• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT| Keep Calm and Diablos On

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
From the Hillary thread:
Hillary Clinton just doesn’t get it: She’s already running a losing campaign
Hillary Clinton joins the race for president today. If you believe the leaks from her staff, and there’s no reason you shouldn’t, she’ll do it in a video released at noon as she herself flies high above the nation in a chartered plane. She and her top advisors, all smart people, must think it’s a good idea. It doesn’t feel like one.

For months Clinton has run a front-porch campaign — if by porch you mean Boo Radley’s. Getting her outdoors is hard enough; when she does get out it’s often to give paid speeches to people who look just like her: educated, prosperous and privileged. Needing desperately to connect with the broader public, she opts for the virtual reality of a pre-taped video delivered via social media. Go figure.

Her leakers say she’ll head out on a listening tour like the one that kicked off her first Senate race. They say listening to real people talk about real stuff will make her seem more real. This too may be a good idea, but it made more sense when she was a rookie candidate seeking a lesser office in a state she barely knew. Running for president is different. So are the times. Voters are more desperate now, and in a far worse mood. If you invite their questions, you’d better have some answers. I’ll return to this point shortly.

Her leakers say she’ll avoid big events, rallies, stadiums, that sort of thing. This is about 2008, when she and her tone-deaf team seemed to be planning a coronation. This time they say she doesn’t want to come off as quite so presumptuous. Yet next week she keynotes a ‘Global Women’s Summit’ cohosted by Tina Brown and the New York Times, at which “world leaders, industry icons, movie stars and CEOs convene with artists, rebels, peacemakers and activists to tell their stories and share their plans of action.” Orchestra seats go for $300.

Clinton personifies the meritocracy that to an angry middle class looks increasingly like just another privileged caste. It’s the anger captured best by the old ‘Die Yuppie Scum’ posters and in case you haven’t noticed, it’s on the rise. Republicans love to paint Democrats as elitists. It’s how the first two Bushes took out Dukakis, Gore and Kerry — and how Jeb plans to take out Hillary. When she says she and Bill were broke when they left the White House; when she sets her own email rules and says it was only for her own convenience; when she hangs out with the Davos, Wall Street or Hollywood crowds, she makes herself a more inviting target.

During its long ramp-up, Democrats searched for signs that this Clinton campaign would be better than the last, a seething cauldron of rivalries and resentments run by D.C. consultants who made their real livings from corporate clients. Things do look better at the top. The chief of staff is John Podesta, a man whose core competency is competency. Pollster Joel Benenson is a huge step up from the fiercely anti-populist Mark Penn.

Still, the leaks are a bad sign. All campaigns fall prey to them and it’s sometimes a good thing for the First Amendment that they do. All White House staffs leak to settle scores or advance agendas and careers. Bill Clinton’s White House added a new wrinkle — leaks that elevated the leaker at Clinton’s expense. Often the leaker wanted only to prove his insider status and savvy; the result was to frame everything Clinton did as political even before he did it. Every modern president polled as much as Clinton but none was so scorned for it. Leakers had a lot to do with that.

All political reportage is full of insider tales about how every link of sausage is made. When House Democrats resumed their push for a minimum wage hike, staff framed the initiative not as sound policy but as clever politics. Even if authorized, nearly all such leaks harm the principle. On Friday, Clinton’s campaign let slip its aim to raise $2.5 billion; maybe that’s not the best way to say hello to a struggling middle class. Someone gabbed about the message of Hillary’s planned sit downs with average families, a sure fire way to make the families look and feel like props — and to make the whole, hollow exercise look and feel like a hollow exercise.

There are three problems that go far deeper than Hillary’s image or her campaign’s operations. Each is endemic to our current politics; all are so deeply connected as to be inseparable. You already know them. The first is how they raise their money. The second is how they craft their message. The third pertains to policy.
Leaders as progressive as Howard Dean and Barney Frank urge Democrats to circle the wagons and spare the party the bloodshed of a real contest, but this party needs to get its blood moving. Clinton needs a real challenge and a real debate, not just a sparring partner; not some palooka to dance her around the ring for a couple of rounds, but a real fighter. She needs the debate. We all do. But who will bring it?

Underdogs always need to get an early start, so it’s surprising that Clinton beat all of her prospective primary opponents into the race. Some seem to be auditioning for the second spot on her ticket. Others may not make the race. If no champion emerges, progressives must mount their own debate and relearn some of the skills they applied so successfully back in the days before everybody had a PAC.

Chichikov

We found it, the one issue that will truly tear PoliGAF apart.

Metroid.

Two top favourites have slandered its impeccable name in their edit reasons.
All I know that if any of you fuckers is going to defend Visions, we'll have a long a hard discussion about the Zelda series.
I know there is a defense for everything here, fuck, just the other day I had a lovely conversation with the unit 731 defense force, but I'd like to believe that we as a community will put a line in the sand somewhere.

p.s.
'Favourites'? and you claim to be an authority on what's unamerican?
Get that piss poor UK-English bullshit spelling out of here.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

Who wants to tell Rubio's team that the "winter" in Game of Thrones isn't something good that everyone is eagerly anticipating?

Chichikov

Wait link to that Unit 731 thread.

I do not support Visions.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=159296959#post159296959

By the way, that whole thread pissed me off, we had that Yamato animu show on TV when I was a kid, couldn't quite follow it because it was subtitled and that was before I could read fast enough (or maybe even before I could read, period) but I was aware of it as it was pretty much the only cartoon that didn't try to teach you anything (1 channel, government owned, sucked fucking hard).
Many years later when I found out it was a real WWII Japanese warship I was like, WTF Japan, what the flying fuck?

Why are people okay with that shit?

xMyeGGU.gif

benjipwns

Banned
To be fair they were experimenting on foreigners who are known to have no souls and thus aren't human beings. Don't let their sacrifices go to waste by condemning those who did terrible things to them!

Chichikov

To be fair they were experimenting on foreigners who are known to have no souls and thus aren't human beings. Don't let their sacrifices go to waste by condemning those who did terrible things to them!
And who knows where medical science would've been today if they hadn't infected people with cholera and then cut them open and stood on their chest to bleed them dry?
We would probably still be using leeches.

Some of the comments in that Hillary campaign thread surprises me greatly. I didnt know some people felt so strongly about Hillary especially from Democrats. I feel like I am talking to Republicans.

I understand wanting elizabeth warren but comparing Hillary to Martha Coakley of all people is just silly.

We are in for a rough possible eight years.

Warrenites need to cool their jets.

Christ, you'd think she were the first progressive ever elected to the Senate.

Chichikov

New study: Men more likely than women to travel back in time and kill Hitler.
A new academic paper has collected the responses of over 6,100 people to exactly that question, and concluded that men are much more likely than women to say 'yes' to the opportunity of assassinating the Nazi dictator.

First the democrats elect a muslim anti-semite and now they'll try to push someone who wouldn't have the decency to go back in time, kill hitler?
As a Jew I'm deeply concerned.

Warrenites need to cool their jets.

Christ, you'd think she were the first progressive ever elected to the Senate.
I like warren a lot but has she said anything ever on foreign affairs, climate change, racial justice? I mean I love her, but "death to the banks" kinda isn't the only thing a presidential campaign should be based on.
New study: Men more likely than women to travel back in time and kill Hitler.

First the democrats elect a muslim anti-semite and now they'll try to push someone who wouldn't have the decency to go back in time, kill hitler?
As a Jew I'm deeply concerned.
I'd go back in time and change your taste in video games.

Edit: I didn't read that Japan thread but I'm not gonna condem them for WWII shows considering how many shows and entertainment in the US glosses over our treatment of Indians and makes the civil war out to be a noble disagreement.

Opiate

Honestly? Statistics worked for me. I used to hold some, hm, not pleasent views on things like affirmative action and the trends of poverty in various groups and even rape. And then some people showed me the actual stats and I just wasn't able to deny that I was wrong

Unfortunately very few people ever have their minds changed by that approach, more often than not it just entrenches their views.

I agree with B-Dubs. I am also persuaded by statistics, but those same sorts of statistics similarly convince me that others are not so easily moved by them. The general consensus seems to be that the best way to influence large numbers of people is to appeal to their emotions, not their statistical savvy.

Chichikov

Edit: I didn't read that Japan thread but I'm not gonna condem them for WWII shows considering how many shows and entertainment in the US glosses over our treatment of Indians and makes the civil war out to be a noble disagreement.
You really think you can make a TV show this day and age that would gloss over the treatment of native Americans?
No way, no how.

I'm not saying there isn't whitewash of American history, there is, but it's not close to the shit that going on in Japan.
You want to talk WWII atrocities?
No joke, I've learned about internment camps from a fucking Wonder Woman episode (oh Lynda Carter cleavage, is there anything you can't teach us?).
That shit was in the 70s, you know, that magical time when America thought it was acceptable to have a show where a couple of rednecks drive around in a car with a confederate flag called The General Lee. Come to think about it, the US probably still think it's okay. Hmmmmm, I've let the argument get away from me a bit here.

But seriously, a TV show about an WWII Imperial Navy ship saving humanity?
You don't see the Germans doing a show about space battleship Bismarck.

p.s.
Probably the most hilarious (though admittedly rather inconsequential) case of whitewash I've seen in Japan is their rabbit Island.
You've probably seen videos of that island on the internet, it's small and rather unremarkable island near Hiroshima, but what special about it that its full of bunnies.
The reason they're there is because it used to be a poison gas factory in WWII and the bunnies were used to test the gas After the war when the factory was shut down they just released them, and since they fucked like rabbits, they soon filled the island.

Now the Japanese don't deny that there was a chemical gas factory there or that they tested the gas on rabbit, but the insist (pretty fucking sternly if you push the point) that those were not chemical testing rabbit, because when the war ended they executed rabbit order 66 and killed them all, and then immediately brought other, unrelated rabbits on a boat and released them into the wild because reasons.

benjipwns

Banned
I like warren a lot but has she said anything ever on foreign affairs, climate change, racial justice? I mean I love her, but "death to the banks" kinda isn't the only thing a presidential campaign should be based on.
Address predatory lending targeting young military enlistees. (Apr 2014)
Reduce size of standing army to reduce deficit. (Oct 2012)
Not a good idea to strip terrorists of citizenship. (Oct 2011)
#1 responsibility: protect Americans from terrorism. (Oct 2011)
Non-proliferation includes disposing of nuclear materials. (Aug 2014)
End bulk data collection under USA PATRIOT Act. (Oct 2013)
Bring US troops home from Afghanistan before 2014. (Oct 2012)
Take nothing off the table with Iran's nuclear weapon. (Sep 2012)
Get out of Afghanistan as fast as possible. (Dec 2011)
Military action possible to stop Iranian nukes. (Oct 2011)

Invest in our kids instead of subsidizing Big oil. (Apr 2014)
Invest in energy technology instead of subsidizing Big Oil. (Apr 2014)
Lead the world in using green technology. (Sep 2011)
Collective trusts for asbestos victims, not individual cases. (Apr 2014)
Endorsed by Sierra Club and Clean Water Action. (Apr 2012)
Voted YES on protecting ocean, coastal, and Great Lakes ecosystems. (May 2013)
Require labeling genetically engineered food. (Nov 2013)

Opposes the outright legalization of marijuana. (Apr 2012)

Favorite Bible verse: Matthew 25:40. (Apr 2014)

http://elizabethwarren.com/issues/energy-and-the-environment
Carbon-heavy fuels also intensify the risks of climate change. The science is unmistakable: Earth's climate is changing and human activities are contributing to climate change. Climate change endangers our health and national security, it threatens agricultural production and the availability of clean water, and it risks floods and droughts.

We know what we need to do. We have known what we've had to do since the 1970s. But powerful oil, gas and coal companies have blocked real change. We can't keep putting off the changes we need to make. Investing in clean energy technology is investing in our health, our environmental security, our national security, and our economic security.

The decisions we make now will affect the world we leave to our children and grandchildren in ways that go beyond our physical survival. Bruce and I are avid hikers. We love to walk any time of the year, in any weather, from the shore to the Berkshires. We believe that protecting these places of beauty is a moral duty we owe to the next generation of children and grandchildren.
Reliance on oil and gas puts us at the mercy of OPEC. We are more likely to prop up foreign dictators or become entangled in wars that are about our energy needs rather than our long-term, strategic interests. And when we do wage war, we put our servicemen and women at risk: about 80% of convoys in Afghanistan are associated with fuel delivery, and there were 1,100 attacks on these convoys in 2010 alone.
I assume those convoys are mainly internal?

http://elizabethwarren.com/issues/foreign-policy
Since its founding more than 60 years ago, Israel and the United States have been steadfast, trusted, and reliable allies. I unequivocally support the right of a Jewish, democratic state of Israel to exist, and to be safe and secure. The U.S.-Israel relationship is rooted in shared values and common interests, based on a commitment to liberty, pluralism, and the rule of law. These values transcend time, and they are the basis of our unbreakable bond.

To me, it is a moral imperative to support and defend Israel, and I am committed to ensuring its long-term security by maintaining its qualitative military edge. Israel must be able to defend itself from the serious threats it faces from terrorist organizations to hostile states, including Iran, Hamas, Hezbollah, and others.

I am also a strong proponent of a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, which I believe to be in the interest of Israel and the United States, with a Jewish, democratic state of Israel and a state for the Palestinian people. The U.S. can and should play an active role in promoting a diplomatic resolution to the conflict that is agreed to by the parties, but I do not believe that a lasting peace can be imposed from the outside or that either party should take unilateral steps - such as the Palestinians' application for UN membership - that move the parties further away from negotiations.

I am also deeply proud that Israel and Massachusetts are natural economic allies. Like Massachusetts, Israel has a real commitment and advantage in high-tech and innovative industries. There are approximately 100 companies in Massachusetts with Israeli founders or based on Israeli technologies - creating $2.4 billion in value and thousands of jobs for our economy.

As a United States Senator, I will work to ensure Israel's security and success, and I will support active American leadership to help bring peace and security to Israel and the region.

http://elizabethwarren.com/issues/issues-facing-urban-neighborhoods
Crime and Public Safety

Elizabeth will support our first responders, the enforcement of tough gun laws to keep weapons out of the hands of criminals, and anti-trafficking efforts. Elizabeth supports community policing, anti-gang, and safe neighborhood initiatives because she knows that good public safety happens when police, community leaders, clergy, district service providers, prosecutors and sheriffs work together. She supports substance abuse treatment programs that reduce recidivism and help people get jobs.

ooooh now we have a RETIREMENT CRISIS
EWSocialSecurityLP.jpg

You really think you can make a TV show this day and age that would gloss over the treatment of native Americans?
No way, no how.

I'm not saying there isn't whitewash of American history, there is, but it's not close to the shit that going on in Japan.
You want to talk WWII atrocities?
No joke, I've learned about internment camps from a fucking Wonder Woman episode (oh Lynda Carter cleavage, is there anything you can't teach us?).
That shit was in the 70s, you know, that magical time when America thought it was acceptable to have a show where a couple of rednecks drive around in a car with a confederate flag called The General Lee. Come to think about it, the US probably still think it's okay. Hmmmmm, I've let the argument get away from me a bit here.

But seriously, a TV show about an WWII Imperial Navy ship saving humanity?
You don't see the Germans doing a show about space battleship Bismarck.

p.s.
Probably the most hilarious (though admittedly rather inconsequential) case of whitewash I've seen in Japan is their rabbit Island.
You've probably seen videos of that island on the internet, it's small and rather unremarkable island near Hiroshima, but what special about it that its full of bunnies.
The reason they're there is because it used to be a poison gas factory in WWII and the bunnies were used to test the gas After the war when the factory was shut down they just released them, and since they fucked like rabbits, they soon filled the island.

Now the Japanese don't deny that there was a chemical gas factory there or that they tested the gas on rabbit, but the insist (pretty fucking sternly if you push the point) that those were not chemical testing rabbit, because when the war ended they executed rabbit order 66 and killed them all, and then immediately brought other, unrelated rabbits on a boat and released them into the wild because reasons.
Isn't that show from the 70s?

I think it's a bit different now. And didn't they just take the name?

Wilsongt

Who wants to tell Rubio's team that the "winter" in Game of Thrones isn't something good that everyone is eagerly anticipating?

Just like GoT, Rubio's campaign is leaking all over the place and the end result will be a bloody massacre.

Why would I support someone standing around doing absolutely nothing getting paid $75 an hour?

Hire 8 disadvantaged teens to stand around and collect litter for the same price.

I'm a construction manager. I'm okay with this.

For the most part flaggers are just laborers who ended up with that job for the day, and alternate in and out. If flaggers were only flaggers in NYC before and paid a lower wage as a result it will of course have an impact on project costs, but if they're going to be paid union wages I would expect that they be responsible for more labor during the day (e.g., at least picking up and moving cones). If their job responsibilities don't expand then there will be labor disputes, and rightly so.

Nobody likes being a flagger or a ground man for someone working in a lift. It's the worst possible job that you can get because it's boring as fuck. I think anyone standing around holding a sign would rather be working on anything else but the long and short of it is that the job has to be done, and the people have an agreed to wage for any work they do.

Require labeling genetically engineered food. (Nov 2013)

This issue alone kind of makes me glad that Warren isn't interested in running for president.

The Democratic Party as a whole has resisted this stupid GMO hysteria, so I'd hate to see a Democratic presidential candidate potentially pull the party in that direction.

FiggyCal

Banned

You tease the announcement. Then you "leak the announcement". Then you announce the anouncement. Then you announce.

This is the least fun phase in the cycle. Why can't we get legitimate surprises?

benjipwns

Banned
Somebody big and famous should do like a few months of announcements of announcements of announcements and then finally announce that the announcement is that they aren't running.

I suggest Elizabeth Warren since APK wants her to be President so bad.

Al Gore is second choice.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Well I will admit I'm surprised by the number of articles this morning from the intelligentsia saying Hillary's already blown it.

I'm a construction manager. I'm okay with this.

For the most part flaggers are just laborers who ended up with that job for the day, and alternate in and out. If flaggers were only flaggers in NYC before and paid a lower wage as a result it will of course have an impact on project costs, but if they're going to be paid union wages I would expect that they be responsible for more labor during the day (e.g., at least picking up and moving cones). If their job responsibilities don't expand then there will be labor disputes, and rightly so.

Nobody likes being a flagger or a ground man for someone working in a lift. It's the worst possible job that you can get because it's boring as fuck. I think anyone standing around holding a sign would rather be working on anything else but the long and short of it is that the job has to be done, and the people have an agreed to wage for any work they do.

Yes if theyre part of the rotation thats ok, but if the article is true and those people were non-union holding a flag, not touching cones, and getting $12 an hour, now getting paid $75 for the same thing is not right.

benjipwns

Banned
Wealthy donors on left launch new plan to wrest back control in the states
SAN FRANCISCO — A cadre of wealthy liberal donors aims to pour tens of millions of dollars into rebuilding the left’s political might in the states, racing to catch up with a decades-old conservative effort that has reshaped statehouses across the country.

The plan embraced by the Democracy Alliance, an organization that advises some of the Democrats’ top contributors, puts an urgent new focus on financing groups that can help the party regain influence in time for the next congressional redistricting process, after the 2020 elections. The blueprint approved by the alliance board calls on donors to help expand state-level organizing and lobbying for measures addressing climate change, voting rights and economic inequality.

“People have gotten a wake-up call,” Gara LaMarche, the alliance’s president, said in an interview. “The right is focused on the state level, and even down-ballot, and has made enormous gains. We can’t have the kind of long-term progressive future we want if we don’t take power in the states.”

The five-year initiative, called 2020 Vision, will be discussed this week at a private conference being held at a San Francisco hotel for donors who participate in the Democracy Alliance. Leading California Democrats are scheduled to make appearances, including House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom and California Attorney General Kamala Harris. The alliance, which does not disclose its members, plans to make some of the events available to reporters via a webcast.

Much of the conference will focus on the alliance’s long-term strategy. The new plan calls on the group’s members, known as “partners,” to boost the amount they have collectively pumped annually into a core group of liberal organizations in recent years from $30 million to at least $50 million.

Among the 35 groups recommended for backing are a dozen new additions, including the Washington-based Ballot Initiative Strategy Center and the State Innovation Exchange, an organization that will lobby for liberal policies in the states. The alliance also is urging its members to help expand staffing for 20 state-level donor networks, a collaboration with the Committee on States, a low-profile sister group that helps coordinate such efforts.

Bolstering the left’s muscle in the states has long been a goal of the Democracy Alliance, which was founded 10 years ago with the goal of building a lasting infrastructure of liberal think tanks and advocacy groups to match groups on the right such as the Heritage Foundation and the Cato Institute. On that front, it has succeeded, helping launch the Center for American Progress, a think-tank powerhouse once run by Podesta, and Media Matters for America, a media watchdog group.

The alliance has slowly been expanding its ranks in the past few years, recruiting San Francisco hedge fund manager Tom Steyer, Houston trial lawyers Steve and Amber Mostyn, and others. The organization now has about 110 partners, who are required to contribute at least $200,000 a year to groups it vets and recommends. Among its members are some of the country’s biggest labor unions, which have seen their power greatly diminish under GOP state leaders.

It remains to be seen how much money will go into direct political activity to help Democrats wrest back control of the redistricting process, viewed by party strategists as key to unlocking the GOP hold on the U.S. House.

The State Innovation Exchange, one of the new groups backed by the alliance, has cast itself as a liberal version of ALEC and plans to promote model bills and arm state lawmakers to fight for their passage.

“I have never seen this amount of energy, enthusiasm and focus from donors in the progressive community,” said Nick Rathod, the exchange’s executive director. “There is nothing like losing to get people’s attention.”

In a shift, the alliance is urging its members to invest in a host of groups working on specific policy issues such as the environment, income inequality and campaign finance reform. Among those that got the nod: Americans for Financial Reform, the Roosevelt Institute and LeadingGreen, a joint venture of the Natural Resources Defense Council Action Fund and the League of Conservation Voters.

Top national players are still part of the 2020 plan, including America Votes, which coordinates the efforts of allied interest groups; Catalist, the voter data hub; the Center for American Progress; and Media Matters.
*gasp* The government needs to ban this, and quick! Hopefully President Walker sics the IRS on 'em.

Chichikov

Isn't that show from the 70s?

I think it's a bit different now. And didn't they just take the name?
Let me tell you a little story.
I was walking on the beach with the Lord, and there were two sets of footprints in the sand, and then there were three sets of footprints, and I said, "Who's that?" And the Lord said, "It's Dale Earnhardt. He's a big fan of yours."

Fuck, I don't know, I talked about animu long enough, I'm sleep deprived and I may or may not binged watched the unbreakable kimmy schmidt on a plane and now have that stupid song stuck in my head.

Point is, my weed tolerance has gone to shit, fuck you Washington state, drugs, not even once.

Rubio has a shot but I don't think he can pull it off. While Walker is still my choice it's hard to deny that he has struggled on the national stage thusfar. That gives Rubio an opening IMO. He's easily the best speaker amongst the candidates and might be able to convince voters he's the GOP's best shot ("he can win Latinos!").

Wilsongt

Rubio has a shot but I don't think he can pull it off. While Walker is still my choice it's hard to deny that he has struggled on the national stage thusfar. That gives Rubio an opening IMO. He's easily the best speaker amongst the candidates and might be able to convince voters he's the GOP's best shot ("he can win Latinos!").

Hahahaohwow.jpg

Cheebo

Banned
I think Walker is taking up the spot Rubio would go after, and with Walkers surprisingly solid early poll numbers (ahead in basically every early state despite low name recognition) I see Rubio not going far. It will take a major fuck-up for Walker to lose the primary I think. The base is not going to ever nominate Jeb Bush, they don't trust him.

I could see Walker picking Rubio as his VP nominee. A fairly young ticket in both spots to contrast Hillary.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Christie sucks so I don't understand why he keeps getting elected here other than the fact that there's no democratic competiton and some people in nj truly are stereotypes.

Christie sucks so I don't understand why he keeps getting elected here other than the fact that there's no democratic competiton and some people in nj truly are stereotypes.

Well, the first time he won because we would have voted in literally any Republican due to Corzine fatigue. And the second time, the Democratic party sent Buono, a crappy candidate, to die. They didn't even try.

Christie would have never been elected under normal circumstances. He has only won against truly terrible opposing candidates. Kind of like Hillary.

Well, the first time he won because we would have voted in literally any Republican due to Corzine fatigue. And the second time, the Democratic party sent Buono, a crappy candidate, to die. They didn't even try.

I hate the be the tin hat guy....

But there has to be something behind the scenes as to why this keeps happening.

When did the phrase "uniquely qualified" become so prolific across presidential candidacies. Every candidate so far seems to have said they are "uniquely qualified" for some policy task. Today's was Rubio saying he's "uniquely qualified" to talk about the future. Whatever that means.

Herbert Hoover was uniquely qualified. We all know how well that went. Anyway, random rant, but just irked me as I was browsing the news today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom