• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT| Keep Calm and Diablos On

Status
Not open for further replies.

watershed

Banned
Jeb is making the same mistake as Mitt. He wants to be a strong moderate but still feels the need to pander to the right. His clumsy attempts to pander and use the language of the far-right falls flat because he can't actually outflank other conservative candidates and at the same time he alienates the very people he would need to succeed as a moderate general election candidate. His "anchor babies" comment is the same as Mitt's "self-deportation," a surefire way to alienate Hispanic voters and anyone else for whom immigration is a litmus test issue.

Bowdz

Anyone watching this trump interview on CNN?

Watched the whole thing and actually thought Trump did a pretty good job. As much of a dick as he is, he is a very charismatic individual and contrasting that with Jeb! or Milquetoast Walker, he will inevitably generate more excitement and passion.

Watched the whole thing and actually thought Trump did a pretty good job. As much of a dick as he is, he is a very charismatic individual and contrasting that with Jeb! or Milquetoast Walker, he will inevitably generate more excitement and passion.

I think we all know he has energy and charisma but on the actual details it was pretty terrifying. The idea that the government can just pick and choose whose citizenship is "real" or not. The idea that he thinks he could send ground troops to Iraq or Syria and get the oil with minimal losses or money spent.

His conspiracy belief that Iran is both fighting and supporting ISIS is either just him being crazy or a fundamental ignorance of the conflict between sunni and shiite.

On the details part with trump I love how he always says stuff like... I'll get one of my good friends to handle "insert country/problem" he's very smart.

Boom handled

NeoXChaos

I'd bet you $100 cash money that Jeb doesn't get the nomination.

get on the prediction sweepstakes. You know that claim has to be challenged. If not Jeb then who?

PoliGAF 2016 Republican Nomination Winner Prediction Sweepstakes

Walker
PhoenixDark
Cheebo
RDreamer
FiggyCal

Trump
Plinko
B-Dubs
Poodlestrike
Jack Remington

Bush
NeoXChaos
Ivysaur12
kingkitty
NYCmetsfan
ErasureAcer
titiklabingapat
Y2Kev
Aaron Strife

Rubio
Frank the Great
Farmboy

Jindal
Retromelon

Kasich

Fiorina

Carson

Huckabee

Cruz

Gilmore

Patacki

Santorum

Perry

Graham

Paul

Christie

I think we all know he has energy and charisma but on the actual details it was pretty terrifying. The idea that the government can just pick and choose whose citizenship is "real" or not. The idea that he thinks he could send ground troops to Iraq or Syria and get the oil with minimal losses or money spent.

His conspiracy belief that Iran is both fighting and supporting ISIS is either just him being crazy or a fundamental ignorance of the conflict between sunni and shiite.
I can't believe we are debating whether we should become a pirate nation.

And the Iran/ISIS stuff...he is more ignorant than water boy. Amazing.

Well, I think Trump's chances are dropping. He's suggesting non sensical things. Then again, it is the GOP primary.

Grexeno

Well, there's no way to be sure, since nobody has ever heard of Jim Gilmore.

Have they been seen in the same room together?
I'm not sure. I legit think at one of these debates Jim Gilmore might rip of his mask, revealing his sheer, horrendous brilliance, incinerating all the other contenders and immediately jumping to 85% in the Iowa polling.

Some people on Twitter were speculating that the establishment would be scared off because this is Jeb's final form and it fucking sucks. I wonder what it would take for the establishment to be scared off of Jeb.

Some people on Twitter were speculating that the establishment would be scared off because this is Jeb's final form and it fucking sucks. I wonder what it would take for the establishment to be scared off of Jeb.

Evidently some of his money bag donors are sniffing around other options:

Washington Post said:
Some major Bush donors quietly have reached out to the Kasich team in recent days to learn more about the Ohio governor and express interest in possibly supporting him, according to Republicans familiar with the conversations.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...00ee88-4682-11e5-846d-02792f854297_story.html

KingK

Does anybody have recommendations for good places online to get a daily political news roundup?

Normally i get most of my news from listening to NPR to/from work and from checking this thread (and any OT political threads) daily. But at least until after the primaries, i think i need to take a break from poliGaf, as this place and all of the OT threads have become a fucking shitshow.

The Trump circus was funny for a while, but I'm getting kinda tired and disinterested in the constant jokes and headlines about him. Then the only discussions that aren't about Trump are Bernie vs Clinton, which are just fucking terrible. In the OT you've got the "both sides are the same" crowd calling anybody willing to vote for Hillary a corporate sellout, and the condescending Hillary stans getting their rocks off feeling superior to everyone else, yelling at each other for 90% of the posts. And in this thread, when we're not talking about Trump, it's always pointing and laughing at Sanders and his supporters, with many of the posters here, who i normally love reading, showing nothing but utter contempt and disdain for anyone who dares to like Sanders or show skepticism about Queen Hillary.

As someone who is supporting Sanders in the primary and also planning to vote Clinton in the very likely event she's the nominee (i don't have any huge problems with Clinton's current positions outside of maybe foreign policy), i just don't really feel welcome here anymore. I hate how fucking long campaign season is.

NeoXChaos

Does anybody have recommendations for good places online to get a daily political news roundup?

Normally i get most of my news from listening to NPR to/from work and from checking this thread (and any OT political threads) daily. But at least until after the primaries, i think i need to take a break from poliGaf, as this place and all of the OT threads have become a fucking shitshow.

The Trump circus was funny for a while, but I'm getting kinda tired and disinterested in the constant jokes and headlines about him. Then the only discussions that aren't about Trump are Bernie vs Clinton, which are just fucking terrible. In the OT you've got the "both sides are the same" crowd calling anybody willing to vote for Hillary a corporate sellout, and the condescending Hillary stans getting their rocks off feeling superior to everyone else, yelling at each other for 90% of the posts. And in this thread, when we're not talking about Trump, it's always pointing and laughing at Sanders and his supporters, with many of the posters here, who i normally love reading, showing nothing but utter contempt and disdain for anyone who dares to like Sanders or show skepticism about Queen Hillary.

As someone who is supporting Sanders in the primary and also planning to vote Clinton in the very likely event she's the nominee (i don't have any huge problems with Clinton's current positions outside of maybe foreign policy), i just don't really feel welcome here anymore. I hate how fucking long campaign season is.

I have no idea.

DailyKosElections (and not only go to DailyKosElections, not the main site) usually has a pretty good roundup of the daily news, and has a bonus, all discussion of the Democratic Presidential primary there is largely banned, and there's usually good stuff in the comments.

jtb

Banned
I'd be concerned if Kasich managed to pick up some establishment momentum; from a distance, he certainly sounds a lot more electable than Walker or Jeb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom