• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT| Keep Calm and Diablos On

Status
Not open for further replies.

dramatis

I don't think even Bernie vs Hillary can keep this place from turning into PollGAF when elections come. It's always PollGAF when presidential/midterms.

I don't think even Bernie vs Hillary can keep this place from turning into PollGAF when elections come. It's always PollGAF when presidential/midterms.
PollGAF is best GAF. I'm a wreck without polls. Or more specifically elections. I get excited about any of them. Like "Guys there's a special election for dog catcher in a county in Wyoming!"

Tarkus

Bernie, why would you wade into that swamp? You have no reason to even look Trump's way right now. This can only do damage.
Yeah, he should highlighting the fact that "untrustworthy," "liar," and "dishonest" are the words that people associate with Hillary. No need to attack the GOP when you're behind.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
And now Trump has chimed-in on the whole license issue:

I could see this being the first big issue where the Breitbarters and Freepers have a major disagreement with him. How they handle it is going to be very interesting.

Ruh roh. Trump better tread carefully. The base is a lot more tolerant of economic apostasy than they are of social apostasy.

Also, once again Trump proves he's the least shitty Republican presidential candidate.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
It's baffling that there are people who support both. They have nothing in common.

If you squint and think about the people that support Sanders over Hillary or Trump over an actual stump, it's really not that hard to connect the dots. They're both running populist campaigns largely supported by aggrieved middle-class whites.

Conservatives websites are running articles about Carson being more respectable than Trump, lololololololol.

http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...0001&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Apparently the fact that the presidential candidate version of Alex Jones is a terrible public speaker makes him classy and reasonable.

If Trump+Carson can break 50% combined while hating soldiers, that will say interesting things about the GOP voting base.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Conservatives websites are running articles about Carson being more respectable than Trump, lololololololol.

http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...0001&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Apparently the fact that the presidential candidate version of Alex Jones is a terrible public speaker makes him classy and reasonable.

If Trump+Carson can break 50% combined while hating soldiers, that will say interesting things about the GOP voting base.

I accidentally clicked on "View Comments" at the bottom of that article. Ugh.

User 406

Banned
It would seem that it's time for those lazy mooching welfare queen dependent veterans to take some responsibility and pull themselves up by their combat bootstraps. We need to eliminate benefits for soldiers that don't win a war. Oh sure, they'll start fighting a war, but then they'll just quit with lame excuses like, "PTSD" and "no limbs" so they can collect benefits until the next war. They need to show some work ethic and stay on the battlefield for good.

Bernie is most likely attacking Trump because 1) he'll never go after Hills hard, since he ain't an idiot, and 2) Trump has massive publicity, so by provoking a response he increases his own profile. Also wouldn't be surprised if The Bern would rather not have the people that would consider Trump in his base at all. Dude's got something akin to scruples, after all.

Also yaaaay tonsilitis.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Democrats need to be more thorough with committee appointments it seems. A bunch of jew lobby clowns hold key positions they shouldn't, specially when there are plenty of safe senate seats to fill those appointments with none of the baggage. Otherwise you get the Cardin's and Schumer's and Menendez..... might as well run with GOP assignee's.

The thought of having Schumer as minority/majority leader for the next 8 yrs or so is a bit worrying. Reid got duped.

f4FZH7j.jpg

I found a thereotical situation in which i would be forced to vote trump

FyreWulff

it's sad when people predict things that end up happening.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/04/politics/sarah-palin-barack-obama-alaska/index.html

Palin also appeared to slam Obama for recently changing the official name of the United States' tallest peak from Alaska's Mount McKinley to Denali.

"And, he renamed a mountain...our mountain...the tallest peak on the North America continent," Palin said, writing under the pen name "Denali," which was her Secret Service code name.

Palin herself, like most Alaska politicians and locals, has long referred to the peak by its local name "Denali" -- as she did in her farewell address as she left the governor's post in 2009.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, he should highlighting the fact that "untrustworthy," "liar," and "dishonest" are the words that people associate with Hillary. No need to attack the GOP when you're behind.

That was never the type of campaign Bernie wanted to run. He's running to see if progressive policies can do well on the national stage, and not just in Vermont. He's not running to see if Bernie the person can become president. He has constantly treated Hillary as someone on the same team, but with different strategy.

Hillary is running as a democrat that has to play to the center in order to play the game that big money forces you play in order to have the democrats beat the republicans, which Bernie would certainly like to see as the nominee or not. Sanders just doesn't like the fact that you have to do that in order to win, and is trying to win with a different strategy. There's no point to Bernie winning if he only does it by hitching onto republican attacks against Hillary.

http://billmoyers.com/episode/bernie-sanders-breaking-big-moneys-grip-elections/

Tarkus

That was never the type of campaign Bernie wanted to run. He's running to see if progressive policies can do well on the national stage, and not just in Vermont. He's not running to see if Bernie the person can become president. He has constantly treated Hillary as someone on the same team, but with different strategy.

Hillary is running as a democrat that has to play to the center in order to play the game that big money forces you play in order to have the democrats beat the republicans, which Bernie would certainly like to see as the nominee or not. Sanders just doesn't like the fact that you have to do that in order to win, and is trying to win with a different strategy. There's no point to Bernie winning if he only does it by hitching onto republican attacks against Hillary.

http://billmoyers.com/episode/bernie-sanders-breaking-big-moneys-grip-elections/
Fair enough, but what's the point in wasting all those PAC dollars if he's not going to fight Hills? He's clearly losing.

Oh yeah, they get to pocket all of those dollars even if they lose.

Tarkus

Bernie is getting normal PAC donations.

While a candidate technically pockets unspent campaign money, how they can spend it is somewhat limited. So it's somewhat more beneficial to spend it on the campaign.
According to Stephen Colbert, who ran in 2008, you can spend it how you see fit. There's no checks and balances. He had millions left over when he called it quits and spent it on charity. No one checked him.

Hey quick question: all the smart money -- guys like Nate Silver -- say Trump has no shot at winning the nomination, that as candidates drop out, Trump's unfavorability will take over and the others' polls will improve.

So why would Bush and other GOP candidates start attacking Trump? It seems like a lose-lose scenario. You waste resources on someone who will lose anyway, you risk getting people angry, and you miss the opportunity to attack the other plausible candidates. I don't get it.

Hey quick question: all the smart money -- guys like Nate Silver -- say Trump has no shot at winning the nomination, that as candidates drop out, Trump's unfavorability will take over and the others' polls will improve.

So why would Bush and other GOP candidates start attacking Trump? It seems like a lose-lose scenario. You waste resources on someone who will lose anyway, you risk getting people angry, and you miss the opportunity to attack the other plausible candidates. I don't get it.

Trump's favorables have completely turned around and he's way more liked than Jeb! now that Trump is firmly against the humanity of brown people. Jeb's campaign is going very badly and Jeb! is pissed off that Trump keeps saying Jeb! has low T so Jeb's in attack mode (it will end badly).

I mean, 56% of the GOP primary voters right now are for Trump, Carson, Cruz, and Huckabee. He's got to start stealing votes from that super clown car or he won't win the nomination even if he got the support of everyone else.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
According to Stephen Colbert, who ran in 2008, you can spend it how you see fit. There's no checks and balances. He had millions left over when he called it quits and spent it on charity. No one checked him.

The owner of the PAC can spend it as he sees fit. Candidates are not the owner of the PACs.

Trump's favorables have completely turned around and he's way more liked than Jeb! now that Trump is firmly against the humanity of brown people. Jeb's campaign is going very badly and Jeb! is pissed off that Trump keeps saying Jeb! has low T so Jeb's in attack mode (it will end badly).

I mean, 56% of the GOP primary voters right now are for Trump, Carson, Cruz, and Huckabee. He's got to start stealing votes from that super clown car or he won't win the nomination even if he got the support of everyone else.
I get that JEB is behind. I don't get what Bush thinks would happen if he doesn't go after "the clown car?" Does he honestly think Trump or Carson or Huckabee can win the nomination? Surely no one with a team of analysists can believe that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom