• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT| Keep Calm and Diablos On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wall

Democrats seem like they are in "circle the wagons" and "play not to lose" mode right now. Usually that is a portent of disaster, but hopefully demographic trends can save them in 2016.

Also, I can't believe some of you are falling for the old "add up hourly wages and benefits to make wages for a seemingly unimportant position look exorbitant" trick. Ask public sector workers in some states how secure those pension benefits look right now. There is a reason why "present value" is a concept in finance. Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad, more disappointed: like a father whose son grew up to be a Cowboys fan.

tanod

when is my burrito
Well I will admit I'm surprised by the number of articles this morning from the intelligentsia saying Hillary's already blown it.

I'm thinking the media is pissy for Hilary not providing them some clicks. She basically posted the video announcing her expected candidacy which didn't provide them anything new to report on.

gcubed

I hate the be the tin hat guy....

But there has to be something behind the scenes as to why this keeps happening.

He had high approval numbers and no one really ready in NJ to take him on. They sent a sacrificial lamb.

He's now one of the most hated people in NJ and up and down the corridor. Guy had only one thing going for him for a presidential run, which was potential northeast support, but he's disliked by Republicans and democrats alike now.

He won't run, no one likes him and no one will give him money

He had high approval numbers and no one really ready in NJ to take him on. They sent a sacrificial lamb.

But we see it time and time again where the Democrats send out a garbage candidate.

I mean look at the last 10 years in Florida elections for fucks sake. Their last Democrat govenor candidate was a republican governor who lost his previous election as an independent? I mean WTF is this shit? 20 million people and that's the best they could do?

We KNOW there were better candidates out there than Crist, Coakley, Hillary and Buono, so why do the Democrats keep sending out the unlikeable robot brigade?

ivysaur12

Banned
Christie sucks so I don't understand why he keeps getting elected here other than the fact that there's no democratic competiton and some people in nj truly are stereotypes.

His favorables are sinking really fast. I can't see him winning a 3rd term.

If you haven't noticed yet, RCP put their graph on the poll page:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep..._republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html

So you can look at all the rises and falls like last time:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep.../republican_presidential_nomination-1452.html

I love how absurd it looks already.

EDIT: Also RACIST for giving Carson the same color as Cain.

Where is Carly Fiorina?!?!

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
But we see it time and time again where the Democrats send out a garbage candidate.

I mean look at the last 10 years in Florida elections for fucks sake. Their last Democrat govenor candidate was a republican governor who lost his previous election as an independent? I mean WTF is this shit? 20 million people and that's the best they could do?

We KNOW there were better candidates out there than Crist, Coakley, Hillary and Buono, so why do the Democrats keep sending out the unlikeable robot brigade?

The better potential candidates may just not want to run.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently republicans are more anti-free speech through individual actions than democrats are.

imrs.php

benjipwns

Banned
I hate the be the tin hat guy....

But there has to be something behind the scenes as to why this keeps happening.
Christie was polling at like 60% to 20% against every single Democrat in the state, he was even up like 55-35 on Booker who was already being elected to the Senate.

Christie was beating BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN 61-28.

Buono was the only one who wanted to bother. And then Christie got endorsed by Shaq which locked it down for good.

Yes, because if anything, Hillary Clinton is a communist.

Christopher Hitchens has some great stuff about their time at Cambridge, and how Bill was too right-wing for all the "commies" there. Also it clarifies his "I didn't inhale" comment because brownies were much more vogue in the UK at the time.

I'll have to try and find the exact excerpts.

Christie was polling at like 60% to 20% against every single Democrat in the state, he was even up like 55-35 on Booker who was already being elected to the Senate.

Christie was beating BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN 61-28.

Buono was the only one who wanted to bother. And then Christie got endorsed by Shaq which locked it down for good.
Maybe Aaron Carter should have run

She voted for the Iraq war, constantly took hawkish positions while in Obama's administration, openly praises Kissenger, laughed about Quaddafi's death....
I'm not disagreeing.

But even you can understand how disingenuous and massively hypocritical it would be for a supporter of the Republican Party to accuse Hillary of being a war hawk as a reason not to vote for her.

Teggy

So this is the guy (college freshman) who started the whyImnotvotingforhillary hashtag:

I have always been interested in history and political matters, but growing up I idolized Democrats like North Carolina native John Edwards and former President Bill Clinton. I was a strong Democrat supporter as a kid, but as I grew up I started to question the Democrat Party and why Blacks were so loyal to them. I found out that the Democrat Party was pro-slavery, pro-segregation and pro-abortion. That the Democrat Party sterilized Blacks so they wouldn’t have more children. As a child I asked why would anyone support the Democrat Party? I asked my elders they had no answers!

Uh...seems like a bright guy.

benjipwns

Banned
Christopher Hitchens has some great stuff about their time at Cambridge, and how Bill was too right-wing for all the "commies" there. Also it clarifies his "I didn't inhale" comment because brownies were much more vogue in the UK at the time.

I'll have to try and find the exact excerpts.
Fun book:
51fUs%2BsW23L.jpg

EDIT: Gross, are they re-printing all of Hitchens books with these style covers?
518obm1rMzL.jpg

Wall

"Bill Clinton the early years" would be interesting to learn about. He strikes me as the type of guy who was looking for a way to advance himself as far as possible in the world since elementary school. Hillary too. In the 90's I'd hear a lot of people say they couldn't understand the relationship the two had, but I don't think it is that hard to figure out.

NeoXChaos

That Marco Rubio thread is electric. Wow, the debate is something I wish we had in here. More of those RepublicanGaF need to come out more and defend themselves. A healthy debate we can have without getting afraid of a ban.

Although I do take issue with liberalGAF word considering this forum is a universal forum and not just an American Forum

I wonder what all these people would be doing if Sherrod Brown didn't have the charisma of a wet sock.

I actually think Sherrod Brown does have a fair amount of charisma. He's extremely likeable.

Brown just wasn't as vocal and aggressive as Warren when he was first elected in '06, and the issues he gets really passionate about weren't front and center the way they are now.

NeoXChaos

Christie sucks so I don't understand why he keeps getting elected here other than the fact that there's no democratic competiton and some people in nj truly are stereotypes.

The guy got elected in unusual circumstances. In a normal environment, he would have lost. 2017 will be a return to norm IF the Democrats field a strong candidate against the likely nominee Kim Guadagno.

NeoXChaos

The better potential candidates may just not want to run.

The Florida Democrats dont have a bench. They dont control the legislature that is dominated by Republicans. You cant have future talent if you are shut out of most legislator seats and offices.

Patrick Murphy aside, their bench is basically Gwen Graham in 2018 for Governor.

The Florida Democrats dont have a bench. They dont control the legislature that is dominated by Republicans. You cant have future talent if you are shut out of most legislator seats and offices.

Patrick Murphy aside, their bench is basically Gwen Graham in 2018 for Governor.

or nelson's seat in 2018

NeoXChaos

People complain about Hillary and Democrats not having a bench and yet dont vote in the elections that produce a bench. (2010 & 2014)

It is really easy if you do the following if you are a Democrat. Instead of not voting and complaining you:

1. Vote in 2016 for Hillary and her coattail candidates.
2. Vote in 2018 like 2016 so Democrats can control governorships and gain legislature seats across the country in crucial swing states like NM, NV, WI, FL, OH that draw congressional lines.

AntoneM

he's literally scared of black people and drives fast through their neighborhoods

Hold on now, he's not afraid of black people, it's just that the neighborhoods where black people live are scary. It's totally different from being scared of black people. I'm sure he has black friends.

benjipwns

Banned
I don't know if Hillary will be able to survive this Chipotle scandal, I feel like it will derail her campaign immediately, especially if Rubio opens by going to a Taco Bell.

Between this, Benghazi and whatever that Salon article was talking about, I don't know...this thing feels over. Not to mention jamesinclair's Electoral Vote breakdown, that really opened up my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom