around.

“He has a blonde, busty mistress, and she’s been code named Energizer by agents. This is unofficially, but that is what they call her…She comes in to the Chappaqua [NY] home whenever Hillary leaves. The details coordinate to make sure they don’t cross paths. She, unlike Hillary, is very nice to the agents. She’ll bring cookies.”

Kessler also contends the Clinton’s relationship is only based on their desire to return to the White House in 2016.

“Agents say that it’s a business relationship. It’s not a marriage at all. It’s a total fake, like everything else about Hillary. It’s just a big show and a scam.”

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/congr...charged-participating-racketeering-conspiracy
A member of Congress and four of his associates were indicted today for their roles in a racketeering conspiracy involving several schemes that were intended to further the political and financial interests of the defendants and others by, among other tactics, misappropriating hundreds of thousands of dollars of federal, charitable and campaign funds.

Congressman Chaka Fattah Sr., 58, of Philadelphia; lobbyist Herbert Vederman, 69, of Palm Beach, Florida; Fattah’s Congressional District Director Bonnie Bowser, 59, of Philadelphia; and Robert Brand, 69, of Philadelphia; and Karen Nicholas, 57, of Williamstown, New Jersey, were charged today in a 29-count indictment with participating in a racketeering conspiracy and other crimes, including bribery; conspiracy to commit mail, wire and honest services fraud; and multiple counts of mail fraud, falsification of records, bank fraud, making false statements to a financial institution and money laundering.
Typical DemocRAT corruption, hope Congress calls Hillary and Holder to testify on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom