• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT| Keep Calm and Diablos On

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiggyCal

Banned
Visited Rubio's Facebook page.

11206963_10153257237887708_613645358542468233_n.png

Yep, this "New American Century" where rape victims have to carry their rape babies to term is going to be fucking spectacular.

I wonder if they picked this picture because he looks a lot older than he actually is.

Visited Rubio's Facebook page.

11206963_10153257237887708_613645358542468233_n.png

Yep, this "New American Century" where rape victims have to carry their rape babies to term is going to be fucking spectacular.
New American Century? Are you fucking kidding me?

Yeah, that last Project for a New American Century went so well!

Are these people that stupid?

Then again . . . maybe Rubio wants us to remember PNAC . . . and one of its signatories.

Signatories to Statement of Principles[edit]
Elliott Abrams[5]
Gary Bauer[5]
William J. Bennett[5]
John Ellis "Jeb" Bush[5]
Dick Cheney[5]
Eliot A. Cohen[5]
Midge Decter[5]
Paula Dobriansky[5]
Steve Forbes[5]
Aaron Friedberg[5]
Francis Fukuyama[5]
Frank Gaffney[5]
Fred C. Ikle[5]
Kagan[5]
Zalmay Khalilzad[5]
I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby[5]
Norman Podhoretz[5]
J. Danforth Quayle[5]
Peter W. Rodman[5]
Stephen P. Rosen[5]
Henry S. Rowen[5]
Rumsfeld[5]
Vin Weber[5]
George Weigel[5]
Paul Wolfowitz[5]

Bowdz

I'm kind of blown away just how far most of the GOP primary candidates have tacked right this early in the race. Ignoring the massive demographic/electoral advantage Democrats had, most Republican insiders recognize that the topics that universally were toxic for Romney (even if they were being brought up by random Senatorial candidates) were abortion, immigration, and gay marriage. What are the three dominating factors of the GOP primary thus far? Abortion, immigration, and gay marriage.

War never changes.

Also, lol at Jeb's team fucking up the red arrow in the Hilldawg parody logo. Could they really not line the corners of the arrow up with the corners of the "taxes" bar?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I really, really want Biden to run. I think he's got a great background and could really appeal to the average American worker.

Edit:

:lol :lol :lol

I predict a MAJOR turn of events next debate. We're going to see a lot of Trump rear-kissing because he'll destroy them if they don't.

God, Trump makes the lamest, low effort insults. They have all the sophistication of an angry 5 year old.

"DUMMY!"
"LOSER!"

In other news...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMEU-byWUAEzUIM.png[/IG]

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CME4cEzW8AQLEpg.png[/MG]

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMFeeM5WEAAfwsm.png/IMG]

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMF7gzCWcAAEXZq.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

The republican tactics have never evolved from "tax and spend liberals" attack on democrats since Reagan...The sad thing is that it works for their constituency.

NeoXChaos

Speaking of Sanders crowds, does his campaign have a campaign and field operation beyond IA and NH? Have not seen many if any stories on his operations in SC, NV and beyond. I assume where he is going he has field offices there.

I know nobody wants to hear my shit but i turned the lights on and there was a quarter sized waterbug and i stepped on it in a panic as it ran desperately to the shadows and now i only have one shoe to walk around in you guys Im breathing real slow all traumatized

gcubed

The republican tactics have never evolved from "tax and spend liberals" attack on democrats since Reagan...The sad thing is that it works for their constituency.

Why not just reply back with a picture of Donald Trumps face. Clinton staffers trying to get too cute.

NeoXChaos

This conservative is angry.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/08/jeb-bush-2016-futility-121233.html?ml=m_t3_2h#.Vcl5nyZViko

If Republicans nominate a third Bush to face a second Clinton, they will suffer their third consecutive loss in the battle for the White House. Each of those losses will have been rooted in one undeniable fact: a milquetoast, Washington establishment-backed nominee is unelectable

Wait a minute, you say. Didn’t Bush 41 and 43 win? Their campaigns may have been dishonest, but didn’t it work in the end? Doesn’t this augur well for Jeb?
Republicans would make a big mistake believing this. History tells the story. Why the two other Bushes won is precisely why this Bush is the wrong fit for the GOP and why he won’t win.
Go back to the 1988 campaign. Even with all the trappings of the vice presidency, and the incredible record of his predecessor, Bush was being soundly thrashed by Michael Dukakis throughout the summer of 1988. At the end of July Dukakis was destroying him 55-to-37 in national polls.
Only when Dukakis imploded with a series of foolish missteps, and Ronald Reagan publicly called on conservatives to rally behind Bush, did the base respond. But make no mistake about it: The conservative base was responding to Reagan, not Bush.
Jeb Bush has nothing of the sort behind him. There is no conservative leader anywhere with any serious gravitas endorsing him. In fact, virtually no major moderate GOP leader is endorsing him either. He’s got a handful of House members, and no sitting Senators in his camp.
George W. won in 2000 based on a different dynamic. After 8 years of Clinton-Gore, the American people were ready for a change.
It should have been a cake-walk for the Republicans. For goodness sakes: it was Al Gore! But Gore actually defeated Bush in the popular vote that year. Four years later, with the 9/11 political winds still behind him, it should have been another landslide, yet George W. barely defeated John Kerry.
There has never been a mandate for a Bush. So how to elect yet another one?
As they did with his brother, the GOP establishment is touting Jeb Bush’s conservative record as governor. As they did with his father, they’re downplaying his anti-conservative positions on big issues. As they do with every moderate, they’re promoting his so-called “electability” as a general election candidate against Hillary Clinton.

In 1996, Bob Dole declared himself a conservative. McCain does it every time he’s running for office. In 2012 Mitt Romney called himself “severely conservative.” Ultimately none of them made the sale because conservatives weren’t buying.
Conservatives have had it with Me-Too Republicans, the kind who spend millions of dollars campaigning as champions of conservative values only to passively—and dishonestly—go along with liberal Democrats on virtually every single important issue. They’ve had it with the cowardice and/or duplicity of John Boehner in the House and Mitch McConnell in the Senate.
They’re not about to put up with more of these broken promises by a moderate in the White House in 2017. This time around the Republican Party has several worthy conservatives who can unite the party and win the White House, and GOP voters will see actual success if they nominate one of them instead of a third Bush who will lose to a second Clinton.
Over 85 percent of Republican voters can’t be wrong. They’re looking beyond Jeb Bush because they don’t want to lose again.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I giggle with delight when I see that conservatives are panicking because Jeb isn't conservative enough. They think Romney lost because he was boring.

(LOL)

It's funny, we were all making the same comments after the 2014 midterms about the DINOs who ran an anti-Obama campaign and ended up being crushed by the genuine article. I don't think the demographics bear out his sentiment, that what "Americans" want is a "true conservative," but there is something to the line of logic that a candidate that tries to appeal to everybody but the base is just gonna get crushed.

John McCain wants to invade basically every nation on earth, very liberal man right there.

Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush will vow on Tuesday to pursue an aggressive strategy against Islamic State militants if elected, in a speech in which he will also seek to blame Democrat Hillary Clinton for some of the unrest in Iraq.

Bush is to deliver a 9 p.m. EDT foreign policy speech at the Ronald Reagan presidential library in Simi Valley, Calif., where the next debate will take place on Sept. 16 among candidates for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination.

Excerpts of the speech released by his campaign show that Bush will call Islamic State "the focus of evil in the world today" and say that, if elected in November 2016, he would embark on an "unyielding" effort to overcome the threat.

"We should pursue the clear and unequivocal objective of throwing back the barbarians of ISIS, and helping the millions in the region who want to live in peace," Bush will say. ISIS is another name for the Islamic State group.

He will argue that President Barack Obama's policy, which relies heavily on air strikes against Islamic State targets in Syria and Iraq, is failing to turn the tide.

"Instead of simply reacting to each new move the terrorists choose to make, we will use every advantage we have, to take the offensive, to keep it, and to prevail," Bush will say. "In all of this, the United States must engage with friends and allies, and lead again in that vital region."

The GOP sure are saying a lot of big words about what we need to feel about ISIS, but their actual plans have no details whatsoever and I'm guessing they would follow the exact same strategy as Obama.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015...dType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=twitter

gcubed

It's funny, we were all making the same comments after the 2014 midterms about the DINOs who ran an anti-Obama campaign and ended up being crushed by the genuine article. I don't think the demographics bear out his sentiment, that what "Americans" want is a "true conservative," but there is something to the line of logic that a candidate that tries to appeal to everybody but the base is just gonna get crushed.

The Republican base will always come out to vote for their label to prevent a liberal takeover. The democrat base are immensely less motivated and will stay home when there is a candidate they don't like. You run away from your base and you don't get votes from the democrats. Republicans will always show

It's also the reason why "not conservative enough" is the epitome of cluelessness

This conservative is angry.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/08/jeb-bush-2016-futility-121233.html?ml=m_t3_2h#.Vcl5nyZViko

Jeb Bush has nothing of the sort behind him. There is no conservative leader anywhere with any serious gravitas endorsing him.

[/B]

I don't mean to be flippant but there are no conservative leaders with any serious gravitas. Pretty much anyone who might fit the shoes of that description is running for the GOP presidential nomination and they are all getting their asses handed to them by Donald J. Trump.

Reagan is dead. An endorsement from his father HW isn't really going to help at all. And an endorsement from his brother W is toxic. Every other Republican president is dead.

Does anyone give a fuck what Boehner or McConnell think?

Who is he talking about? Rush? Glenn Beck? Alex Jones? Bill O'Reilly?

HylianTom

Banned

He pretty much forwards my theory: if Jeb's the nominee, many conservatives who have "had enough from the GOPe" will either sit at home or go third-party, thus swinging the election to Hillary. They're well past the point where they've had it with allegedly "moderate" Republicans. Enough of the base is ready to watch the party burn down to the ground, and if it means losing the White House again (and the high court, though fewer realize it), then so be it.

We're going to see the House and Senate GOP cave on Planned Parenthood funding (which the Democrats will gloat about), and then another general budget battle where they're cave and fund government operations (which Democrats will gloat about), and the conservative base will be even further enraged.

Losing the Senate in 2014 might've felt like shit at the time, but given the incredibly unreasonable expectations that this shellacking rekindled within the GOP base, it looks more and more like it would be a blessing for 2016.

John McCain wants to invade basically every nation on earth, very liberal man right there.

The GOP sure are saying a lot of big words about what we need to feel about ISIS, but their actual plans have no details whatsoever and I'm guessing they would follow the exact same strategy as Obama.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015...dType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=twitter
The third Bush wants to send us to a third war in Iraq. The adds write themselves.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I don't mean to be flippant but there are no conservative leaders with any serious gravitas. Pretty much anyone who might fit the shoes of that description is running for the GOP presidential nomination and they are all getting their asses handed to them by Donald J. Trump.

Reagan is dead. An endorsement from his father HW isn't really going to help at all. And an endorsement from his brother W is toxic. Every other Republican president is dead.

Does anyone give a fuck what Boehner or McConnell think?

Who is he talking about? Rush? Glenn Beck? Alex Jones? Bill O'Reilly?

This is actually an amazing point -- which conservative's blessing/endorsement carries the most weight?

It has to be Rush Limbaugh. Has to be. Who else is there?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This is actually an amazing point -- which conservative's blessing/endorsement carries the most weight?

It has to be Rush Limbaugh. Has to be. Who else is there?

He's probably the biggest voice in the party at this point. They have no living legends left like the Dems do. Obama could end the democratic primary tomorrow if he wanted. I still remember when Ted Kennedy endorsed Obama, that was basically the day he beat Hillary. There aren't many politicians left right now with that sort of power, it's basically Obama and Bill Clinton (if Hillary wasn't running). Conservatives don't have anyone with that level of gravitas, even Limbaugh couldn't put an end to the GOP primary. His endorsement would be helpful, but not enough that anyone would go looking for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom